These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones

First post
Author
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#141 - 2011-10-25 10:34:43 UTC
Svaste wrote:

Quote:
Build 304168 to 306979 addresses Patch notes for Incarna 1.1.3

To be released Tuesday, October 25, 2011.

Sadly, the patch notes do not mention drones at all.

http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp

We are still working on this :) We have uncovered an issue, as I mentioned, it is not by design.. but it's going to take more than 3 days to fix and deploy this :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#142 - 2011-10-25 11:09:26 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

I fully expect it to be ignored/forgotten... mostly because I have yet to see CCP deliver on their words... ( and ofc that I am a little negative in general :D, better to expect nothing and be happy when you get something then expect something and never get it )
Its 3 days since CCP's confirmation about these issues and not a single word from Affinity, Greyscale or Frellicus.

And even if they resolv the issues that patch itself will most likely not be released until something else is.
Despite that these fixes should have been out long ago :P
Its "nice" to see them fix the overview issues so fast when the drones issues are just as big but way WAY down the list :P

We (BFF) are working on this and we are hoping to get the fix out in the winter expansion. Please note, we cannot 100% guarantee this, but it is our current goal. I will keep you updated when there's any progress or when new discoveries are made.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

ISquishWorms
#143 - 2011-10-25 11:21:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ISquishWorms
Sounds to me like this bug does not have an easy fix and it will take a little time to correct. I wonder what is causing it.

Thanks for the communication CCP Affinity at least we know it is being worked on.

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#144 - 2011-10-25 11:46:09 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

I fully expect it to be ignored/forgotten... mostly because I have yet to see CCP deliver on their words... ( and ofc that I am a little negative in general :D, better to expect nothing and be happy when you get something then expect something and never get it )
Its 3 days since CCP's confirmation about these issues and not a single word from Affinity, Greyscale or Frellicus.

And even if they resolv the issues that patch itself will most likely not be released until something else is.
Its "nice" to see them fix the overview issues so fast when the drones issues are just as big but way WAY down the list :P

They are just humans, not robots. 3 days is nothing. I would start getting worried after 3 months. Relax and chill already.

Its been 3 months since it was reported, might be even more...
Also, hehe, I am a bit negative which I have said already :P mainly continuing to post here to keep it bumped :D and thus in the spotlight.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#145 - 2011-10-25 11:56:42 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

We (BFF) are working on this and we are hoping to get the fix out in the winter expansion. Please note, we cannot 100% guarantee this, but it is our current goal. I will keep you updated when there's any progress or when new discoveries are made.

I do understand that it does not take 3 days and ofc you cant guarantee it 100% that it will be in the winter expansion.
my point is this, these drones issues are just as gamebreaking as that overview issue fixed today but the overview was a VERY fast solv while the drones have been ignored and thus once a fix has been found it should be released at that point.
And if its before the winter expansion so be it...

Dont get me wrong, I love the fact that you keep an eye on this thread and that you, in what seems to be strong contrast to other CCP'ers, actually are able to confirm stuff. I like it :D

For an extended period I've considered going gunnery instead of drones just because they work as intended :D
if a drones fix takes to long I wanna know it so I can change to gunnery already :P sadly the majority of my skills are in drones :P
Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#146 - 2011-10-25 13:01:27 UTC
If drones aren't fixed in time for the Winter update then you clearly don't have your priorities in order. Drones have been broke for far too long. They are one of, if not THE most used weapon system in the game and they've been broke for going on 5 months now, heck, it's took you that long to acknowledge there was a problem. The least you can do now that you have recreated and identified the problem is make it one of your top priorities to fix it.

You may aswell hold production on those EWAR drones until this issue is fixed at least. Gonna be a waste of friggin time otherwise!

CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#147 - 2011-10-25 14:22:45 UTC
Come on guys, be nice to Affinity. You're making her bitter and angry! She's just trying to help Bear
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#148 - 2011-10-25 14:24:49 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Come on guys, be nice to Affinity. You're making her bitter and angry! She's just trying to help Bear

And thus the Turbefield spoketh, and the land was blessed with peace.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#149 - 2011-10-25 14:30:48 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:

I am trying to be nice :D if I were to speak my mind 100% I would get banned :P
But even you CCP's must admit its been a long time overdue on these issues.
Along side the overview patch today... in comparison... thats just more wood on the fire on this topic :P
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#150 - 2011-10-25 14:33:37 UTC
Lord Okinaba wrote:
If drones aren't fixed in time for the Winter update then you clearly don't have your priorities in order. Drones have been broke for far too long. They are one of, if not THE most used weapon system in the game and they've been broke for going on 5 months now, heck, it's took you that long to acknowledge there was a problem. The least you can do now that you have recreated and identified the problem is make it one of your top priorities to fix it.

You may aswell hold production on those EWAR drones until this issue is fixed at least. Gonna be a waste of friggin time otherwise!

Had to like this one too :D
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2011-10-25 14:56:30 UTC
God bless the HP-button.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Svaste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2011-10-25 20:48:24 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

We are still working on this :) We have uncovered an issue, as I mentioned, it is not by design.. but it's going to take more than 3 days to fix and deploy this :)

I'm glad you have been on this for three days. I'll take your coment as confirmation that CCP Greyscale did nothing what-so-ever as we suspected. (oh he was at a conference for one week out of the 15 weeks that drones have been broken)

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#153 - 2011-10-26 05:58:20 UTC
Just noticed some claims of sisi datamined stats on the forums.

Actuall T2 drone items YAY!! now give us implants too :D
Also some nice changes to hybrids/gallente ships...
If these are true its perfect.

Only thing missing now is the drone fix, or atleast that a fix have been found.
Annoying being in limbo in terms of staying in my drone boat or change to hybrid gun boat, will depend on the fix if its 1-2 months away or 6 months...
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2011-10-26 06:07:59 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:

Lol This sounds like a man that tries to preserve the office peace.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#155 - 2011-10-26 06:24:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Nyio wrote:
CCP Diagoras wrote:

Lol This sounds like a man that tries to preserve the office peace.

LOVE!!!
CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#156 - 2011-10-26 09:07:31 UTC
My role is simply to serve. Now, let us all be nice to Affinity. She's got a tough job to get done! Without these lovely QA people we'd find ourselves in a bit of a pickle.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#157 - 2011-10-26 09:17:25 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
My role is simply to serve. Now, let us all be nice to Affinity. She's got a tough job to get done! Without these lovely QA people we'd find ourselves in a bit of a pickle.

Remember, the best we can manage is EvE nice. I'm sure almost everyone appreciates her, but we have been trained through a bizarre series of trials and experiments to exploit any and every weakness we perceive.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2011-10-26 09:50:43 UTC
Nice they are working on Drones.
Perhaps they will fix "Focus Fire" also...

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#159 - 2011-10-26 10:24:49 UTC
Svaste wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

I'm glad you have been on this for three days. I'll take your coment as confirmation that CCP Greyscale did nothing what-so-ever as we suspected. (oh he was at a conference for one week out of the 15 weeks that drones have been broken)

"we" being BFF and Greyscale is on BFF and worked on this with me.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#160 - 2011-10-26 10:49:21 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Svaste wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Svaste wrote:

Quote:

"we" being BFF and Greyscale is on BFF and worked on this with me.

Easy tiger... :D :D
I wish you all the best but, as said before, try looking at if from our point of view...
Yes its great you have started but this issue needs to get on double time. its one of the core weapon systems in EVE and its broken... ( has been for a huge amount of time )