These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar are going to become the crap, CCP wants retribution not balance

Author
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#221 - 2013-01-24 22:48:47 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Edit:

Shield Auto Rupture: 511 dps, 26.3EHP (warp disruptor II, medium neut), 511*26.3 = 13,439
Shield Blaster Thorax: 680 dps, 21.3k EHP (faint warp disruptor) 680*21.3 = 14,484

Rupture loses on EHP * DPS by 8%. Has a neut which outranges the heavy nuetron blasters. Longer point range (due to fittings requirements), but can hit into the tanking hole of the Thorax.

Once Rupture puts nuet on Thorax, it will cap it out in 35 seconds.
511*35 = 17,885 EHP - which means Thorax will cap out before fight is over.

Etc..

Conclusion: Shield Rupture > Shield Thorax.
bigboy boss
Doomheim
#222 - 2013-01-24 22:59:29 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Shield Auto Rupture: 511 dps, 28.7k EHP (warp disruptor II, medium neut), 511*28.7 = 14,665
Shield Blaster Thorax: 680 dps, 21.3k EHP (faint warp disruptor) 680*21.3 = 14,484

Rupture wins on EHP * DPS. Has a neut which outranges the heavy nuetron blasters. Longer point range (due to fittings requirements).

Rupture can also hit into the tanking hole of the Thorax.

Etc..

Omg, My eyes hurt.

The original argument was that a rupture isn't a good kiting ship, not that it can't brawl with a thorax. Once you try to fit a rupture to kite with speed mods it becomes extremely weaker and dies.

Once you fit a rupture to brawl then obviously it will win vs a kiting ship. But it also loses to all the other races brawling ships... badly I might admit.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#223 - 2013-01-24 23:18:16 UTC
bigboy boss wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Shield Auto Rupture: 511 dps, 28.7k EHP (warp disruptor II, medium neut), 511*28.7 = 14,665

Rupture wins on EHP * DPS. Has a neut which outranges the heavy nuetron blasters. Longer point range (due to fittings requirements).

Etc..

Omg, My eyes hurt.

The original argument was that a rupture isn't a good kiting ship, not that it can't brawl with a thorax. Once you try to fit a rupture to kite with speed mods it becomes extremely weaker and dies.

Once you fit a rupture to brawl then obviously it will win vs a kiting ship. But it also loses to all the other races brawling ships... badly I might admit.

It was claimed that the Thorax both brawled and kited better than the Rupture. Both have been shown to be false.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#224 - 2013-01-25 00:19:22 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
It was claimed that the Thorax both brawled and kited better than the Rupture. Both have been shown to be false.-Liang

Yeah if you're gonna fly shield, then Rupture > Thorax. It used to be Shield blaster Thorax > Shield autocannon Rupture because of ec-600 drones, but that sensor strength advantage has gone away.

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#225 - 2013-01-25 00:40:59 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
bigboy boss wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

Etc..

Omg, My eyes hurt.

It was claimed that the Thorax both brawled and kited better than the Rupture. Both have been shown to be false.

-Liang

Neither have been shown to be fale. EFT Warrioring is a tiny fraction of the game.

The thorax is faster than the rupture in any configuration, and has higher damage in practically every realistic fitting. The thorax has the speed to dictate range and the firepower to effectively use it... or not use it if it chooses.

Yes a medium neut hurts the thorax but ruptures have always had room for 2 neuts. The rupture was generally better due to its ability to stay out of the thorax 'kill zone' long enough to wear it down, then use neuts to dump the last of the thoraxs cap and finish it off. This is no longer the case.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#226 - 2013-01-25 01:19:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
The Thorax generally has the speed to get away, yes. It doesn't have the damage or EHP to kill a Rupture, all other things equal.

-Liang

Ed: Also, no. The Rupture didn't even previously need the two neuts to kill a Thorax. Not by a long shot.

bigboy boss
Doomheim
#227 - 2013-01-25 06:39:00 UTC  |  Edited by: bigboy boss
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Making up more stuff I see.

A ship that goes 1600 m/s when the competition are breaking 2000 m/s easy isn't a kiting ship.

By these definitions the moa or the maller are great kiting ships too.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#228 - 2013-01-25 06:47:13 UTC
Seeing as how people kite with Drakes, I'm pretty sure it is.

-Liang

bigboy boss
Doomheim
#229 - 2013-01-25 06:48:34 UTC  |  Edited by: bigboy boss
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Fit your rupture with two nanofibers and two webs and tell me its better than the thorax.

Also you are saying that because people took advantage of the drakes amazing damage projection, and used skirmish links to speed them up that the rupture is okay being 400 m/s slower than the competition? I hope you know the rupture isn't even meant to be a kiting ship, the fact that you still think it is shows how much you know.

I also hope you know that a drake is a battlecruiser and a rupture isn't. You can't compare the speeds durrrrr. My "kiting tempest" goes pretty fast... So I guess by your logic my armor harb is also a good kiter!

Like I said above, get the Moa, Vexor, and Maller and they will be better "kiting ships" than the rupture by your logic. Apparently speed is irrelevant to kiting.

I guess for you anything can be a kiting ship when all you do is gank T1 fitted ships that have afterburners.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#230 - 2013-01-25 07:22:35 UTC
bigboy boss wrote:
Apparently speed is irrelevant to kiting.

Aren't you the one that says things like "damage projection and speed don't matter - the Stabber sucks!"?

-Liang

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#231 - 2013-01-25 09:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
Let's take a look at your assertion that the Thorax is a better kiting ship than the Stabber. The Thorax is 20% faster than the Rupture, and the Stabber 20% faster than the Thorax. Any commentary about how the Thorax is superior due to speed is instantly invalidated by the commentary that the Stabber's speed is irrelevant.

Moving on: we will once again focus on which would win a theoretical 1v1, despite the fact that's probably not a good measure of the ships. Let's take a look at the vital stats.

Thorax: 2km/s, 22k EHP to Barrage, 210 DPS @ 24km, 77 seconds of capacitor required to fire the guns
Stabber: 2.4km/s, 20k EHP to Null, 220 DPS @ 24km, 120 of capacitor for the MWD

Thorax TTL: 100 sec
Stabber TTL: 95 sec

The only obvious outcome to me is that the Stabber will always be able to run away because it's faster.

From there, things get murky real quick. The Stabber has superior DPS at range, so unsurprisingly the Thorax's best plan is to drop drop the kiting strategy wholesale and bum rush the Stabber. The more time spent up close, the better chance of winning. As it is, even such relatively trivial issues as poor capacitor and drone travel time could spell doom for the Thorax.

The Stabber's best plan is, unsurprisingly, to kite the Thorax. The Stabber's ranged DPS advantage means that even a short time spent outside of 24km disruptor range will have a major impact on the fight. The longer the Thorax chooses to stay on the field of battle - or even worse, pursue the Stabber - the more likely it is to die.

It's worth drawing the distinction from a similar fight with the Rupture. The Thorax has superior damage up close, and the speed to unavoidably get there, but it's not superior enough to overcome the Rupture's larger tank or potential neutralizer. However kiting isn't really an option for the Thorax, because the Rupture has better ranged DPS.

Additionally, as the fight wears on the naturally weak capacitor makes it harder to actually utilize the Thorax's speed advantage. So ultimately, the Thorax will be able to run away early on but will have great difficulty actually killing the Rupture - or even escaping later in the fight.

Now at this point you're probably going to point out that the fight with the Thorax is basically it trying to DPS/EHP fight a brawler. However, the beauty of the Rupture is that it's got good DPS projection as well as pretty decent (but not great) speed. It should be able to stay on the field, avoid most things that can kill it, and kill most things it can't. You know, exactly like it's always done.

-Liang

Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#232 - 2013-01-25 10:24:27 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:

Stuff

Come on, your analysis is nice, but in the end, such "lab contitions" doesn't exist in EvE.

So in the end, the better player (or the one with more friends / support allies) will win, no matter the ship he is flying.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#233 - 2013-01-25 10:29:24 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Stuff

Come on, your analysis is nice, but in the end, such "lab contitions" doesn't exist in EvE.

So in the end, the better player (or the one with more friends / support allies) will win, no matter the ship he is flying.

I think that was his point.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#234 - 2013-01-25 15:42:56 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

People don't kite with drakes. Using an MWD and moving at 1000m/s isn't kiting, MWD for positioning is entirely different. Drakes buffer tank. kiting involves using a range advantage to mitigate damage. Drakes sit at long range and throw missiles, then soak up fire using EHP and logistics in fleets. Most solo/small gang drakes fit webs and slow targets down to get better missile damage... that's not kiting. Infact sticking 2 nanofibres on it barely makes any difference, but more BCS's makes a huge difference.

Faction 100MN fit's are another story. But that's always the case.
bigboy boss
Doomheim
#235 - 2013-01-25 16:36:55 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:

Thorax: 2km/s, 22k EHP to Barrage, 210 DPS @ 24km, 77 seconds of capacitor required to fire the guns

I think you mean Stabber 140 dps @ 24km.

I find it funny how you write an entire post with fake stats.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#236 - 2013-01-25 17:25:18 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

People don't kite with drakes. Using an MWD and moving at 1000m/s isn't kiting, MWD for positioning is entirely different. Drakes buffer tank. kiting involves using a range advantage to mitigate damage. Drakes sit at long range and throw missiles, then soak up fire using EHP and logistics in fleets. Most solo/small gang drakes fit webs and slow targets down to get better missile damage... that's not kiting. Infact sticking 2 nanofibres on it barely makes any difference, but more BCS's makes a huge difference.

Faction 100MN fit's are another story. But that's always the case.

You can kite just fine in a drake!
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#237 - 2013-01-25 17:50:29 UTC
bigboy boss wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

I do believe the Stabber fit in question is:
Stabber
4x 425s (Barrage), 2x LML (CN Inferno)
10mn MWD, Disruptor II, 2x LSE II
2x Gyro, 2x TE
ACR, 2x CDFE

-Liang

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#238 - 2013-01-25 18:07:13 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
bigboy boss wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Stabber
2x Gyro, 2x TE
ACR, 2x CDFE

-Liang

Similar gross EHP with LSE II, Adaptive Invuln II, and CDFE x 3 without a 10 million isk ACR?
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#239 - 2013-01-25 18:09:36 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
bigboy boss wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Stabber
2x Gyro, 2x TE
ACR, 2x CDFE

-Liang

Similar gross EHP with LSE II, Adaptive Invuln II, and CDFE x 3 without a 10 million isk ACR?

Slightly lower cap life too. Depends on if you wanna spend the 10m or not, I guess.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#240 - 2013-01-25 18:13:26 UTC
20 seconds of cap vs overheat ability. Personal choice. Shrug.