These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Anyone wanna talk snakes?

First post
Author
Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-02-01 07:37:06 UTC
Pretty bored and serous reptile buff
Loco Kamikaze
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-02-01 08:25:54 UTC
wouldn't snakes get altitude sickness

that I should worry about losing my hearing is nonsense, because there will always be -=BASS=-

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-01 09:15:31 UTC
Not quite awake and caffeine withdrawal (I am detoxing, this is my fourth day without coffe now).

Buuut...I find spiders nasty because they have eight legs.
Then, I find snakes nasty because they have no legs.
Wouldn't it be great if spiders and snakes could share legs? Then both would have 4 legs each, and by definition this would turn them into cute kittens.
Think about it...just take a minute and think about it...the possibilities...

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-02-01 09:18:57 UTC
sometimes I put fake wiggly feet on my snakes and watch them wander...
Loco Kamikaze
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-02-01 11:01:31 UTC
answer my question

altitude sickness. would snakes act like normal snakes if they were on a plane

that I should worry about losing my hearing is nonsense, because there will always be -=BASS=-

Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#6 - 2013-02-01 12:29:12 UTC
I think you would have to worry about badgers..
CCP Nadir
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2013-02-01 13:09:59 UTC
On a plane or on land ?
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#8 - 2013-02-01 13:16:01 UTC
CCP Nadir wrote:
On a plane or on land ?

By the look on his face i'd say mushrooms are involved Big smile
Horatio Gauss
Terrific Wormhole Adventure Time
#9 - 2013-02-01 13:24:59 UTC
I had a pair of western green lizards and a few wall lizards.
Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-02-01 13:40:32 UTC
I dont think snakes would get altitude sickness only because most planes are pretty much micro ecosystems and, I have several boas, kinds, a blood and a few balls hehe. and gecko's XP
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#11 - 2013-02-01 14:01:45 UTC
How big are your balls?

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Qaidan Alenko
Eezo-Lution Inc.
#12 - 2013-02-01 17:46:23 UTC
15 lbs and Blue, I have two of em... We are talking about Bowling Balls right?
Go ahead... Get your Wham on!!!
Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-02-01 18:16:20 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
How big are your balls?

They are a good couple pounds each :D sometimes they get a little testy
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#14 - 2013-02-01 18:21:55 UTC
Helgrind Wolf wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
How big are your balls?

Cool. Never even knew those existed until you mentioned them. Had to do a google search to make sure you weren't just pulling our legs and then read about them a little. I did read that you have to be a bit gentle with them or else they'll bunch up on you.

Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-02-01 18:24:46 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Helgrind Wolf wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
How big are your balls?

Cool. Never even knew those existed until you mentioned them. Had to do a google search to make sure you weren't just pulling our legs and then read about them a little. I did read that you have to be a bit gentle with them or else they'll bunch up on you.

lmao oh man, yeah the old term for them was Royal pythons. but yeah haha had a friend that would "bowl" them across the floor. it was terrible but hillarious.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#16 - 2013-02-01 19:28:20 UTC
I hear turtles are also popular.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-02-01 19:35:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
I have a corn snake, which are great pets as far as reptiles go. Active, smart, and pretty tame. The only problem with those guys is taking them out of the tank for a little recreation and exercise. They're constantly in motion, and they're damn quick. Take your eye off of them for a second and they're gone. They you have to spend the rest of the evening playing snake hunt.

I'd like to have a monitor lizard someday. They move more like a smooth, agile snake than a jerky, clumsy lizard. It's pretty dramatic when they go into predator mode and seize the prey. I've heard their tanks get really smelly though. Anybody have experience with monitors?
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#18 - 2013-02-01 19:44:23 UTC
Never really went into the realm of reptile ownership myself. The closest that I have currently are wild Bull snakes that I occasionally find in the garage. I'll catch them and move them somewhere where I think a mouse would hide.

Had a buddy who owned a iguana for a while which was pretty cool. He said it was pretty tame for while but due to lack of handling it had gotten a bit more aggressive over time. Probably explains why I jumped like a girl one day because it lunged at me from the bath tub as I was trying to feed it a strawberry.

Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-02-02 06:07:39 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
I have a corn snake, which are great pets as far as reptiles go. Active, smart, and pretty tame. The only problem with those guys is taking them out of the tank for a little recreation and exercise. They're constantly in motion, and they're damn quick. Take your eye off of them for a second and they're gone. They you have to spend the rest of the evening playing snake hunt.

I'd like to have a monitor lizard someday. They move more like a smooth, agile snake than a jerky, clumsy lizard. It's pretty dramatic when they go into predator mode and seize the prey. I've heard their tanks get really smelly though. Anybody have experience with monitors?

I mostly have experience with snakes, huge and small, my biggest guy is 45lbs. Moniters are cool but they will need their own room eventualy, so be prepared to have a "house pet" in the future if you get one. I have a little experience with alligators but they are pretty different.
Helgrind Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-02-02 06:08:20 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Never really went into the realm of reptile ownership myself. The closest that I have currently are wild Bull snakes that I occasionally find in the garage. I'll catch them and move them somewhere where I think a mouse would hide.

Had a buddy who owned a iguana for a while which was pretty cool. He said it was pretty tame for while but due to lack of handling it had gotten a bit more aggressive over time. Probably explains why I jumped like a girl one day because it lunged at me from the bath tub as I was trying to feed it a strawberry.

I want a sulcata tortoise and to name it lurch!
12Next page