These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What to invest 1T into? - 1 year afk

Author
Callduron
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#41 - 2013-01-30 05:12:03 UTC
Plex.

In the long term the plex price is based on player isk/hour so will always rise faster than the isk so long as the player base improves over time (which it does just from skill queues alone).

I write http://stabbedup.blogspot.co.uk/

I post on reddit as /u/callduron.

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#42 - 2013-01-30 05:50:47 UTC
Callduron wrote:
Plex.

In the long term the plex price is based on player isk/hour so will always rise faster than the isk so long as the player base improves over time (which it does just from skill queues alone).

If one makes the assumption that CCP is not going to do anything to keep isk/hour as stable as possible...

Nyan

MrProductivity
Regulus Industries
#43 - 2013-01-31 03:10:08 UTC  |  Edited by: MrProductivity
I wasn't going to reply to this thread but actually TBH Procurers might not be a bad place to sink a bunch of ISK. Re-balanced ships are the surest bets for assets that will increase in value, and Procurers selling at 30%-40% of build cost are the most extreme case of build requirement rebalancing. It will just take a while to sell your inventory when you come back, but by then they might be selling on the market for closer to build cost.

Starting a ton of tier 1 BC builds, or maybe buying rebalanced cruisers that are still selling under build cost, might not be a bad investment.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#44 - 2013-01-31 10:59:44 UTC
PLEX. Who knows if ISK will be worth more or less compared to real world currency in a year, but PLEX will most likely hover a bit below 20USD with ISK rising and falling relative, Even more importantly you can easily liquidate ISK when you return, pay up several years for an corporations worth of characters, and most importantly hopefully buy real world items like EON magazine, tickets to conventions or a new video card. It might not be the best profit come YTD, but is one of the safest and flexible in my opinion.
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#45 - 2013-01-31 11:48:00 UTC
Celeste Taylor wrote:
PLEX. Who knows if ISK will be worth more or less compared to real world currency in a year, but PLEX will most likely hover a bit below 20USD with ISK rising and falling relative, Even more importantly you can easily liquidate ISK when you return, pay up several years for an corporations worth of characters, and most importantly hopefully buy real world items like EON magazine, tickets to conventions or a new video card. It might not be the best profit come YTD, but is one of the safest and flexible in my opinion.

Uhm, you do realize the OP asked what to 'invest' in?

Nyan

Claire Coffee
Coffee Inc
#46 - 2013-01-31 11:53:59 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:

Uhm, you do realize the OP asked what to 'invest' in?

Yet the goal was to preserve the proportional value (at least).

[b]DRINK COFFEE Do stupid things Faster with More Energy[/b]

De Guillaume
Van Lanschot Banking
Van Lanschot
#47 - 2013-01-31 16:16:40 UTC
I am sorry but did anyone even ask, how this guy made so much isk without knowing the game well enough to know what to invest it.

is this a troll??

Has you ever went so far as chose to go even use want to look more like do?

shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#48 - 2013-01-31 16:31:23 UTC
De Guillaume wrote:
I am sorry but did anyone even ask, how this guy made so much isk without knowing the game well enough to know what to invest it.

yep and we found out that you can make trillions with trading without having any clue and still keep modesty as your middle name

shar'ra phone home

Phoenix Pryde
3-I Area 42
#49 - 2013-01-31 19:55:34 UTC
shar'ra matcevsovski wrote:

yep and we found out that you can make trillions with trading without having any clue and still keep modesty as your middle name

deserving of a very rare 'like' Bear
Claire Coffee
Coffee Inc
#50 - 2013-01-31 21:24:32 UTC
I think... that OP just gathered some market intel and that's it.
Well played. Pirate

[b]DRINK COFFEE Do stupid things Faster with More Energy[/b]

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-01-31 21:39:57 UTC
Claire Coffee wrote:
Well played. Pirate

That may be true, but who's to say he wasn't the one being played. Twisted

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-01-31 22:32:16 UTC
Claire Coffee wrote:
Well played. Pirate

Snix. Comeon, do you really think the biggest people in this thread hadn't considered it?

Also, use buys holy crap. Someone hit PV to 100k. Guess that is one way to do it.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#53 - 2013-01-31 23:05:27 UTC
Aryth wrote:

Also, use buys holy crap. Someone hit PV to 100k. Guess that is one way to do it.

that was me. someone gave me 20b, and im not that good at eve, please teach me to be a big person.

@JerryTPepridge

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#54 - 2013-02-01 04:32:50 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
Aryth wrote:

that was me. someone gave me 20b, and im not that good at eve, please teach me to be a big person.

Confirming I was planning on selling my stockpiles into buy orders.

Nyan

Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#55 - 2013-02-01 07:16:23 UTC
Im not seeing anything new, same old story from last year.

all the real good stuff is are being held for personal use.
OP didn't think this through well enough, that or OP doesn't have more then 1B isk, if so, he will feel right at home here in MD/trade hub playing his game.
PantrashMoFo
Bruggen Raiders
#56 - 2013-02-02 15:54:06 UTC
What you need is a Monorail.
AKilla Sunday
EVE Corporation 98582134
#57 - 2013-02-02 21:28:48 UTC
Happy days. We touched ground IRL.

Those PV where not me - my style is subtle and with help from another trading friend I managed to sink most of my isk . Left the remaining isk to my brah as a no interest loan.

I had a pretty good idea to begin with about what to invest into but I thought I'd ask the MD folks to see if my intents where confirmed , they where at large but also got some new stuff to invest from the posters.

Have a nice year and see you all in space

cheers
Candy Oshea
Techfree Investment Group
#58 - 2013-02-03 04:56:09 UTC
PantrashMoFo wrote:
What you need is a Monorail.

lmao.

@OP good luck cashing out in a year hope you don't get burned, please come and let us know the results when you return!

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-02-03 06:29:06 UTC
Zendon Taredi wrote:
Pyerite!

As a part time industrialist, I am ashamed to admit I read that as "Pyeah-right!" the first couple times...
SellOrder Forum
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2013-02-04 12:09:49 UTC  |  Edited by: SellOrder Forum
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
Aryth wrote:

LOL, it cost just 3 bil more to clear the market from sells of 40-49k per unit. There was then a jump to 75k with very few units at that price point next "big" sell was at 100K, someone pushed through 75k god knows why!. Anyhow could have liquidated alot on sunday at 55k, still have my prePI stock piles to but made a penny or 2 pushing them closer to Build cost.

Prices will likely fall quickly to the 50-60k range and hover there for a while.

They have a very low but steady demand. So probably alot of pre-PI stock lying around, but yeah anyone in here wants to dump, dump away.

build cost is around 100k so they will eventually settle around there, but all things PI are increasing in price steadily and some items appear to be bottlenecking in the production world so i imagine the skys the limit.