These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Modify order the drop 1isk game, brokers fee does not discourage this no real time delay ?

Author
Scaramanga Erquilenne
#21 - 2013-02-01 15:31:09 UTC
Thanks for all the feedback and advice , learning to build stuff and find things that sell was one thing , Now i need to learn how to actually sell it in the game . Its another game within its self a bit frustrating at times but interesting and a challenge
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist 
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-02-01 16:45:40 UTC
Scaramanga Erquilenne wrote:
Okay so i made some items and put them for sale on the market ,I then entered in to the drop ISK game and it been this way for days now and sold nothing . Value of the item is 3mil isk each and each time i modify the order to be competitive i just get charged between a hundred to two hundred thousand isk. And a moment later some one else does the same thing and on and on .

So say you go out go to work come home relax and decide to play some EVE , you look at your orders and discover your orders and market items were undercut within 1 hour of you changing your order. So the person that has more time to play eve is the one who going to sell his stuff and the person who has to leave the game for 10 hours is going to sell nothing .

My point is the game does little if nothing to discourage this and brokers fees are ridiculously low to modify a order.I understand location has allot to do with it as well and haveing spread my items out in the game.Just seems like its a waste of time trying to do anything on the market if you have to leave the game and got to work etc and cant access eve.Maybe they should have put that in the tutorial would have saved me lots of isk and time.

Like most things in EVE it punishes casual players ,they should at least increase the fee to modify a order are make a larger time delay to modify a order. Because as far as i can see the only people who win here are the people that have access to EVE while at work are unemployed are they make a living from the plex of us casual players.

Unless you believe the prices will continue to fall forever, they eventually have to rebound.

If they are not rebounding, then you purchased high and not low. Read the market history.

Items tend to be moving up or down because their prices are cyclic. Just wait for the next cycle.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-02-01 16:50:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakach
Ember Saint wrote:
The biggest problem with the .01 isking is the fact the broker's fee for the change usually a meagre 100 ISK, because its based on the change and not the sell price. If it was based on the sell price, I'd suspect there wouldn't be that much .01-isking every 5 minutes.

I never knew this , so the more you drop your price the higher the brokers fee is ? so it even pays just to play the 1 ISK drop ?

I have enjoyed learning a bit about contracts and the markets its a game within its self.I just think it would be so much better if changing a order was more of a risk and commitment rather than a low cost one minute task you can change at any time .A greater fee and time delay are a limited number of order modifications each day based on skill level would give it a bit more meaning rather than its current state.

Just started looking at the contracts for courier services now that seems like a interesting murky world of risk and reward and pvp

The price to change your order is (brokers fee rate)*(delta of price), but with a minimum of 100isk brokers fee.

If you drop the price, the change is a negative amount, but the minimum charge is 100isk, so dropping your prices will always cost 100 isk.

You need to be careful with this.

If I place a sell order for 1m, then the price suddenly drops to 500k and I try to lower, I already fronted the cost of the brokers fee against 1m, but now I'm only selling for 500k.

Lowering this price will only cost 100isk

But say I raise my price back up to 1m before my order sells, now I am paying a brokers fee on the 500k increase. Now I have effectively paid a brokers fee against 1.5m. I pay against the original 1m and then paid a second time to increase from 500k to 1m.

This rarely happens, but can happen.
Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-02-01 21:47:33 UTC
If people keep dropping the prices... buy it up and sell it at your price...
CC Avalos
METACORTEX LLC
#25 - 2013-02-02 05:56:25 UTC
I've found a few ways to make x10 x20 profit off certain items. You will need to do research in order to become a successful trader. I wish I had more time myself to really do it right but I think there is a whole world of profit making potential if you know what your looking for. One of the above posts basically tells you one of the most profitable secrets in trading.

Check out my YouTube Channel for Eve Online Videos YouTube

Jhousetlin Zamayid
#26 - 2013-02-02 15:57:31 UTC
is putting things on the market really considered "pvp"? is that what passes for pvp in eve?
Soft Insanity
The Night Watchmen
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2013-02-02 16:15:03 UTC
Jhousetlin Zamayid wrote:
is putting things on the market really considered "pvp"? is that what passes for pvp in eve?

Hello here as well. And yes, going to a market like a null sec marketplace and buying and selling items used for fleets is a... I wouldn't call it pvp but it kinda is.

Group A uses this ship, you know that and so you buy all those ships on the market and raise the price a bit knowing they need to buy them to field fleets. You hold their desire to fight hostage for your money. This is dangerous though as alliances will try to run you out of the market by bringing in more goods.

You can make good money and you CAN disrupt fights with this method. So yes, it can be a form of PvP.

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#28 - 2013-02-03 01:20:50 UTC
Market pvp is hard? You may want to start reading about the real markets before asking for...what? A mechanic that makes it impossible for other players to compete with you?

I did giggle a little that you came home to relax by playing a game where there are actual stock brokers, bankers and robber barons with a play money market. You really thought you could win by some game mechanic? Roll
Virgin Slayer
Elder Race of Man
#29 - 2013-02-04 09:35:49 UTC

Quote:

My frustration is with the game mechanic i fully understand that the item you produce and the location you sell it are of importance. But none of that matters if your not at your keyboard modifying your order every 5 minutes ,I don't see how people cant see that .The game basically boils down to how often you can check you market orders and how often you can alter the order , nothing else no skill just who plays the game the most

For a game that requires some knowledge and intellect to play it Just undermines the whole idea of the market in my view As i said if you have a job outside of EVE and no access to EVE its very hard to sell stuff as some one undercuts that straight away , As others have said people do this all day for fun so your casual player is going to struggle to sell any thing.Should be a time delay and a restriction on the number of market order modifications a player can make each day.

And i dont want to be a trader i just wanted to build some stuff and sell it so i can afford a ship to PVP in, then i discover you need to be altering your order every other minute in order just to sell it

I do a lot of manufacturing and I NEVER sell in the hubs. That being said, I also am not expecting to sell everything in a very short amount of time. Just like a RL store, you purchase/manufacture inventory, offer it for sale at the lowest possible price that still gives you a decent profit.
If you mine your own materials, get those refining skills maxed out along with all the skills to lower those pesky taxes and fees. If you can't afford to let things sit for a time before they sell then you might ought to move on to something else or relocate to an area where your products are in higher demand and not so readily available.

I wish you the best of luck!

AMERICAN ΞνΞ PLAYER Caldari State  -  Give me missiles or give me death!

Counselor ForHire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-02-05 03:53:37 UTC
Thanks for all the feedback and advice , learning to build stuff and find things that sell was one thing , Now i need to learn how to actually sell it in the game . Its another game within its self a bit frustrating at times but interesting and a challenge

...THIS attitude is exactly what makes EvE better. A player who is able to adapt and overcome something by LEARNING! A little advice, constructive criticism and experimenting in a game...that turns out to make the game better for the player but also the rest of us too. Well done and good luck!
Don't fly what you can't afford to lose ALSO includes drones!!!
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#31 - 2013-02-05 23:58:27 UTC
addelee wrote:
And don't sell everything in popular places.
Look where PvP is actually going on and Agent running and it'll open markets. Most people will buy in their system rather than at a trade hub if the prices aren't hugely inflated.

This is very true. Also take into account the different security statusses in the game. I have made good ISK by sneaking a Blueprint into NPC nullsec, ratting + producing stuff on the spot, and selling for a huge markup compared to hisec. I found it to be a lot more fun then keeping tabs on orders in stations visited by thousands of players daily. There are more ways to play the market then these 0.1 ISK games, they remind me to much of actual work.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#32 - 2013-02-06 01:21:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
The only way to win the 0.01 ISK game is to not play.

Why does that sound familiar...

If 0.01 ISK games are a problem, then you are trading the wrong item(s) in the wrong market(s).
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#33 - 2013-02-06 01:52:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
I do some trading, I look for items that drop as loot, that either recycle for more than their value or can be sold to a buy order at the nearest hub for considerably more than I paid for them.

I also keep an eye on what other players are doing, the guys running around highsec suicide ganking miners are an example, they and their targets create a high demand for certain items, follow them around and fulfil that demand.

Where there's violence, there's profit.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Previous page12