These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Torp fitting a Raven - A new conquest

Author
juicer555
KRABfest
#1 - 2013-01-27 13:46:04 UTC  |  Edited by: juicer555
For a while I've been thinking about trying to use the Raven in an new and inventive way that can make me some money whilst not being overly expensive to buy and fit.
Cruise Missiles gave me range and therefore I didn't need to fit a massive tank, but the dps wasn't amazing, and I really wanted to rip through anomalies to make as much money as I could, so I turned to Torpedoes. I haven't seen any torpedo fits for a Raven, I looked long and far on Battleclinic and I couldn't find a Raven Torp fit (or even a Raven fit that was really that decent), so I decided to make one of my own. It has a pretty decent tank, and has some awesome dps to really rip through stuff, but being relatively new to making my own ship fittings, I thought I'd post here and ask for some Constructive Criticism.
Edit: I should probably mention that this intended for ratting Blood Raiders.

The Fitting:
[Raven, Ratting]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

EM Ward Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermic Dissipation Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Large Shield Extender II

Torpedo Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Torpedo
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Hammerhead II x5

This is what it's like with all Level Vs: http://i.imgur.com/6XASHLe.jpg

Anyway yeah, I'd be hugely thankful if people could take a look at the fit and tell me if it's any good, and link to anything that's similar that's known to work.

Have fun and fly safe
Juicer
Leo Lain
MuroBBS United
#2 - 2013-01-27 14:28:49 UTC
juicer555 wrote:
For a while I've been thinking about trying to use the Raven in an new and inventive way that can make me some money whilst not being overly expensive to buy and fit.
Cruise Missiles gave me range and therefore I didn't need to fit a massive tank, but the dps wasn't amazing, and I really wanted to rip through anomalies to make as much money as I could, so I turned to Torpedoes. I haven't seen any torpedo fits for a Raven, I looked long and far on Battleclinic and I couldn't find a Raven Torp fit (or even a Raven fit that was really that decent), so I decided to make one of my own. It has a pretty decent tank, and has some awesome dps to really rip through stuff, but being relatively new to making my own ship fittings, I thought I'd post here and ask for some Constructive Criticism.

The Fitting:
[Raven, Ratting]
Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
EM Ward Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Hammerhead II x5

Anyway yeah, I'd be hugely thankful if people could take a look at the fit and tell me if it's any good, and link to anything that's similar that's known to work.

Have fun and fly safe
Juicer

As far i know - without a target painter you will lose alot of torp dps even on BS rats.
juicer555
KRABfest
#3 - 2013-01-27 14:49:51 UTC
Leo Lain wrote:
juicer555 wrote:

The Fitting:
[Raven, Ratting]
Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
EM Ward Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Hammerhead II x5

Have fun and fly safe
Juicer

As far i know - without a target painter you will lose alot of torp dps even on BS rats.

If I swap the Large Shield Extender for a Target Painter II, the fit is cap stable at 60% with a 421 dps tank, and an EHP of 81k.

Any other advice would be great
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-01-27 15:08:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
you really do not need much tank for anoms, even that thing is overtanked.

Regular shield booster is fine, Anc is unnecessary, and as mentioned, you will DEFINITELY need a target painter to apply your DPS. Use damage-specific hardeners to make the most of your mids, omni tanking is not the way to go. It's also a good idea to make sure your explosion velocity is tweaked, with skills, and rigs (guided missile precision skill, and rigor, or flare rigs).

I would stick to forsaken hubs, since they have no frigs to worry about. Also, train for blasters, as blaster-ratting is (OP, FOTM, or totally ******* awesome, take your pick) right now.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-27 18:10:45 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
you really do not need much tank for anoms, even that thing is overtanked.

Regular shield booster is fine, Anc is unnecessary, and as mentioned, you will DEFINITELY need a target painter to apply your DPS. Use damage-specific hardeners to make the most of your mids, omni tanking is not the way to go. It's also a good idea to make sure your explosion velocity is tweaked, with skills, and rigs (guided missile precision skill, and rigor, or flare rigs).

I would stick to forsaken hubs, since they have no frigs to worry about. Also, train for blasters, as blaster-ratting is (OP, FOTM, or totally ******* awesome, take your pick) right now.

You apparently didn't read the OP very well, since he in fact is fitting specific hardeners for Blood Raiders.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#6 - 2013-01-27 18:24:31 UTC
My Raven was equipped with the following:

HIGH
06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I
01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1
01 x SALVAGER I

MEDIUM
04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS
01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM
01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER

LOW
01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL
01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I
01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I
02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I

DRONES
02 x WARRIOR I DRONES
03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES

UPGRADES
01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I
01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2013-01-27 18:44:17 UTC
I have done this with both a raven and CNR, problem is you really need a 100mn MWD to make it work. It doesn't work so well since the AI changes as you can't fit it all with a decent tank, BCS, T2 torps and a MWD. Before I used a tengu to tank and shoot small stuff and a torp raven to kill big things, but it had very little tank.
Kery Nysell
#8 - 2013-01-28 03:29:20 UTC
Cardinal sin of shield tanking : mixing active (booster) and passive (extender) tank ...

Here's something I've thrown together in literally 2 minutes in EFT (all skills at 5) :

[Raven, Raven - Torps]

Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
Target Painter II
Large Shield Booster II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
100MN Microwarpdrive II

Torpedo Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Torpedo
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Infiltrator II x5
Acolyte II x5

Not cap stable by a long shot (cap lasts 1 mins with MWD and Booster on), but you shouldn't boost constantly anyway, and the MWD is only there to get in torp range ... don't know if it works honestly, and I don't have the skills for T2 torps yet to try it myself.

It *should* kill BSs and BCs easily, Cruisers less so, and really struggle with Frigates.

XxRTEKxX
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#9 - 2013-01-28 04:59:26 UTC
Kery Nysell wrote:
Cardinal sin of shield tanking : mixing active (booster) and passive (extender) tank ...

Here's something I've thrown together in literally 2 minutes in EFT (all skills at 5) :

[Raven, Raven - Torps]

Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
Target Painter II
Large Shield Booster II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
100MN Microwarpdrive II

Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Infiltrator II x5
Acolyte II x5

Not cap stable by a long shot (cap lasts 1 mins with MWD and Booster on), but you shouldn't boost constantly anyway, and the MWD is only there to get in torp range ... don't know if it works honestly, and I don't have the skills for T2 torps yet to try it myself.

It *should* kill BSs and BCs easily, Cruisers less so, and really struggle with Frigates.

Rigor rigs dont work on Torps. Unless they've changed that. The evelopedia page still says it only works on missiles. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Large_Warhead_Rigor_Catalyst_I
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#10 - 2013-01-28 05:06:12 UTC
XxRTEKxX wrote:
Rigor rigs dont work on Torps. Unless they've changed that. The evelopedia page still says it only works on missiles. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Large_Warhead_Rigor_Catalyst_I

They changed it. Rigors work on all missiles now, including torps, HAMs, and rockets.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#11 - 2013-01-28 06:28:36 UTC
Leo Lain wrote:

Eram Fidard wrote:
you will DEFINITELY need a target painter to apply your DPS.

GMP changes so that they affect Torps fixed that issue for the most part. Now treat torps the same as you would cruises. Use a TP if you need one for cruises, but don't bother if you wouldn't for them.

To juicer:

I don't know what range BR rats typically orbit at, but max skills against them they'll probably still hover a bit outside of torp range. You might wanna pull the Invuln for a prop, if it'll fit. Getting it on will be a struggle, yes, but you'll need to be able to get into your torp range. I know that plenty of rats will hang out in the 40-60KM range. IFF(if and only if) BR rats hang back outside your range then I'd suggest cramming it on. If not, then forget I mentioned it.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#12 - 2013-01-28 18:03:41 UTC
my buddy had a golem that would 3-shot sanctum battleships with rage torps. Good RoF too, and this was before the recent missile adjustment.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Kurron
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-01-29 13:02:23 UTC
Better question - why on God's green and fuzzy earth would you rat any anom with a Raven at this point?