These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Eden Trade Group seeking loans (Full Collateral Available)

Author
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#21 - 2013-01-28 04:03:05 UTC
well, even in eve.

how do they know they are making isk, unless they are tracking some stats, e.g. nav. (the guy didn't even know the calculation.)

@JerryTPepridge

Razor Rocker
Super Mother Fan Club
#22 - 2013-01-28 04:13:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Razor Rocker
Email me a detailed list of what you can provide as collateral, the locations thereof and what percentage you expect the collateral to cover.

EDIT: Thing I find odd about these guys, is that they've contacted me twice now, previous to this thread, and as soon as I ask about the collateral or we begin to talk numbers they go quiet.
Hanno Forsberg
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-01-28 04:16:13 UTC
Quick question: Why does it matter if they provide APIs, or if they are profitable? So long as the collateral covers 110%-120% of the loan, does it really matter who they are and what they plan to do with the ISK?
Claire Coffee
Coffee Inc
#24 - 2013-01-28 04:18:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Claire Coffee
Hanno Forsberg wrote:
Quick question: Why does it matter if they provide APIs, or if they are profitable? So long as the collateral covers 110%-120% of the loan, does it really matter who they are and what they plan to do with the ISK?

WHAT IF they're sponsoring your eviction with my money? Big smile
It's about ethics, you know

on a serious note:
Some investors if not the majority are traders themselves. Would you like to support competition? Well maybe, but usually not.
But then again if a Corp you're investing into sells stuff that has a dependency on commodities you sell then double-profit. Cool, eh? :-)

[b]DRINK COFFEE Do stupid things Faster with More Energy[/b]

Jerry T Pepridge
#25 - 2013-01-28 04:27:06 UTC
Hanno Forsberg wrote:

if you actually read the OP, they don't have alot of collateral & its crap.

Ethan Freeman wrote:
collateral is available but is limited. As long as we have collateral available we will be requesting loans. Currently we are offering carriers located in low sec space as collateral among other useful items.

my comments are for them, not for the scrubs who invest in these things.

Coz at only 1.5% interest and collateral being held by no 3rd party and values at 120%, OP loses all his carriers at low low prices. unless the lender is equally into roleplay and gifts them back.

please read OP's.

lurkers: remember to pre-pledge 20b to avoid these incidents.

@JerryTPepridge

Joshua Vaughn Lampen
Archer Investments Initiative
#26 - 2013-01-28 04:29:15 UTC
I see the fresh new thread in MD forums strategy has panned out as well as could expected.
Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-01-28 05:49:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Freeman
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
Hanno Forsberg wrote:

if you actually read the OP, they don't have alot of collateral & its crap.

Ethan Freeman wrote:
collateral is available but is limited. As long as we have collateral available we will be requesting loans. Currently we are offering carriers located in low sec space as collateral among other useful items.

my comments are for them, not for the scrubs who invest in these things.

Coz at only 1.5% interest and collateral being held by no 3rd party and values at 120%, OP loses all his carriers at low low prices. unless the lender is equally into roleplay and gifts them back.

please read OP's.

lurkers: remember to pre-pledge 20b to avoid these incidents.

1. What a lot* of collateral is differs depending on perspective, and seeing how becoming a carrier pilot is a goal for many in game I would not consider carriers crap, nor would I consider any of the other items we use as collateral as crap.Why would we spend time manufacturing crap inventory?

2. No one in game has unlimited collateral, we are no different.

3. Its not about role playing, its about not taking advantage of a situation because there is more value in the long run.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-01-28 08:01:10 UTC
Hanno Forsberg wrote:

it doesn't.

but persistently asking for API keys and other irrelevant information might lead to an interesting thread in an otherwise dull forum.

we call it "assessing how the business manager reacts under stress" and any potential investor should of course take part in this! how can you trust somebody when you don't know his breaking point?

will he lash out at his potential investors calling them trolls and worse? will he ask CCP to lock this thread? will he break down in tears and post his API keys? will he decide to get revenge for the humiliation by creating an army of scam alts? ...

you can't know until you've been there!

Jerry T Pepridge
#29 - 2013-01-28 08:40:20 UTC
any carriers/creads/ships/items etc, are de-valued as collateral, as they are "hard to get to" etc "not in jita", "Market could crash"

put simply, anything other than goods with an NPC price are not good collateral for YOU. goods with NPC price never lose the value, and "exact amounts" can be lent against them, with relative safety for both parties.

back to your devalued carrier.

the % the lender will devalue your stuff, will be higher than the % of interest you pay.

1.5% of that 800m is only a 12m payment. the lender unless into roleplay/reputation for the own scams, will just punt on the goods regardless of your lolimnotaroleplayer interest of only 12m

please tell me more about how carriers are good for YOU as collateral.

@JerryTPepridge

Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-01-28 08:47:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Freeman
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
any carriers/creads/ships/items etc, are de-valued as collateral, as they are "hard to get to" etc "not in jita", "Market could crash"

put simply, anything other than goods with an NPC price are not good collateral for YOU. goods with NPC price never lose the value, and "exact amounts" can be lent against them, with relative safety for both parties.

back to your devalued carrier.

the % the lender will devalue your stuff, will be higher than the % of interest you pay.

1.5% of that 800m is only a 12m payment. the lender unless into roleplay/reputation for the own scams, will just punt on the goods regardless of your lolimnotaroleplayer interest of only 12m

please tell me more about how carriers are good for YOU as collateral.

1. We are given less isk than the market value of items used as collateral
2. Lender can cancel his/her loan at any time because of changing values or for any other reason
3. Cap ship prices dont crash over night

The best argument is that collateral is stuck in low sec, but there will always be demand for carriers for a number of reasons, especially because they are entry level cap ships. You and I both know this.
Jerry T Pepridge
#31 - 2013-01-28 08:56:17 UTC
correct, using those conditions you listed above, the lender can just sell the carrier for more than 1.5% roleplay interest.

i understand babie's first carrier is a tough thing to get rid off, but at the end of the day, its just an asset, and its useless now., so just sell it. skip the roleplay and get on with it.

@JerryTPepridge

Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-01-28 08:57:53 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
correct, using those conditions you listed above, the lender can just sell the carrier for more than 1.5% roleplay interest.

i understand babie's first carrier is a tough thing to get rid off, but at the end of the day, its just an asset, and its useless now., so just sell it. skip the roleplay and get on with it.

We are not role playing, we are here to make isk. Unless you define every Eve player as a roleplayer?
Jerry T Pepridge
#33 - 2013-01-28 09:06:30 UTC
role playing was sposed to be a subtle troll, but i'm afraid buttfrustration has come too early. Oops

simply selling the carriers would skip the following:

1) devalued loan against it, the item may not come back to you (i would just keep it if it was worth more)
2) interest has to be paid

when you can just sell them, and get there current value.

so, again, why not just sell them

@JerryTPepridge

Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-01-28 09:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Freeman
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
role playing was sposed to be a subtle troll, but i'm afraid buttfrustration has come too early. Oops

1) devalued loan against it, the item may not come back to you (i would just keep it if it was worth more)

We do not sell items we choose to use as collateral out right because we do not believe it is in our best interest.
Saveritrader
Sav Trading
#35 - 2013-01-28 09:35:39 UTC
Ethan Freeman wrote:
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:

We do not sell items we choose to use as collateral out right because we do not believe it is in our best interest.

AFAIK, ISK is in your best interest. The carrier is worth equally on the market as you would get a loan for right here, maybe I'm a few % off but nonetheless you're using faulty logic to explain why you need a loan.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#36 - 2013-01-28 09:36:15 UTC
Ethan Freeman wrote:
-1.5% monthly return on principle
-3 week length, with the possibility of options to extend 2 weeks at the end of original term

Why is the return you are offering so low?

Last time I checked, you're not Grendel and have no reason to expect people to accept such a low return.

Most people that are willing to accept sub 3% ROI on an investment are looking for something with very low risk and no effort that they can drop their isk into and forget about it. But you are offering 1.5% on a 3 week loan with less than ideal collateral requiring negotiation over it's value... which pretty much excludes you from that audience on every count.

Also, why are you comming to MD for this? Why not go to BMBE, VV or Grendel for a straight collateralised loan?
Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-01-28 09:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Freeman
Bad Bobby wrote:
Ethan Freeman wrote:
-1.5% monthly return on principle
-3 week length, with the possibility of options to extend 2 weeks at the end of original term

Why is the return you are offering so low?

Last time I checked, you're not Grendel and have no reason to expect people to accept such a low return.

Most people that are willing to accept sub 3% ROI on an investment are looking for something with very low risk and no effort that they can drop their isk into and forget about it. But you are offering 1.5% on a 3 week loan with less than ideal collateral requiring negotiation over it's value... which pretty much excludes you from that audience on every count.

Also, why are you comming to MD for this? Why not go to BMBE, VV or Grendel for a straight collateralised loan?

The return is low, but at this point it is what we are offering and if no one is interested that is fine. The lender can cancel at anytime and we do return all isk and interest for the collateral. Allowing the cancellation options mentioned in the original post makes for a potential head ache if using a 3rd party.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#38 - 2013-01-28 09:45:29 UTC
Ethan Freeman wrote:
The reason why we rather not use a third party is because of the cancellation options outlined in the original post.

I'm not talking about using them as a third party, I'm talking about getting the loan from them. I'd recommend you end this failed attempt and just speak to Torn Soul (of BMBE) about getting a loan secured on your collateral. They offer weekly interest rates that are better than you are likely to get in MD.

Ethan Freeman wrote:
If full collateral is given, then what difference does it make?

In your case it's the difference between getting a loan and getting trolled.
Ethan Freeman
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-01-28 09:49:24 UTC
Bad Bobby wrote:
Ethan Freeman wrote:
The reason why we rather not use a third party is because of the cancellation options outlined in the original post.

I'm not talking about using them as a third party, I'm talking about getting the loan from them. I'd recommend you end this failed attempt and just speak to Torn Soul (of BMBE) about getting a loan secured on your collateral. They offer weekly interest rates that are better than you are likely to get in MD.

Ethan Freeman wrote:
If full collateral is given, then what difference does it make?

In your case it's the difference between getting a loan and getting trolled.

Im not familiar with torn soul, what is BMBE?
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#40 - 2013-01-28 09:50:35 UTC
Ethan Freeman wrote:
Im not familiar with torn soul, what is BMBE?

http://bmbe.big-eve.com/