These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Large drop in FPS

Author
Romulus DK
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-01-27 18:40:45 UTC
Hi

I have been playing Eve some time running 2 clients without any FPS issues. Lately my FPS have dropped from 40+ to 5-10 when engaged in combat.

I have tried:

Clearing the chace
Updating my GFX card driver
Reinstalling the game
Adjusting ingame GFX to lower settings
Running with only one client

I'm running Win8, but the problem were also present when I ran Win7 (2 days ago).

Odly the problem seem to have solved it self, I had good FPS earlier today, but when i docked/undockd the problem returned.

My system:
Intel Duo 2.66 GHz
4 GB ram
Win 8 32 bit
GeForce 285 GTX

Please help, the game is nearly unplayable as it is now.

Kind regards
Amaloy Jeqcovy
Raytheon Intergalactic Research
Fall From Grace.
#2 - 2013-01-27 21:38:59 UTC
I myself have noticed that if the overview/neocom is off but effects on, then my FPS is ~30, but with the noecom/overview on and effects off in normal gameplay it's ~10-15. Something about the 2D items seems to use too much processing.

Try turning off the neocom and overview (I believe the default is CTL-F9, same will turn it back on) and see how much of a speed increase you get?
Romulus DK
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-01-28 00:11:08 UTC
Well it's a bit embarrassing, but the problem was caused by dust. Not the game, but dull IRL dust in my CPU cooler. Noticed that other games also was running slowly and tried the usual virus scan, driver update etc. Then checked my CPU temp and it was in between 75-80 degrees (Celsius). Cleaned all fans/cooler radiators from dust and the temp vent down to about 40 degrees. My FPS improved a lot, properly even better than before, since the dust must have been there for a while.

Writing this so other people having the same problems also would consider this as an solution.

Ant thanks a lot for your reply Amaloy Jeqcovy. :)