These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I've finished tutorials,,,,,now what?

Author
Arion Ruairc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-02-06 20:07:07 UTC
It appears as if all my trainers are done training me. Forgive my stupidity but now what? Is there another place to go for guided missions or do I just take off into the wild blue wonder? Thanks.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-02-06 20:15:30 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:
It appears as if all my trainers are done training me. Forgive my stupidity but now what? Is there another place to go for guided missions or do I just take off into the wild blue wonder? Thanks.

Off into the wild blue wonder it is.

After the 5 career agents (tutorials) you are set free and can go do what you want to do.

The unofficial continuation of the tutorials is moving to Arnon and start the Sisters of EVE Epic Arc. This will be a 50 mission long story that let you travel all 4 races in EVE and also lets you get familiar with EVE and the interface.

But other than that...Go and be free and do what you want to do so you can have fun.

And most of all, don't be afraid to ask questions (but please, do a search for each of them first - both Google and this forum - as it's likely asked already)

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-06 20:19:59 UTC
Many new people like to go to do the Sisters of Eve noob epic arc. It pays relatively well, shows you around the high sec and gives some info on the background fluff. The starting place is in Arnon on the sisters of eve station. You'll do quite a bit travelling so don't pack everything you own with you.

However you're free to do whatever you like. Pick something you liked doing in the tutorials and go do that or go check this picture for ideas.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

Arion Ruairc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-02-06 20:35:28 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

After the 5 career agents (tutorials) you are set free and can go do what you want to do.

The unofficial continuation of the tutorials is moving to Arnon and start the Sisters of EVE Epic Arc. This will be a 50 mission long story that let you travel all 4 races in EVE and also lets you get familiar with EVE and the interface.

But other than that...Go and be free and do what you want to do so you can have fun.

And most of all, don't be afraid to ask questions (but please, do a search for each of them first - both Google and this forum - as it's likely asked already)

Thank you. Would you mind telling me how to actually find Arnon and start the Epic Arc? :D Thanks. Will I have a home base that I move all my ships to or just keep them at the training center?
Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#5 - 2013-02-06 20:37:19 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:

Now you have to find your own way.
That is all the guidance that EVE provides.

From now on you have to rely on others (player corporations) or your own imagination for guidance.

Be advised, some players are nicer than others.
In fact, some players are quite mean.

Paranoia is a good survival tool.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#6 - 2013-02-06 20:46:04 UTC
Bud Austrene wrote:

Be advised, some players are nicer than others.
In fact, some players are quite mean.

Paranoia is a good survival tool.

This. Here in the new citizens section of the forums people are in general nice and will give constructive and good advice, ingame..well it can be a bit hitt and miss.
If you are wondering about something and ask in local/corp/whatever it can be a good idea to check the information just to make sure their actually telling the truth.

Many new players (and quite a few older ones) has as an example ended up falling for a very classic scam when attempting to join a 0.0 alliance. A few minutes of research could have saved them from loosing quite a bit of ISK and not to mention time.
The same can ofc happen with other things like.. bad fitting advice or just in general bad information. In some cases it is simply that the person is misinformed but in many it will be that people are just looking to "mess with the noob" for fun.

So, as Bud said, be paranoid. Trust means a lot in EVE, but thats because you really cant tryst anyone Smile
Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#7 - 2013-02-06 20:47:05 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:
Will I have a home base that I move all my ships to or just keep them at the training center?

You are now homeless, and will not have a home until a corporation invites you to their system and stuff or you make your own home.

I would suggest making a temporary home close to one trading hubs until you better understand the game.
The trading hubs are in Rens, Amarr, Dodixie, Hek and Jita.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#8 - 2013-02-06 21:00:28 UTC
While doing the epic arc leave nothing in a station along the way, those 50 missions send you all over the place....

The Drake is a Lie

J'Poll
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-02-06 21:13:20 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Arion Ruairc wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

Thank you. Would you mind telling me how to actually find Arnon and start the Epic Arc? :D Thanks. Will I have a home base that I move all my ships to or just keep them at the training center?

1.) Home...It's where you want it to be. You can live out a single station and move all your stuff there, you can be a nomad and live all over the place and have assets scattered all over the galaxy. It's your choice (you see that, EVE is all about choices and most of them are yours to make).

2.) How to find Arnon.

Open your People & Places screen (Icon looks like a group with a magnifying glass or hotkey: Alt-E).

Now you will see a search box at the top. Type in Arnon.

The search result will list anything that has Arnon in it's name.

Find the solar system tab and right click Arnon and select Set Destination.

Now when you undock you should see a route on the left hand of your screen and 1 gate in the system should be yellow. Follow the yellow bricked road...uhm gates to Arnon.

In Arnon, dock at the Sisters of EVE station and there should be an agent for the Epic Arc (don't know which station the right one is, believe there are 2 SoE stations in Arnon).

To start the Epic Arc, just talk to the Agent like you did with the 5 career agents.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Arion Ruairc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-02-06 21:16:21 UTC
Awesome, you guys are helpful and from what I'm reading that will end real quick. Pirate
J'Poll
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-02-06 21:19:58 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:
Awesome, you guys are helpful and from what I'm reading that will end real quick. Pirate

Meet me in game and I will likely be a lot less nice to you. But here on the forums we tend to be nice towards new players (or are forced to be nice by the moderators, depending on how you see it).

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#12 - 2013-02-06 21:22:23 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

Meet me in game and I will likely be a lot less nice to you. But here on the forums we tend to be nice towards new players (or are forced to be nice by the moderators, depending on how you see it).

Awww, J'Poll's a big ol' cuddly carebear. ;p

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

J'Poll
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-02-06 21:26:12 UTC
Cameron Zero wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

Meh...Tell that to my B-Rep Alt Cool

But have to play nice for now, still being watched by CCP I think...

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#14 - 2013-02-06 21:29:37 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Cameron Zero wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

I'd be happy to. Just point me to the right one. :p

OP: Seriously, player corporations make/break the game for most people. Finding a good one, with people who do what you want to do, is really the best way to really enjoy this game. Going it alone, for me, wasn't very fun, at all.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

J'Poll
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-02-06 21:35:11 UTC
Cameron Zero wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Cameron Zero wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Arion Ruairc wrote:

I'd be happy to. Just point me to the right one. :p

OP: Seriously, player corporations make/break the game for most people. Finding a good one, with people who do what you want to do, is really the best way to really enjoy this game. Going it alone, for me, wasn't very fun, at all.

1 hint: Look when my ban started (16 days ago) and then find which B-REP guy started posting in NCQA...Can't be that hard.

Arion Ruairc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-02-08 16:32:09 UTC
I have found a station that has 1 person with some very low level security missions. It actually pays less than the training missions. It's kind of odd. The trainers should have another tutorial that kind of shows you where to go from there.

Am I right in assuming all the "civilian" equipment will be useless out in the real galaxy?
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-02-08 16:44:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniel Plain
Arion Ruairc wrote:
I have found a station that has 1 person with some very low level security missions. It actually pays less than the training missions. It's kind of odd. The trainers should have another tutorial that kind of shows you where to go from there.

Am I right in assuming all the "civilian" equipment will be useless out in the real galaxy?

yes, civilian equipment is generally useless. reprocess or trash it. (you can get it back any time by making another character or just running the tutorials in another newbie system.)

as for where to go, you can pick yourself. no one forces you to do missions. in fact, i would advise against running missions because it leads into the 'farm ISK to buy PLEX to farm more ISK' trap. you should just ask yourself what you want out of the game, set yourself some goals and then start researching how to achieve these goals.
also, like other people said, joining a corp is usually a good idea, this is a multiplayer game after all.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Mawderator
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#18 - 2013-02-08 16:46:59 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:

You've assumed correctly. Fitting your ship with T2 or meta modules is relatively inexpensive, and is much more useful than using any of the civilian modules.
Maire Gheren
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-02-08 17:22:52 UTC
Arion Ruairc wrote:
The trainers should have another tutorial that kind of shows you where to go from there.

They did. That was the entire and arguably sole point of those tutorials. "Try a bunch of different things! Okay now do something byebye!"
Only do missions for a mission agent if you enjoy mission running. They're dull. They make passable isk, but you need to specialize in social skill and do some mildly arcane stuff about standings to be really good at it, and that's fine, but it's just repeatable errands for station o\wners, it's not like they lead to anything in particular. It's just another job.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#20 - 2013-02-08 17:32:30 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

2.) How to find Arnon.

Open your People & Places screen (Icon looks like a group with a magnifying glass or hotkey: Alt-E).

Now you will see a search box at the top. Type in Arnon.

The search result will list anything that has Arnon in it's name.

Find the solar system tab and right click Arnon and select Set Destination.

Now when you undock you should see a route on the left hand of your screen and 1 gate in the system should be yellow. Follow the yellow bricked road...uhm gates to Arnon.

In Arnon, dock at the Sisters of EVE station and there should be an agent for the Epic Arc (don't know which station the right one is, believe there are 2 SoE stations in Arnon).

To start the Epic Arc, just talk to the Agent like you did with the 5 career agents.

Going to the People & Places screen is the long way to find Arnon....

The shortcut.... in any text box (local chat, corp chat, whatever), type Arnon (or the first few letters at least).... Highlight it, right click, select link to solar system..... Then right click on the linked name and select "set destination", and follow the yellow brick road...

You can link characters, stations, star systems, and items using this method... and once linked, there are a lot of options (view info, set destination, start conversation, give money, view market details, etc, etc, etc)

12Next page