These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Real Incarna Poll where ALL Incarna supporters can vote even those not subbing anymore

Author
Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#1 - 2011-10-25 11:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Athiven SkyWolf
http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1234871-eve-online-do-you-want-stationsestablishments-ever-yes-or-no

63,64% For WiS
36,36% against WiS

Once you have no active subscription anymore you can't post or like and so can't vote or make our voice heard on those forums. So Incarna haters have easy to say they are the majority. When in fact they are a minority, just that the majority of incarna supporters are not able to vote.

If Incarna haters were more intelligent they would realise Incarna supporters would have been those buying in NEX store. That would mean not only more subs from them but also a lot more money to finance CCP and space and ships part of game.
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-10-25 11:54:12 UTC
Please stop making threads with really long subjects which can't even fit on th...
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-25 11:56:29 UTC
*ZZzzzz....*

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2011-10-25 11:57:59 UTC
I for one support this product or service, let the whiners think they have a chance of winning this war.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Alara IonStorm
#5 - 2011-10-25 12:01:02 UTC
That "ever" at the end invalidates everything. I would like to see Establishments in 2012/13 so I voted yes.
Adelphie
The Lone Wolves.
#6 - 2011-10-25 12:02:59 UTC
The question is worded in a completely one-sided way to the point where it is almost irrelevant.

There are very few players who will say that they never want WiS, however I think the majority of the playerbase wants a reasonable level of prioritisation.

Do I want Incarna? Yes
Do I want it right now? Yes
Do I want it right now if it means FiS is neglected? Not one bit

Clearly CCP does not have the resource to spend on both at the moment - The drop is sub from FiS has shown that they will take more of a financial hit from de-prioritising FiS, so to me this is one of the most astute business decisions I've seen by CCP in a long time.

Di Mulle
#7 - 2011-10-25 12:26:00 UTC
If the OP instead of playing his imaginary "majorityminority" games would be able to explain what the heck this sacred Incarna actually is beyond some buzzwords... But that is not the point, right ?
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-10-25 12:29:06 UTC  |  Edited by: David Grogan
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:
http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1234871-eve-online-do-you-want-stationsestablishments-ever-yes-or-no

63,64% For WiS
36,36% against WiS

Once you have no active subscription anymore you can't post or like and so can't vote or make our voice heard on those forums. So Incarna haters have easy to say they are the majority. When in fact they are a minority, just that the majority of incarna supporters are not able to vote.

If Incarna haters were more intelligent they would realise Incarna supporters would have been those buying in NEX store. That would mean not only more subs from them but also a lot more money to finance CCP and space and ships part of game.

your poll had only two options... thus not valid

a poll should have more than two options like this:

Would you like Establishments to be completed before Summer 2012

Yes please prioritize walking in stations

Yes but keep flying in space a priority

No flying in space should get full attention

I really don't care about flying in space

Click to vote on the revised poll below

http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1235198-would-you-like-establishments-in-eve-online-to-be-

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-10-25 12:33:22 UTC
ooooo a piece of candy. ooooo piece of candy. oooooo piece of candy.

I have more space likes than you. 

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-10-25 13:03:46 UTC
Good idea for an official counting of votes. +1
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#11 - 2011-10-25 13:09:31 UTC
CCP brainwashed players into thinking +4 ships are "winter expansion"- with community like that I doubt CCP really need/want to create actual new content like playable WiS.

You better stop worrying about WiS - most likely it won't be in the horizon for at least 20 months. Just relax and switch to FiS or find something simple to amuse you - like I'm watching subscription expires on my unsubscribed accounts.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#12 - 2011-10-25 13:10:46 UTC
So, let's see…

Leading questions, check.
False dichotomy choices, check.
Non-representative sample, check.

Yeah, no. That's not a real poll.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#13 - 2011-10-25 13:15:52 UTC
How many people need to unsub, how many people must be laid off, how many apology letters must be written by ceo's before these supporters realize that WiS was rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship?

I'll be over here in my ship.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Cpt Fina
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-10-25 13:16:54 UTC
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:

You're misrepreseting people that are for Incarna when you say they are also for the NEX store. It's a cheap trick and reflects poorly on your credability. It's like saying that since a majority of the population is for a national self defence force they are also for a nuclear weapons program. Two different things just like WiS and NEX.

Secondly your poll is not representative of the Eve subscriber base – the sample is biased towards forum-goers.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-10-25 13:21:21 UTC
Tippia wrote:
So, let's see…

Please tell us why you say it isn't a real poll?

Would it be due to the fact that you can only vote once?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2011-10-25 13:22:44 UTC
it's spelled "alliance" you toddler

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#17 - 2011-10-25 13:23:49 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Because of the leading question, false dichotomy choices, non-representative sample, and self-selection bias.

But you're quite right: we should probably add “voting fraud” to the list since these kinds of polls universally allow for it in some way or another.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2011-10-25 13:24:00 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Tippia wrote:
So, let's see…

Would it be due to the fact that you can only vote once?

it's a terrible poll because it asks an absolute, with the only two options being "Yes" and "No"

and it's easy to vote multiple times, learn about cookies m8~

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#19 - 2011-10-25 13:24:18 UTC
because everyone knows internet polls are good sources of information.

/facepalm
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#20 - 2011-10-25 13:32:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Adelphie wrote:
The question is worded in a completely one-sided way to the point where it is almost irrelevant.

There are very few players who will say that they never want WiS, however I think the majority of the playerbase wants a reasonable level of prioritisation.

Do I want Incarna? Yes
Do I want it right now? Yes
Do I want it right now if it means FiS is neglected? Not one bit

Clearly CCP does not have the resource to spend on both at the moment - The drop is sub from FiS has shown that they will take more of a financial hit from de-prioritising FiS, so to me this is one of the most astute business decisions I've seen by CCP in a long time.

More or less that's how i feel. I understand that now CCP has got more pressing matters with delayed FiS features and gameplay, but that shouldn't mean that they dismiss the expectations for Incarna and other non-FiS gameplay.

Even as FiS goes, they should bear in mind that EVE is way more than nullsec and certianly way more than what the CSM sports. I was appalled to see the CSM bring the matter of ABC minerals in wormholes as a top priority right after the monoclegedon. I felt like, "Is that? So much noise and the CSM just go and take the chance to whine about some petty nullsec crap?"

The last time casuals got stuff was when they implemented 30 new missions (I come across one of them each three weeks, more or less...), and that didn't did a bit to fix the grievance caused by moving Lvl5 to lowsec. And that's it, nothing else new in 3 years.

And now that apparently CCP has been forced to listen to what players (players, not the CSM) say, it's time to say that what they THINK that EVE is about may not be what players think. MAYBE nullsec is a cul-de-sac and can't be expanded at all, and maybe would be smart to look for people who are not playing EVE, or may cease playing if they grow bored of doing the same over and over and over while nullsec and pvp get all the cake.

Neglecting FiS has been a bad move. But then catering exclusively to nullsec minority and pvp whiners may not be the wisest move around neither.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

123Next page