These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Proposal: Higher Penalties for High Security Space Attacks (Ganks)

First post
Author
Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#161 - 2011-10-25 00:14:13 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:

The very things you tell me not to do...they did in the first place.

Am I not entitlted to answer the accuser's?

You'd rather I roll over and just take it?

Understandable, Drake, that they started it so you want to finish it, but in a debate such as the forums are, isn't the place for that type of action.

And no, I would not like to have you roll over and take it, why? Cuz' you have the right to defend yourself, as we all do. But, you don't have the right to personalize that retort.

As it pertains to this debate, as soon as you, or anyone else resorts to personal attacks to make a point, they loose all right to be taken seriously. You of all people should know that.

If they resort to name bashing or humilation tactics, be the bigger man and ignore that type of action and use solid facts of the topic to defend yourself. I know you have it in you to do this.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#162 - 2011-10-25 00:21:29 UTC
Mortis vonShadow wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:

The very things you tell me not to do...they did in the first place.

Am I not entitlted to answer the accuser's?

You'd rather I roll over and just take it?

Understandable, Drake, that they started it so you want to finish it, but in a debate such as the forums are, isn't the place for that type of action.

And no, I would not like to have you roll over and take it, why? Cuz' you have the right to defend yourself, as we all do. But, you don't have the right to personalize that retort.

As it pertains to this debate, as soon as you, or anyone else resorts to personal attacks to make a point, they loose all right to be taken seriously. You of all people should know that.

If they resort to name bashing or humilation tactics, be the bigger man and ignore that type of action and use solid facts of the topic to defend yourself. I know you have it in you to do this.

Tell you what.....you see if you can get Jack to understand that....and I'll be more than happy to oblige.
I'm not above calling it good and backing off....but this has been going on for nigh 2 to 3 months now.

Just do a saerch..I'm sure you'll find it very easily...if they haven't been scrubbed by the GM's as of yet.

But none-the-less...valid point.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#163 - 2011-10-25 08:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Bumblefck
Drake Draconis wrote:

I already know I'm not when it comes to "Peeveepee".

He sure as hell isn't.

ZERO-SEVEN
ZERO-SEVEN
ZERO-SEVEN

Get some credibility and then come back. In that other thread you were constantly puffing up your chest and spouting about how great you were. Now you've got a little more humility, that's good. But, as others have said, you are extremely quick to attacks others personally, but get incredibly bent out of shape when others do it to you.

To OP: everything's working as intended

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#164 - 2011-10-25 10:51:25 UTC
This thread is still here?!

Oh well:

On topic:
- Passive Shield Tank your Hulk
- Have an Orca Provide Mining Boosts assigned as Squad Commander
- Have Nighthawk with Shield Harmonizing Links providing shield boost
- Basilisks providing shield buffs with shield maintenance bots will help
- Mechanics work as intended (if this makes the game too hard, you need to find a new game)
- If you don't want to risk a Hulk, passive tanked mining Rokh with Orca/Nighthawk support
- Pay attention to local and your D-scan
- Be mindful of CONCORD being spawned at other locations

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Angry Onions
League of Angered Gentlemen
#165 - 2011-10-25 16:31:57 UTC
To add in some tips Jack missed:
- Mine in odd locations, such as grav sites or grab a mission, clear it out of npc's, then mine it (thats 2 ways to get isk in one move!)
- If you mine in belts, then move a bit! Don't sit at the warp in point, thats begging for a ganking.
- Don't fall asleep!

If these previously mentioned tips n tricks don't work for you, contract everything you own to me ( ISK included) to me :D

S H I T P O S T I N G

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2011-10-25 17:09:43 UTC
You can mine with a completely untanked Hulk...just pay attention and always stay actively aligned with a planet or station or whatever. I used to just bounce back and forth between two places while I mined...never lost a Hulk but was jumped many times.

Now I make better money...no need for the Hulk.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821