These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Bounty system problem

Author
Steven Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-02-03 20:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Steven Koskanaiken
Xercodo wrote:
Landon Donaldson wrote:
I love how people think that Eve is the most hardcore thing out there and cite childish, worse than wow players, type of behaviour as being proof. I am well aware of the "harsh realities of eve" but placing random bounties to get a rise is puerile at best.
/sigh

That's what we're talking about. The thing is that we have just as many trolls as the rest of the internet but they have to tools to do pretty much whatever they want. Bounties are pretty low on the "screw with you" factor so if you're this worked up about it then we have reason to be a little concerned for your mental and emotional well being when someone goes to actually do something significant to you.

This thread itself might even be reason for you to get more harassment because someone that comes along and reads it later would be armed with the knowledge that they can get a rise out of you with something as simple as bounties.

They might even just start spamming you with large numbers of small bounties and/or tell everyone they know "hey, put a bounty on this guy because he hates it lol"

In the end it doesn't matter how stupid or childish something is when it happens to you, we can't change that nor do we care to. We've been on both sides of the window and it's the way things go around here.

This.

But, really Xer, judging by the tone and attitude of this player, don't even bother to help him.

Looks like he is blind to replies as so far ALL replies he got, he is responding with more rage and more whining about how childish EVE is or how stupid the random bounties are.

But OP, please continue to fuel my ships with more tears.
Really, a little bounty (anything less then couple hundred million + juicy ships) doesn't even bother you. Nobody can shoot you, so likely they just fly along and not even notice you have a bounty.
Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#22 - 2013-02-03 21:30:03 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
hey, put a bounty on this guy because he hates it lol.

Well... If you say so, Xercado, I'll do it when I log on tonight.Big smile

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Steven Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-02-03 21:31:42 UTC
Haedonism Bot wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
hey, put a bounty on this guy because he hates it lol.

Well... If you say so, Xercado, I'll do it when I log on tonight.Big smile

Too bad this guy isn't worth my ISK. Rather spent it on PvP ships to use.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-02-03 21:35:24 UTC
Maire Gheren wrote:
the bounty does almost nothing. I've tossed out a bounty or two in acute frustration. Rarely does anything come of it.

when It was first released, I had a bounty slap fight with some other people in the channel.

as such, ive had a 60mil bounty since day 1. its been quite meaningless.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Steven Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-02-03 22:42:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Steven Koskanaiken
In game notification wrote:
Bounty placed on you
Sent: 2013.02.03 18:23

Landon Donaldson placed 100,000 ISK in bounty on your head.

Me and the first couple of guys in Red Federation that kill me thank you for your bounty.
Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#26 - 2013-02-03 23:47:59 UTC
Steven Koskanaiken wrote:
In game notification wrote:
Bounty placed on you
Sent: 2013.02.03 18:23

Landon Donaldson placed 100,000 ISK in bounty on your head.

Me and the first couple of guys in Red Federation that kill me thank you for your bounty.

That is too funny.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#27 - 2013-02-04 10:29:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Show your support for an impoverished RvBer by putting a bounty on... another RvBer.

That´s the Eve spirit!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Kathern Aurilen
#28 - 2013-02-05 22:25:07 UTC
Landon Donaldson wrote:
I do not really see the need to write HTFU to be honest. You could have typed out your sentiments to "shrug it off" without the silly text speak and shown a little respect. (sorry if that sounds blunt)
To my eyes the reason these two people put a bounty on me was utterly pointless. "Cause they can" does not even make sense.
The mind boggles.
I'm afraid "cause they can" is right....

The first day in the chat channels after the bounty change, in one of the main rooms I hang out in, anyone that said anything in that chat room for the first 4 days didn't get less then a 500,000 bounty and the bounty givers were racing to see who could put a bounty on speakers the fastest.

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!

Forum alt, unskilled in the ways of pewpew!

Sin Pew
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-02-06 09:18:03 UTC
That's some cheerful thread, can't wait to be home to spread some more bounty love.

[i]"haiku are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator."[/i]

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#30 - 2013-02-08 20:22:07 UTC
Landon Donaldson wrote:

knowledge I am annoyed because I now have "Wanted" across my portrait.

Thats it.

You will have to deal with it

yes

so broke
Hidden Souls
#31 - 2013-03-03 20:36:43 UTC
how do i remove a bounty if i want to remove it
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-03-03 20:58:39 UTC
so broke wrote:

Get killed in a ship worth 5 times (or more) then the value of your bounty.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-03-03 23:11:34 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
so broke wrote:

^^ that. and if you meant remove a bounty that you yourself placed. You cant. Which one of our members found out to his annoyance after buying another dread pilot, the previous owner had placed TONS of bounties, so he keeps getting emails from Concord that there has been bounty payouts.

He wasn't pleased ^^
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-03-03 23:36:12 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Lady Naween wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
so broke wrote:

^^ that. and if you meant remove a bounty that you yourself placed. You cant. Which one of our members found out to his annoyance after buying another dread pilot, the previous owner had placed TONS of bounties, so he keeps getting emails from Concord that there has been bounty payouts.

He wasn't pleased ^^

Disable Notification blinks....problem solved.

If I open my notifications on my primairy alt....I think the unread part says (We are not counting this any more...read the ******* notifications please)

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#35 - 2013-03-04 10:37:03 UTC
Landon Donaldson wrote:
I love how people think that Eve is the most hardcore thing out there and cite childish, worse than wow players, type of behaviour as being proof. I am well aware of the "harsh realities of eve" but placing random bounties to get a rise is purile at best.
/sigh

Can I have your stuff?
By the way, complaining about bounties is the best way to get an even bigger bounty.
Zanshin Udomo
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-03-04 11:09:11 UTC
I'm a new player, too. Barely a week old. Got a bounty put on my head on my very 1st day in Eve by some guy who seemed to target random folks in the rookie help channel. Panicked. Got told that the bounty wouldn't change the normal engagement rules.

Laughed about it and continued having fun with this amazing game.

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#37 - 2013-03-05 07:07:51 UTC
Landon Donaldson wrote:
I do not really see the need to write HTFU to be honest. You could have typed out your sentiments to "shrug it off" without the silly text speak and shown a little respect. (sorry if that sounds blunt)
To my eyes the reason these two people put a bounty on me was utterly pointless. "Cause they can" does not even make sense.
The mind boggles.

HTFU is a core element of EVE Online veteran player's jargon.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#38 - 2013-03-05 11:59:38 UTC
LOL another guy going mental over a non-consensual cosmetic change. Big smile
Bret Crendraven
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-03-06 17:13:35 UTC
I got a bounty because someone with a 50mil ISK bounty tried to get me to join his Corp on my first day... Told him where to go and got a 100,000ISK bounty... i feel quite privileged that someone went out of their way to put a bounty on me...Makes me feel special :D
Previous page12