These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Command ships

Author
ginmushi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-02-03 17:44:49 UTC
every know about claymore and etc
But if create new ships command types, with anti-bonuses Big smile
let see 1 large mael fleet ~200 ships engage close ship types, when that command use his bonuses.(visual effect as dictor bubbles)
hostile fleet received penalty(shield\armor resists, scan resolution and something else)
i don't know may be that idea something else give to ccp =)
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#2 - 2013-02-03 18:01:58 UTC
ginmushi wrote:
every know about claymore and etc
But if create new ships command types, with anti-bonuses Big smile
let see 1 large mael fleet ~200 ships engage close ship types, when that command use his bonuses.(visual effect as dictor bubbles)
hostile fleet received penalty(shield\armor resists, scan resolution and something else)
i don't know may be that idea something else give to ccp =)

A 'debuff' ship using a form of mass-ewar...

If nothing else, the rest of this conversation is going to be intersting.
Romvex
TURN LEFT
#3 - 2013-02-03 20:22:24 UTC
Well that ship would need a mean tank because that thing would be primed faster than a Kardashian marriage.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#4 - 2013-02-04 06:05:02 UTC
Romvex wrote:
Well that ship would need a mean tank because that thing would be primed faster than a Kardashian marriage.

I lolled

@ OP.

In truth, I think this idea is terrible, because it would be abused / spammed into the next afterlife. I can already see hundreds of these sub caps on gates and anti-super fleets... Player rage would shift from the Super cap blob, to the debuff blob.

The concept is interesting though.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#5 - 2013-02-04 06:10:37 UTC
Romvex wrote:

Well that escalated quickly. :P

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#6 - 2013-02-04 06:45:58 UTC
Why not just make all of the available WH Sun Rays available in HIC Bubble form? Effecting both Friendlies and Enemies within Range
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#7 - 2013-02-04 09:38:48 UTC
Caldari 5 wrote:
Why not just make all of the available WH Sun Rays available in HIC Bubble form? Effecting both Friendlies and Enemies within Range

This. I like this.
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#8 - 2013-02-04 14:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Griffin Omanid
Because command ships is a bit confusing, I call them terror ships.

Caldari 5 wrote:

Interesting idea of this Terror ship. But they should get some kind of stacking penalties. F.e. The Amarr CS will give a bonus to amour and skirmish warfare (+ info in T3´s). So the Terror ships should give a stronger debuff to the shield warfare with either counter Shield warfare bubble moduls or they emmit the Sun rays like Wolf-Rayet WH. But i agree these bubles should effect all ships in the bubble.
Important for balancing would be that thes ships shouldn´t give a stronger disadvantage then a maxed gang link booster can compensate. Not that you slow down with an anti skirmish Terror ship a frig gang so far that you can kill them with BS guns...
Callic Veratar
#9 - 2013-02-04 16:24:51 UTC
I definitely like the idea. A dictor-like debuff cruiser and a hictor-like debuff bc. It's important that the ship affects everything on grid, in the same way that the current bubbles do, though.

If it's based on the current ewar abilities, I don't think an ECM bubble would be reasonable as it would essentially stop combat in the field for it's duration, maybe after ECM has been changed. The WH effects could be awesome, potentially as consumable probes that can be recovered from new WH sites.
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#10 - 2013-02-05 03:42:12 UTC
Looking at the list of WH Effects (http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Wormhole_environment_effects) Things could definitely become interesting if there was a pocket of space with this on the field. The WH Class could be used for the Meta of the Probes/Modules?

Imagine 2 Terror Ships landing on the field with 2 fairly equally matched Sniper Fit opposing Forces, 1x Magnetar with -Targeting Range landing on the enemy Ships, and 1x Pulsar +Targetting Range Landing with Friendlies, suddenly 1 group can target the other, and the enemy can't target back, until they close the range, or get out of the bubble of effect.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#11 - 2013-02-05 03:52:26 UTC
^^ Would certainly make for some interesting to watch tournaments lol