These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bounties and Bounty hunting needs to be fixed badly.

Author
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-10-25 16:25:00 UTC
This is a mechanic in eve that is currently pretty pointless as anyone can get an alt and claim his own bounty.

The only reason some people have bounties is for the 'statis" of a pirate with a bounty.

We need a bounty system that:

(1) where you chose a registered bounty hunter to exact your vengeance and only he/she can collect the bounty.

(2) set the kill requirements for the bounty collection, IE you have to kill 100,000,000 isk to collect the 100,000,000 isk bounty.

(3) could employ a corp or alliance with the same criteria... IE so much isk in damage against another corp/alliance

( receive 1 isk for each 1 isk destroyed, example. a formal merc. contract.)

These are just some rough starting ideas, but i would like to know what you guys think about them. I believe this would make eve much more dynamic.

All credit for these ideas go to Sigras.

"Your Erebus is docked? How did that happen?" "It took a lot of grease and pushing........"

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#2 - 2011-10-25 17:11:51 UTC
Isk destroyed is a bit arbitary. but the idea for the solution was similar where a ship kill yielded the bounty partially based on ships value. It was set to the point that a ship kill would never pay out bounty more than the ship.

However the opposing camp stated that this wouldnt be incintising enough to warrent the change.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Seithen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-25 17:39:22 UTC
I would rather bounties be fixed well than fixed badly.
el alasar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-10-25 22:52:22 UTC  |  Edited by: el alasar
agreed, the current system is flawed.
a) bounties can be collected by yourself
b) if you just lost ship/pod yourself you are not motivated to pay even more isk for a bounty

currently the pvp profession of head hunting is not very common as it offers basically no reward. in line with my ideas to blend pvp with pve and make eve a more dynamic sandbox i propose the following:

1. factions/npc corps that you have very low standing with (say below -8) do offer bounties for your head, making it a pvp profession. NPC pay you for doing succesful pvp. they pay part of what gets destroyed (so it cannot be exploited, still more isk lost overall than payed). pvp players can focus on pvp to finance pvp instead of grinding pve.

a bit off topic (but relates to head hunting so i put it here):

2. podding someone affects your own standings based on whom you kill / the standings the victim had (relations are to some degree transitive, no?). e.g. killing someone having -8 with serpentis will give you a bonus to your own serpentis standings.

now you would need a way to find out who are 1. profitable and / or 2. desired pvp targets (to change standings the way you want to). now that public standings were removed, i propose to add standing queries on characters against some form of charge, e.g. :
- npc corp standings (ask a favor of them, it decreases your own standing with some npc corp that gets the intel for you) to get standing of that faction. e.g. you pay with your own caldari navy standing to get intel on someone else's caldari standing
- npc faction standing to get intel on all factions

3. your npc standings (very low (<=-8) and very high(>=+8)) should decay over time to some average low (-5) or average high value(+5). only active players should get all bonuses associated with high standings. would also fix the problem that is gets insanely hard to bring up standings with some factions you were at -9.5 with 2 years ago.

check the moderated 10000 papercuts evelopedia page! http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Little_things_and_ideas_-_low_hanging_fruit_-_10000_papercuts comment, bump(!) and like what you like