These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RMTing...

First post
Author
Anndy
The Evocati
#201 - 2013-02-06 23:20:04 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:

you call November 29, 2011 a very long time?

Its 2013.

yep and 16 months ago it was Nov 2011, now i wonder how exactly the map looked back then??? oh wait i already know

Ah 16 months ago. When the evil russian supercarrier blob was about to wipe out all of null sec and the only hope was the hero goons who made their stand in VFK agaist a force that wiped out NC in a matter of weeks.

My how evil empires change.

convenient how you managed to leave out the fact NC didnt really attempt to fight back, convenient how you forgot to mention only a few alliances within that blob attacked goons, convenient how you forgot to mention that same blob crumbled under its own weight only months after NC was gone
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#202 - 2013-02-06 23:22:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Tallian Saotome
Anndy wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:

you call November 29, 2011 a very long time?

Its 2013.

yep and 16 months ago it was Nov 2011, now i wonder how exactly the map looked back then??? oh wait i already know

Ah 16 months ago. When the evil russian supercarrier blob was about to wipe out all of null sec and the only hope was the hero goons who made their stand in VFK agaist a force that wiped out NC in a matter of weeks.

My how evil empires change.

convenient how you managed to leave out the fact NC didnt really attempt to fight back, convenient how you forgot to mention only a few alliances within that blob attacked goons, convenient how you forgot to mention that same blob crumbled under its own weight only months after NC was gone

Wow, either you were not there, or your memory is very bad.

The 'Few alliances' were the ones that provided ALL the firepower to coalition, and it didn't collapse, they disbanded it because they didn't want a sea of blues(look where all those alliances are now).

Edit: and the NC did try to fight back, they were just horribly ineffective due to leadership issues(leadership was not playing).

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#203 - 2013-02-06 23:24:33 UTC
Anndy wrote:

Its also convenient how you forget to mentions the fact that we **** caged the most supercarriers and titans in history and mangled every fleet that tried to evack them as well as the fact that the battles involved fleets of equal numbers of subcaps on both sides.

But hey, when less than 20 Bats can bring high sec to its collective knees and produces months of rage on the forums by your ilk then its no wonder we have managed to take so many tech moons and hold them.
Malik Doom
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#204 - 2013-02-06 23:29:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:

Its also convenient how you forget to mentions the fact that we **** caged the most supercarriers and titans in history and mangled every fleet that tried to evack them as well as the fact that the battles involved fleets of equal numbers of subcaps on both sides.

But hey, when less than 20 Bats can bring high sec to its collective knees and produces months of rage on the forums by your ilk then its no wonder we have managed to take so many tech moons and hold them.

And that ladies and gents, is why Goons are the invincible internet spaceship masters of EVE.
Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#205 - 2013-02-06 23:31:57 UTC
Kalle Demos wrote:
This thread was interesting until GSF dedicated forum warriors decided to join for no reason, you would think having all that space they would have a lot of fun, cool things to do, yet here they are once again defending their alliance when the OP mentions ALL OF 0.0. Clearly GSF have something to hide if the second RMT is mentioned they have to get involved

Btw none adressed them in the thread. Was a talk about RTM and immeditally they jumped in to say "no, we are not, our corpotation wallet and transation is visible" and so on :)

I already tried to explain them as this attitude only feed suspects, but then everyone do as prefers...

And still I don't think is a matter of a specific group, corporation are alliance, everyone has his own fair share of this. And also I'm sure are only very small groups and 99% of this people is clean even if they work hard on the forum to look like guilty..

Botting. Anyone with an average IQ understand as they are isntalled where is more convenient to install them. Mining and ratting bots needs to have empty belts and no competitors to work properly, beside installing a ratting bot in high sec makes no sense considerating the laughable payout. Same for anomalies bots, they need to be installed where anomalies pay more and with no competitors.

Missioning bots (like the recent "Questor") are different: they farm an infinite resources spawned ad hoc (the mission site) so they don't have to worry about competitors and can work fine everywhere (of course they will be installed where there are mission hubs).

Note here: the statement "now 0.0. belts are empty cause is more convenient to run missioning bots" is awesome :)

But here the point was not botting, was RMT. If RMT from moon, botting, or legit in game activities is secondary. The question is: who manage this at a massive level.

There are cases of major alliance leaders banned or involved in RMT (just as example the former leader of RA), as well as WHOLE alliance of botters banned, and again they were part of these null sec coalition and well known as botters (last one is that jagged alliance). Those are facts. For the rest, again, is enough to google some keywords to find documents, data, chat logs that give a clear idea about this.

Anndy
The Evocati
#206 - 2013-02-06 23:32:57 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:

not sure what you call equal numbers but that was mainly just PL, Raiden and NC., hardly compares to goons numbers

i dont mine so ya your high sec crap doesn't affect me in any form and i actually think its really funny all those miners insist on mining in packed systems just asking to be ganked
Tallian Saotome
#207 - 2013-02-06 23:35:30 UTC
Sura Sadiva wrote:

There are cases of major alliance leaders banned or involved in RMT (just as example the former leader of RA), as well as WHOLE alliance of botters banned, and again they were part of these null sec coalition and well known as botters (last one is that jagged alliance). Those are facts. For the rest, again, is enough to google some keywords to find documents, data, chat logs that give a clear idea about this.

Can you name another example, preferably of the non-russian variety(Sorry russians, but you get the generic RMT tag now that china has cracked down on it)

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#208 - 2013-02-06 23:40:01 UTC
For the people who keep claiming that Botting is mostly in Nullsec, I'm just going to put this here, from Sreeg's presentation at Fanfest:

http://evenews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/01.jpg

More than 80% of bots are in Empire.

INB4 claim that "All HS Bots are Nullsec alts."

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#209 - 2013-02-06 23:41:22 UTC
Andski wrote:
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
No you can't read. Try again. As for anti-sociable... they are plenty sociable. NPC corp chat is booming everyday. They just don't like socializing with you, and that is not the same thing as being "anti-sociable". It just means that they don't like you and/or your establishment.

i've been in NPC corp chats on alts and you can go for hours before someone actually pipes up

and in the newbie corps, it's generally "how do I fit a drake for pve" - the epitome of socialization in eve online, clearly

It depends on the corp. The one my alt is in is chatty all the time. Its got a 1000 people in it so I suppose it has to be.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Xinivrae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#210 - 2013-02-06 23:41:47 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Oh Ruby, it's much too late for that.
Tallian Saotome
#211 - 2013-02-06 23:41:51 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
For the people who keep claiming that Botting is mostly in Nullsec, I'm just going to put this here, from Sreeg's presentation at Fanfest:

INB4 'Sreegs is a Goon!'

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#212 - 2013-02-06 23:46:01 UTC
Anndy wrote:

not sure what you call equal numbers but that was mainly just PL, Raiden and NC., hardly compares to goons numbers

Riddle me this. How does one have a war with the Russian block coalition yet fight no Russians...

Ill give you a hint, you are missing a few key groups here.
Anndy
The Evocati
#213 - 2013-02-06 23:50:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anndy wrote:

Riddle me this. How does one have a war with the Russian block coalition yet fight no Russians...

Ill give you a hint, you are missing a few key groups here.

oh i have no doubt im missing some but doesn't change my point

anyway im out, i've talked to a brick wall long enough for today
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#214 - 2013-02-06 23:53:15 UTC
Anndy wrote:

oh i have no doubt im missing some but doesn't change my point

It kinda does when those forgotten peoples had the bulk of the capital ships and at least 50% of the subcaps.
Max Doobie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#215 - 2013-02-07 00:04:33 UTC
Hedion's oracle wrote:
Ok kids .......pay attention, ill put this simply as possible.........ask yourselfs who would have the assets to supply & build the vast amount of supercaps, factionships and everything else on RMT sites, should be easy enough to figure out. Cool

You have a point...

Makes you wonder...either CCP just doesn't give a damn or they have no clue, because it seems players put their heads together in this thread and came up with some very credible theories that should be investigated.
Max Doobie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#216 - 2013-02-07 00:07:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Doobie
RubyPorto wrote:

My question isn't whether or not bots exist or where. My question is, how can a few mining bots or missioning bots supply enough isk and capital to be able to sell isk, caps, super caps and whatnot on these RMT websites?

It would seem to be that Nullsec would have to play some role as the super coalitions are the only ones I see with operations efficient enough to churn out such a vast amount of isk to sell.

They certainly aren't spending the isk on wars...so then wtf are they spending all the isk on?
Freyja Asynjur
Folkvangr
#217 - 2013-02-07 00:18:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Freyja Asynjur
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Whatayoke wrote:
1. Find out how much marauders/any good L4 ships do an hour.
2. a is the amount from 1. a * 23 = b, profit per day
3. b * 30 = c, profit per month
4. lets say an RMTer runs 40 copies of eve in highsec: c * 40, profit from 40 copies per month
5. question solved?

You make way more in good areas of null... so no. Not at all. Nice try though.

Just wander through Caldari mission hubs: bots everywhere running 23h30/24. In some systems they are the vast majority of the local population.

-

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#218 - 2013-02-07 00:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Max Doobie wrote:

They certainly aren't spending the isk on wars...so then wtf are they spending all the isk on?

Tower upkeep, sov upkeep, ship reimbursement, capital assets, jump drive fuel, logistics costs, subsidised skillbooks, PoCo operations, Warchest for when there is a war.

Theres more but you should be getting the idea.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#219 - 2013-02-07 00:25:37 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Max Doobie wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

My question isn't whether or not bots exist or where. My question is, how can a few mining bots or missioning bots supply enough isk and capital to be able to sell isk, caps, super caps and whatnot on these RMT websites?

It would seem to be that Nullsec would have to play some role as the super coalitions are the only ones I see with operations efficient enough to churn out such a vast amount of isk to sell.

A few? 80% of the bot population is not a few.

An ME3 Aeon has about 1b worth of High End minerals in it, out of a build cost of 18.5b, and since Nullsec is actually less efficient than HS at gathering low end materials (due to the fixed ore proportions provided by hidden belts), there'd be no reason to put your bots in Null if your goal were to build Supers.

A HS Mission bot operation is infinitely extensible (limited only by computing power) and cannot easily be disrupted by players. A -1.0 nullsec system can't support more than ~7-8 Ratting characters at a time, regardless of computing power and a botting operation based there can easily be disrupted by players.

Assume 100m/hr/bot in Null, and 50m/hr/bot in High. The HS botter simply doubles his botting population, his 16 bots (required to match the Nullsec botter's 8) blending in with the hundreds of mission runners in Umokka and makes the same income with no significant chance of being interrupted and a low chance of being reported (are you going to watch several hundred characters to see if someone looks like a bot?).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Anndy
The Evocati
#220 - 2013-02-07 00:33:04 UTC
Max Doobie wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

i was supposed to be done with this but oh well i'll bite

its not really a "few" i'd assume the big RMT players have a pretty big network of bots and its possible they hire people to help manage them but you can also use other sources on top the the botting such as moons and simply skimming corp/alliance isk and assets

an old friend of mine started using mining bots to add to his income shortly after he started playing, after awhile he decided he wanted more isk so he setup a few more bots then he told a few friends how well he was doing which lead some of them to get bots of their own then they started combining the resources from their bots to work on building ships, eventually they got a few ratting/mission bots going then they got into moon mining and before they knew what happened they were rolling in isk and had nothing left to spend it on so they sold some which made them slowly focus on wanting more and more to sell

this eventually lead to quite a few bans but my point is it can start small and grow into something big and the end result could be something never intended, or on the other hand some could just start out big with RMT in mind such as already established farmers from other games