These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Totally unverified, unofficial pastebin of all ship changes

Author
Axearm Thunk'um
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-10-25 18:26:42 UTC
http://pastebin.com/TkY3rY6q

Plus there are the new command centers, the unannouced changes to Assault Frigates and Tier 3 Battlecruisers coming out (see below).

Any thoughts or idle speculation on the effect these and other changes will have on the economy of eve? Perhaps it's time for, say, a Market Discussion!

Oracle
Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 7.5% bonus to Large Energy Turret tracking speed and 7.5% bonus to Large Energy Turret optimal range per level.
95% reduction in the powergrid need of Large Energy Turrets 50% reduction in the CPU need of Large Energy Turrets 50% reduction in the capacitor need of Large Energy Turrets

Naga
Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Torpedo Velocity, 5% bonus to Torpedo explosion velocity, 10% bonus to Large Hybrid Turret optimal range and 7.5% bonus to Large Hybrid Turret tracking speed per level. 95% reduction in the powergrid need of Large Hybrid Turrets 50% reduction in the CPU need of Large Hybrid Turrets 50% reduction in the capacitor need of Large Energy Turrets 40% reduction in the powergrid need of Siege Missile Launchers 58% reduction in the CPU need of Siege Missile Launchers

Talos
Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage and 10% bonus to the velocity factor of stasis webifiers per level.
95% reduction in the powergrid need of Large Hybrid Turrets 50% reduction in the CPU need of Large Hybrid Turrets 50% reduction in the capacitor need of Large Energy Turrets

Tornado
Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to Large Projectile Turret Rate of Fire and 10% bonus to Large Projectile Turret falloff per level.
95% reduction in the powergrid need of Large Projectile Turrets 50% reduction in the CPU need of Large Projectile Turrets

So MD? Thoughts o
Herman Klaus
Touched By Klaus
#2 - 2011-10-25 18:45:16 UTC
Why in MD?
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#3 - 2011-10-25 18:59:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Tekota
Suppose in MD so people can see what ships and items have been buffed and hence start the speculation.

*If* true (and if I've read it right), no drones on all bar one of the new BCs look interesting.

EDIT:From the thread in general there appears to be tacit dev acknowledgement that this is ripped from a test build and therefore "accurate" in so far as SISI stuff will always be subject to (often a lot of) change.

Meanwhile, dump all the Dramiels you can I guess....

EDIT 2:Tempests ditched in favour of Tornados for suiciding?

EDIT 3:And if the Production Efficiency change sticks then dump minerals? Actually that could be a humongous MD affecting change if it sticks.

EDIT 4:Notice somebody took a punt on Oneiros prices going up as a result of this
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2011-10-25 19:36:03 UTC
Hmm, I see T2 probe Launchers, Tractors, Bomb Launchers, HIC Bubbles, drone modules, Remote Hull RR, Siege/Triage, Micro Aux Power Core, and Ganglinks. Also a "Data Subconverter I" that requires the Hacking skill and has the property "hackOrbital", whatever that means. I'm interested to see how much of this is real.
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#5 - 2011-10-25 19:48:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tekota
Expanding on edit 3 above, that posited change to Production Efficiency - from 4% per level to 5%. Now if I've understood this right, if the data is correct, and if it survives to hit Tranquility (that's three very big "if"s) then this would mean that everything in the universe is about to use 5% less minerals in it's construction (assuming the vast bulk of production is done at PE5 skill).

A lot of "if"s and some big assumptions but potentially a very big change.

Edit: Red herring - see last paragraph of post 12 below
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#6 - 2011-10-25 20:28:58 UTC
Tekota wrote:
Expanding on edit 3 above, that posited change to Production Efficiency - from 4% per level to 5%. Now if I've understood this right, if the data is correct, and if it survives to hit Tranquility (that's three very big "if"s) then this would mean that everything in the universe is about to use 5% less minerals in it's construction (assuming the vast bulk of production is done at PE5 skill).

Actually, it would mean that if you attempt to produce things using PE IV, that you'll be spending 1% more in waste over the current 4%. More incentive to train PE to V.

At least, that's how I interpret that change.
Tasko Pal
Spallated Garniferous Schist
#7 - 2011-10-26 02:22:38 UTC
In addition to the PE change, there's a mining boost in there too from T2 mining ganglinks. Should create the kind of profitable churn that CCP likes to see in minerals, ice, and PI, I think. Wonder what CCP would do with ship insurance or loot reprocessing?

The tier 3 bc, if they have similar price ratios as the tier 3 bs do, probably will become a big part of 0.0 blobs. Bs DPS for a fraction of the cost with fast lock times. Might see the end of almost all bs in large fleet engagements. Only real advantages bs have left is engagement range and tank.
Comdyego
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-10-26 03:00:17 UTC
Looks like they are renaming some Meta 1-4 items, for example "Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters" to "Cold-Gas Arcjet Thrusters", removing the association with T1 items. CCP have stated they want low sec to be the source of these items.
Adunh Slavy
#9 - 2011-10-26 03:00:25 UTC
Should give a bump to mineral prices.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#10 - 2011-10-26 04:01:38 UTC
If the data subverter isn't used to break into PI hangars I'll eat my hat. Or a hamburger. My choice.
Axearm Thunk'um
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-10-26 06:13:31 UTC
Comdyego wrote:
Looks like they are renaming some Meta 1-4 items, for example "Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters" to "Cold-Gas Arcjet Thrusters", removing the association with T1 items. CCP have stated they want low sec to be the source of these items.

Any chance you could site that last sentence? I hadn't heard that.
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#12 - 2011-10-26 06:58:20 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Should give a bump to mineral prices.

Definitely in the short term without a doubt. A *lot* of new BCs are going to be rolling off the lines in the early days and at poor research levels to boot. I remember being somewhat suprised by the amount of Noctis' produced last year and the effect that had on mineral prices - if I recall right something like a quarter of Jita's nocxium turnover was being eaten purely by Noctis production at one point. I strongly suspect the new BCs will be considerably more popular. We haven't seen build requirements yet, but if mineral composition is skewed to be heavy in a given mineral then we could see a very strong effect.

Longer term I would guess the reverse is true - I see too many scenarios where peeweepee fleets who would currently take battleships will in future would take cheaper, faster, less mineral hungry tier 3 battlecruisers. Dunno, realms of guesswork admittedly, could equally counter that if current drake fleets are replaced with tornado fleets then we'll see a net increase in mineral consumption.

T2 mindlinks look to increase mining yields only slightly from the (unchecked) maths I see around.

I now think the Production Efficiency thing is a red herring - it's merely a display change rather than an underlying change - the base multiplyer at present is 1.25 - this is modified by 4% per level of PE skill, 4% of 1.25 is 0.05 so whilst it's currently (and correctly) described as a 4% improvement per level, from a clarity perspective 5% is simpler to understand and equally correct.
Alain Kinsella
#13 - 2011-10-26 08:42:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alain Kinsella
Dramiel is only slightly nerfed, looks like you will not be able to dual-prop it (about time really). Just brought in-line with the other Intercepters, and still makes it better than a standard frigate. I don't expect it to drop dramatically in popularity, though it should no longer eclipse the other Pirate Frigates.

'Dessies getting balanced too. Thrasher will continue to win here unless Hybrids are buffed as well (they did, I think), and the Amarr dessie needs a 2nd mid more than their AF does (maybe more cap too, if they are removing ROF penalty).

I like what I see with T2 ammo, also the idea of a T2 tractor beam (though that could make the Noctis even more insane).

Also, did you see the requirements for those T2 Warfare/Mining links? Not expecting any serious changeover to those modules for at least a month after release, more likely two. Don't know the build requirements yet either.

"The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever."

Currently Retired / Semi-Casual (pending changes to RL concerns).