These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

local/ derectional scan

Author
tomato1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-02-07 15:01:42 UTC
so for everyone here you probly already know that these 2 things are broken as can be but i want to list out the issues and present a solution.

Local: so as i have hurd from many and have thought about it myself people want local gone taken out people dont want some instand warning that they have entered the system. now i dont want local chat taken right out just make it like its in worm hole and i dont imagine ccp would take such a chat out. another issue with local is information the list of people in the chat and endlessly scolling trying to figure out whos in your system... i will get back to this in the solution.

D-scan: anyone whos broken out the AU/km converter kit knows that, that is 10% of whats wrong with it. some thoughts on it are the botton that syncs it with your over view is nice if you have an overview that match, sometimes annoying flipping tabs. there are other issues but im sure you all know about them

the solution: so my idea was to move info from local the names and icons whethere there war targets or corpies would show up in the scan. what i would like to see is the d-scan to become the compass for all things like for explorers i think ccp is working on station walking and dungons and dragons stuff... anyway i would like to see it become something of great use.

simple sejestions:

-have both au/km measurements so its easy to know how far so when you look at a planet to find someone its easy

-making the slider on the d-scan biger or somehow easier to use then it is now

-perhaps just like the inventory system where you could check off certian things like modules same thing can be done for d-scan like ships planets moons and stuff

-for local maybe something like after you have been in a system for given amount of time you show up in it, if you like to kill a carebear youll like that one

-and last and totally off topic maybe ccp make it possible to scan an afk cloaker, after a certain amount of time or its easier to scan as time goes on

food for thought please keep the comments constructive