These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Suggestion from a noob

Author
Alicexo Achasse
Southern Cross Empires
Potentially Dangerous
#1 - 2013-02-01 08:00:43 UTC
So i haven't been playing very long but one thing has hurt my wallet more times than I'd like to recount.

Is it possible that the dev team could implement an options that is on by default for new players and available for older players that upon warping out of an area, if your drones are still up, a warning box pops up saying "Are you sure you want to warp out, your drones are still in the environment." Something along those lines would be super helpful for a forgetful person like myself.

As a new player, losing a few T2 drones really hurts my wallet when im trying to make a profit doing missions.

Maybe if the option isn't possible, at least just a warning if you enable the precaution that at least lets you know, "Hey! You're forgetting your drones!" Like that you can cancel the warp and recall them before leaving.

Thanks!

Kindly,

Alicexo
Byffe Lofassz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-02-01 08:09:30 UTC
This sounds like a lovely idea, and also having the option to turn it off and on again for those who would think its annoying.
Dewa Cinta
Horrible Mining Corp
#3 - 2013-02-01 08:10:28 UTC
sticky note on monitor "get drones"

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-02-01 08:26:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
I do agree and it can be a "ah damn I forgot my drones" moment, but I also do not believe forgetfulness/Laziness should be rewarded.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Josef Djugashvilis
#5 - 2013-02-01 08:34:51 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I do agree and it can be a "ah damn I forgot my drones" moment, but I also do not believe forgetfulness/Laziness should be rewarded.

Forgetting yes, but actually too lazy because of all the effort involved...nope, just can't see it.

This is not a signature.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-02-01 08:38:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Forgetting yes, but actually too lazy because of all the effort involved...nope, just can't see it.

Yeah the laziness part comes in with alerts popping up to help you remember xyz. If things like this gets implemented what to stop other things automating your game play from being added that required some form of effort. Like have auto pilot warp to Zero.

I see all of this under the same umbrella.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Ittos
Beards Confirmed
#7 - 2013-02-01 08:55:35 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

I'm not sure how, if added, this feature would be a reward. You're not getting anything extra. If you're referring to the reward of not leaving your drones, it's no different than the contriband warning when you try to undock
Counselor ForHire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-02-01 09:02:11 UTC
"Don't fly anything you can't afford to lose"...ALSO applies to Drones!

You are not the only one who has lost drones, so live and learn.

Don't fly what you can't afford to lose ALSO includes drones!!!
Telfyen Teratogen
Longbow Trading
#9 - 2013-02-01 09:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Telfyen Teratogen
trust me Red by the time you get to t2 drones , especially if you fly a drone ship , they will be too precious and you will never leave them.

Make a hot key to retrieve them -- while you are at it a hot key for attack and you will be golden.

No need to fix what ain't broke

TT

ps. have I seen you before ?
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-02-01 09:41:08 UTC
When youve been playing a little bit longer you will realize this is a terrible idea.

( hint : youre going to die waiting for your drones one day )

Being a little less trollish : its all part of the Eve experience. You get punished for your mistakes - all of them, even the little ones. Sure, we can add a pop up message to remind you about drones. But seriously, where are you going to stop ? Pop ups for loading the wrong ammo, are you sure you want to do this ? Are you sure you want to do that ? Do you really want to troll the other noobs on the forum ? Prompts are a pain in the arse. Now that youve forgotton your drones once, will you really do it again ?
Whitehound
#11 - 2013-02-01 10:07:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
We have a mega thread floating around here in General Discussion (GD). Simply post your idea there to all the other small ones.

If you ever find the need for larger suggestions then post it into Features & Ideas Discussion.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#12 - 2013-02-01 10:48:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
How about no.

This game, unlike other MMO's, is all about taking responsibility for your actions. Or inactions. There are no training wheels in EVE, which is why we like it. If you forget your drones, go back and pick them up. You can "reconnect to lost drones" now which is much better than having to scoop them up manually then go back to a station/fitting facility to get them back in your drone bay.

If you only realize you lost your drones after finishing the mission and despawning the site, well eventually you will get fed up of buying new drones and you'll remember to pick them up before you warp off. People learn from their mistakes. Or at least they are supposed to. So grow a little instead of asking for a dumbed down game.

Drones are not expensive. At least the kind used by brand new players.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#13 - 2013-02-01 10:53:40 UTC
yes please... i think ive forgotten around a good 500 - 600 mill worth of drones throughout my eve carrer so far lol :-P
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-02-01 10:55:11 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
We have a mega thread floating around here in General Discussion (GD). Simply post your idea there to all the other small ones.

If you ever find the need for larger suggestions then post it into Features & Ideas Discussion.

>>>This one<<<

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Argentaria
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-02-01 11:27:19 UTC
SHIFT-R is your friend
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#16 - 2013-02-01 11:31:42 UTC
They already added the feature where if you drop connection and your ship auto-warp to protection, your drones will warp into their Drone Bay. Again, if disconnected for whatever reason.

This did not exist until about a year ago, and it's a nice feature. But warping away and 'forgetting' them is just a case of forgetful tough luck.

Enough of handholding threads, please.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#17 - 2013-02-01 11:32:41 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Yeah the laziness part comes in with alerts popping up to help you remember xyz. If things like this gets implemented what to stop other things automating your game play from being added that required some form of effort. Like have auto pilot warp to Zero.

I see all of this under the same umbrella.
Then you're wrong. Because a notification about drones being abandoned is merely telling you what is happening, whereas autopilot WTZ is changing what is happening.

Counselor ForHire wrote:
"Don't fly anything you can't afford to lose"...ALSO applies to Drones!
This isn't what this phrase means. You are equivocating on the word lose.

Ptraci wrote:
So grow a little instead of asking for a dumbed down game.
The game must already be pretty dumbed down if you consider remembering drones a test of player intellect that must be defended on the forums.

Anyway, the correct answer is, in situations where you actually want to leave your drones behind, you aren't going to have time to bother with prompts, so it's a bad idea.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Benilopax
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-02-01 11:44:19 UTC
First person to say welcome to EVE...

For shame...

Docter Daniel Jackson
Fleetworks Training
#19 - 2013-02-01 12:04:08 UTC
People trolling a new player because of an idea... Roll nothing new I see...
Aracimia Wolfe
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2013-02-01 12:06:27 UTC
Would you leave the pub and forget your kids?

If you answered yes, congratulations you're the priminister of england or in need of social services support, or both.

If the answer is No, then you'll probably remember to pick up your drones. Don't think of them as weapons, think of them as beloved minions, they can help you, but you must help them.

Kill it with Fire!

12Next page