These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Smoke like a man, die like a man

Author
Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-01-25 10:55:56 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Rain6639 wrote:
Quote:
"Smoke like a man, die like a man."


so you're telling me women who smoke... will stop visiting their parents and die in their fifties saddled with a mortgage payment their ex-husband won in the settlement, and child support payments for children the ex-husband had with other women?

women should definitely quit smoking.


That is not the description of a man, but a big wuss.

Still baffles me why people still bother to smoke. Even when I was young it was very obvious it was a pretty bad idea to smoke.


Well, I smoked in the Marines... and dipped, and chewed... (and on one occasion dipped and smoked at the same time) in an environment where you have a real probability of dying in the blink of an eye the long term effects of smoking are kind of irrelevant


Seems like a pretty bad idea to get yourself into such a situation then :)

Tbh, I value my life a lot more than throwing it away in the military. But given the context, I guess smoking in the military is not really such a big deal... though I guess the lowered stamina is not too good if you gotta run for your life.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#22 - 2013-01-25 15:14:15 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Rain6639 wrote:
Quote:
"Smoke like a man, die like a man."


so you're telling me women who smoke... will stop visiting their parents and die in their fifties saddled with a mortgage payment their ex-husband won in the settlement, and child support payments for children the ex-husband had with other women?

women should definitely quit smoking.


That is not the description of a man, but a big wuss.

Still baffles me why people still bother to smoke. Even when I was young it was very obvious it was a pretty bad idea to smoke.


Well, I smoked in the Marines... and dipped, and chewed... (and on one occasion dipped and smoked at the same time) in an environment where you have a real probability of dying in the blink of an eye the long term effects of smoking are kind of irrelevant


Seems like a pretty bad idea to get yourself into such a situation then :)

Tbh, I value my life a lot more than throwing it away in the military. But given the context, I guess smoking in the military is not really such a big deal... though I guess the lowered stamina is not too good if you gotta run for your life.


Marines don't run for their lives, they charge the lines in the opposite direction.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-01-26 02:41:04 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Rain6639 wrote:
Quote:
"Smoke like a man, die like a man."


so you're telling me women who smoke... will stop visiting their parents and die in their fifties saddled with a mortgage payment their ex-husband won in the settlement, and child support payments for children the ex-husband had with other women?

women should definitely quit smoking.


That is not the description of a man, but a big wuss.

Still baffles me why people still bother to smoke. Even when I was young it was very obvious it was a pretty bad idea to smoke.


Well, I smoked in the Marines... and dipped, and chewed... (and on one occasion dipped and smoked at the same time) in an environment where you have a real probability of dying in the blink of an eye the long term effects of smoking are kind of irrelevant


Seems like a pretty bad idea to get yourself into such a situation then :)

Tbh, I value my life a lot more than throwing it away in the military. But given the context, I guess smoking in the military is not really such a big deal... though I guess the lowered stamina is not too good if you gotta run for your life.


Running for your life is a little hard wearing 70+ lbs of gear P

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Marie Hartinez
Aries Munitions and Defense
#24 - 2013-01-26 05:04:18 UTC
Smoked like a man in the Navy.

Quit smoking like a man because of my daughter.

Still going to die like a man.

With any luck, I'll live as long as my grandpa.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.

Marie Hartinez
Aries Munitions and Defense
#25 - 2013-01-26 05:12:35 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:


Seems like a pretty bad idea to get yourself into such a situation then :)

Tbh, I value my life a lot more than throwing it away in the military. But given the context, I guess smoking in the military is not really such a big deal... though I guess the lowered stamina is not too good if you gotta run for your life.


Can't say the military is that bad or a way to waste your life. 90% of the people I work with, including myself, are ex-military.

You get out of the military what you are willing to put in. I learned several useful skills and the GI Bill helped pay for both my degrees.

But, if you ask me, being in a combat zone is just not normal and should be minimized as must as possible.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-01-26 06:20:28 UTC
Marie Hartinez wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:


Seems like a pretty bad idea to get yourself into such a situation then :)

Tbh, I value my life a lot more than throwing it away in the military. But given the context, I guess smoking in the military is not really such a big deal... though I guess the lowered stamina is not too good if you gotta run for your life.


Can't say the military is that bad or a way to waste your life. 90% of the people I work with, including myself, are ex-military.

You get out of the military what you are willing to put in. I learned several useful skills and the GI Bill helped pay for both my degrees.

But, if you ask me, being in a combat zone is just not normal and should be minimized as must as possible.


I love combat zones Big smile

then again I might have issues

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Marie Hartinez
Aries Munitions and Defense
#27 - 2013-01-26 21:16:44 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:


I love combat zones Big smile

then again I might have issues


My first 7 years in the Navy, I was a nuke on a submarine. Actually, I was on 2 subs.

The 2 combat marines I work with think I'm a little off. Actually, everyone I work with thinks I'm a little off.

You could just be like me, and want the extra money that hazard duty, like a combat zone, provides.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.

Previous page12