These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve on the verge of collapse?

First post
Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#81 - 2013-02-06 10:33:37 UTC
Degren wrote:
I'm gone for six months and Eve is still dying?

Zombies!
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#82 - 2013-02-06 11:03:07 UTC
Help us CCP, you're our only hope!
Reese Duke Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2013-02-06 12:13:27 UTC
I thought conspiracy theories were in the real world?
Aracimia Wolfe
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2013-02-06 12:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Aracimia Wolfe
Posting in a stealth Goons/test killed eve thread

EDIT: I just relaised this is actually a stealth Nerf Verge of Collapse thread.

Well played OP well played. Stick it to those evil wormhole denizens and their fancy tournament winning ways.

Kill it with Fire!

isk4trade
Cogitation Mining and Industrial Trading
#85 - 2013-02-06 12:56:21 UTC
Perhaps you should totally give up on ever accomplishing anything IRL because the most huge sandbox known as EARTH had EIGHT BILLION people here with a head start on you before you were born.

me

Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-02-06 16:19:44 UTC
isk4trade wrote:
Perhaps you should totally give up on ever accomplishing anything IRL because the most huge sandbox known as EARTH had EIGHT BILLION people here with a head start on you before you were born.

me

If everyone on Earth was born with exact same stats, and learned skills at exact same pace, and performed tasks with exact same efficiency based on those skill levels - then sure.

Luckily for us Earthlings, that is not the case. Unluckily for us gamers, that is true in EVE.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#87 - 2013-02-06 16:22:02 UTC
Game != Reality.

In fact:
Game !~ Reality.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#88 - 2013-02-06 16:31:21 UTC
Came expecting discussion of marauding wormholer gangs, left disappointed.
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#89 - 2013-02-06 18:11:13 UTC
Posting in a stealth 'I'm a level 1 Paladin and I want to rule the world now' thread.
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#90 - 2013-02-07 09:16:45 UTC
Kalle Demos wrote:
[quote=Mr R4nd0m]One thing I find really odd is, I havent seen anyone in game from GSF, I mean 50% of local anywhere seems to be TEST, but GSF dont seem to exist :S and it cant be because they are all up north because stats show Deklein is a ghost region with minimum activity.

I've seen quite a few of them in and around Amarr / Minnie FW space lately
HVAC Repairman
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-02-07 09:21:32 UTC
the dudes in factional warfare and the roleplayers killed eve

i dont know i just like saying stuff that isn't remotely true
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#92 - 2013-02-07 11:39:19 UTC
While the mutterings of hi-sec pubbies are normally beneath my notice, or indeed my contempt, I will this time favour you with a reply:

The workings of nul-sec have never been at a more fluid or dynamic state they they currently are right now; there are litterly a dozen powers that are at this moment balanced on the edge of a sword, and who are crying out for new dedicated pilots for their ranks.

But you won't know anything about any of that, as you are too busy hiding in hi-sec, and that won't change until you grow a pair and find yourself a low-sec gate.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2013-02-07 17:31:34 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
While the mutterings of hi-sec pubbies are normally beneath my notice, or indeed my contempt, I will this time favour you with a reply:

The workings of nul-sec have never been at a more fluid or dynamic state they they currently are right now; there are litterly a dozen powers that are at this moment balanced on the edge of a sword, and who are crying out for new dedicated pilots for their ranks.

But you won't know anything about any of that, as you are too busy hiding in hi-sec, and that won't change until you grow a pair and find yourself a low-sec gate.

Why So Serious?
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2013-02-07 17:42:39 UTC
Ask anyone at CCP and they will confirm that it was me, personally, and without the help of my corporation or alliance, or any goon, or any redditor, or anyone from any coalition, but just me, I killed Eve Online.
Spurty
#95 - 2013-02-07 17:44:05 UTC
Well as long as there's no chance of a viable / equal sized challenger coming to overthrow the current establishment, I say you should all just return to high sec

Boring as it is, there's other things to do in game.

Can recommend wormholes if you have 10 or more buddies. Nothing here is easy or free, but if you invest a couple of billion ISK each month, you can make that and a bit more back.

Comes with the satisfaction that only reasonable pvp takes place here. People that bridge in over 50 ships can lament they are now the victims of their own success.

Wormholes dwellers come to null for target practice. Wipes are fine, especially at x2+ opponent numbers. Reminds us of easy mode being not a lot of fun.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2013-02-07 17:52:50 UTC
The game is so close to collapse I even resubbed.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#97 - 2013-02-07 17:55:39 UTC
Confirmed, EvE is dying.

But in the end, aren't we all?

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Leper ofBacon
HELP GRANDMA SMASH HER LEGS IN
#98 - 2013-02-07 18:08:04 UTC
OP, I have been reading your posts and need to comment that you are the type of player who wants the creators of the sandbox to reach in and make things better for you. This attitude will only lead to unhappiness because people banding together to take things for the greater good of their personal units are exactly what the designers of a game such as this want to happen. The reasons are obvious.

Your complaint is a fallacy though as there have been a ton of really powerful territory controlling groups before that now no longer exist. More will come even after these current ones are finished, join them or rival them or accept the meager pickings left for those with no willingness to change.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#99 - 2013-02-07 18:17:49 UTC
ITT: Eve is not on the verge of collapse, but Verge of Collapse is in EVE.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!