These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I was in line at Fry's Electronics

First post
Author
Rain6639
Team Evil
#1 - 2013-01-25 08:28:18 UTC
I was in line at Fry's and ahead of me was a little girl expressing her childish curiosity to her mom. "I wish I was born in another country, and not the USA. I didn't get to pick what country I was born in." Her mom is like, "why?" and the daughter continues,"Other countries are better." Now mom is aware that other people can hear the conversation, and she says,"other countries are weird." Her daughter is oblivious to everyone in line and asks what makes other countries weird.

I interjected: "SOME COUNTRIES MAKE LITTLE GIRLS WORK IN DIAMOND MINES!" there was a high school-ish girl and her dad behind me, and they heard everything. The girl snorted. Even the mom thought it was funny, so she leaned down to her daughter and repeated, "Yeah! Some countries make little girls work in DIAMOND MINES!"

I was just... so happy to be living my life in that moment.
Ronin Duskstar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-01-25 08:47:25 UTC
But other countries are better than the US......

Unless you're an Amurikan from Amurikastan.
Rain6639
Team Evil
#3 - 2013-01-25 09:06:23 UTC
there's a rumor going around in America that Australia has oil
Qaidan Alenko
Eezo-Lution Inc.
#4 - 2013-01-25 09:50:18 UTC
Sorry... Bush & Cheney are no longer in office...

Shocked... Oops

Was that my outside voice again?
Go ahead... Get your Wham on!!!
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-25 10:08:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
I live in OtherCountrystan, confirming that we are weird.

Every little girl is send into our diamond mines at the age of six where they will grow to become real women, which they demonstrate publicly by duct taping live otters to their heads-- the more, the better. The males (recognizable by wearing empty maple syrup cans on their heads that are adorned with blinking diodes) court for the females by wearing their underwear on the outside and trying to feed the female head-otters with strawberry muffins.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Juno Valerii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-01-25 11:28:06 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I live in OtherCountrystan, confirming that we are weird.

Every little girl is send into our diamond mines at the age of six where they will grow to become real women, which they demonstrate publicly by duct taping live otters to their heads-- the more, the better. The males (recognizable by wearing empty maple syrup cans on their heads that are adorned with blinking diodes) court for the females by wearing their underwear on the outside and trying to feed the female head-otters with strawberry muffins.


Sounds like the East Village in NYC.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#7 - 2013-01-25 11:32:30 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I live in OtherCountrystan, confirming that we are weird.

Every little girl is send into our diamond mines at the age of six where they will grow to become real women, which they demonstrate publicly by duct taping live otters to their heads-- the more, the better. The males (recognizable by wearing empty maple syrup cans on their heads that are adorned with blinking diodes) court for the females by wearing their underwear on the outside and trying to feed the female head-otters with strawberry muffins.


Sounds like a good night out in Amsterdam to me.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#8 - 2013-01-25 11:59:30 UTC
Rain6639 wrote:
there's a rumor going around in America that Australia has oil


There's a rumor going around in America that America has oil...

wumbo

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#9 - 2013-01-25 12:22:51 UTC
Rain6639 wrote:
"Yeah! Some countries make little girls work in DIAMOND MINES!"




Like what, all of 2 of them ? There are plenty of other countries.

Yet another attempt by the OP to generate a stealth political argument thread where none is allowed.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#10 - 2013-01-25 12:30:00 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Rain6639 wrote:
"Yeah! Some countries make little girls work in DIAMOND MINES!"




Like what, all of 2 of them ? There are plenty of other countries.

Yet another attempt by the OP to generate a stealth political argument thread where none is allowed.


also provided OP is telling the truth, he should learn some manners and not interrupt other people's conversations.

wumbo

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-01-25 12:49:12 UTC
Naw, now you killed that little girls dream to move to an actually good country. Here in Norway little girls and boys get to work in the best country in the world, with free heralthcare, education, and security. We also make rather good money on top of it.

Tbh, I should really get a monocle if I ever visit the US again.

Seriously though, the US has a lot of issues other first world countries fixed long ago, I am kind of shocked how it is over there.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#12 - 2013-01-25 12:52:31 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Naw, now you killed that little girls dream to move to an actually good country. Here in Norway little girls and boys get to work in the best country in the world, with free heralthcare, education, and security. We also make rather good money on top of it.

Tbh, I should really get a monocle if I ever visit the US again.

Seriously though, the US has a lot of issues other first world countries fixed long ago, I am kind of shocked how it is over there.


Agreed. It is not the same country I was born to in 1965 at all.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2013-01-25 12:54:01 UTC
Locking this, as political discussions are not allowed on these forums.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents