These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar are going to become the crap, CCP wants retribution not balance

Author
bigboy boss
Doomheim
#201 - 2013-01-23 01:00:17 UTC  |  Edited by: bigboy boss
Ok, These cyclones do look okay... They have a little bit low DPS. And to be used at full potential they will need skirmish links which are probably going to have to be on-grid by the time these changes come through.

I had a laugh and agreed with what Suitonia said:
Quote:
Hurricane: More 'subtle' nerfs. Seems like CCP want to nerf it without all the retards noticing"

But what I'm worried about is the 120k ehp prophecy that does ~700 dps. Attention
Or the 50k ehp Myrm that does 1115 dps Shocked

falling alseep, will write more later.
wmpza1
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2013-01-23 07:20:19 UTC  |  Edited by: wmpza1
I think the cruiser rebalancing was for the most part really well done and has made the field a lot more level for everyone . The cane nerf/rebalance will hurt me quite a bit as its one of my favorite ships but I can understand why they are doing it.

Been playing with the new EFT builds . Is it my imagination or is the prophecy possibly good now ? My crappy eft fu results for the neut flavor gives you over 100k ehp / 300dps / +- 80% resists and damage variant seems more or less over 65k ehp / 600+dps / +- 80% resists ?
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#203 - 2013-01-23 07:59:31 UTC
wmpza1 wrote:
I think the cruiser rebalancing was for the most part really well done and has made the field a lot more level for everyone . The cane nerf/rebalance will hurt me quite a bit as its one of my favorite ships but I can understand why they are doing it.

Been playing with the new EFT builds . Is it my imagination or is the prophecy possibly good now ? My crappy eft fu results for the neut flavor gives you over 100k ehp / 300dps / +- 80% resists and damage variant seems more or less over 65k ehp / 600+dps / +- 80% resists ?

Apart from being slow as a brick I'd say the proph is looking to be quite good (too good) in many situations, both pve as pvp although drone boats are still limited in pvp ofcourse.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#204 - 2013-01-23 12:14:43 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
wmpza1 wrote:

Apart from being slow as a brick I'd say the proph is looking to be quite good (too good) in many situations, both pve as pvp although drone boats are still limited in pvp ofcourse.

If it gets a 4th mid i#ll be slapping a scan res scripted damp on it. Excellent way to protect drones.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#205 - 2013-01-23 12:19:38 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
wmpza1 wrote:

the prophecy will be quite good.

its only real drawbacks being that is slow as a brick through honey. Thus it will have a hard time catching anything that doesn't want to fight it and the dps it deals out is still relatively low (Post all the 2 ogre 2 hammer 1 goblin numbers you want, ogres are terrible)

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#206 - 2013-01-23 14:39:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralieus
Vilnius Zar wrote:
wmpza1 wrote:

Drones are also limited in PVE from what I understand (aggro), but yes the new prophecy will be a pain train in the right situations now compared to before it just plain didnt cut it. I was playing around with Harb on test server last night...that thing is a beast Shocked

Edit: Just found the KM's of a small fight I had with 2xThorax and a Omen with the new Harb shield fitted.
http://true-sansha.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=108853
http://true-sansha.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=108852
http://true-sansha.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=108851

Oderint Dum Metuant

bigboy boss
Doomheim
#207 - 2013-01-23 16:07:05 UTC
Aralieus wrote:

Drones are also limited in PVE from what I understand (aggro), but yes the new prophecy will be a pain train in the right situations now compared to before it just plain didnt cut it. I was playing around with Harb on test server last night...that thing is a beast Shocked

Edit: Just found the KM's of a small fight I had with 2xThorax and a Omen with the new Harb shield fitted.

Good thing somebody noticed. Too many ship fanboys in here that want their respective races to become OP and don't realize that isn't what balance means.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#208 - 2013-01-24 00:35:38 UTC
Someone took away your "I Win" button. *dirge*

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Noisrevbus
#209 - 2013-01-24 01:41:50 UTC
The second or third age of the croissant-gargling Gallente is here, rejoice!

You brought this upon yourselves, don't tell me i didn't try to stop you Roll.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#210 - 2013-01-24 01:43:44 UTC
bigboy boss wrote:
Aralieus wrote:

Good thing somebody noticed. Too many ship fanboys in here that want their respective races to become OP and don't realize that isn't what balance means.

Aralieus wrote:

T1 Guns, T1 mids, T1 drones. One could assume that the pilot had only low-moderate skills.

T1 Guns, but everything else T2. Oh yeah, and only a medium shield extender... on a cruiser.

T1 guns, and combined with the fact that he's the only one without drones on his KM means to me that he's the only one who remembered to launch drones, or who didn't call them back the moment they started taking damage.

All of those fits should have been able to T2 almost everything (if not everything, in the case of the Omen) with good fitting skills, just using the modules that were on there.

So we can assume the pilots were low SP, or at least only moderate SP.

I also notice that they only had close range ammo. The shield Harb is great for kiting at 20-30 KM with Scorch, picking enemies apart. They could probably barely touch you at that range.

And the only Harb loss I could find on the KB happened to be in the same system, and it was pimped with faction and deadspace mods, not to mention you actually had T2 guns (something none of them had, definite SP advantage in the fight).
The Harb in question
I don't think so much that this points out how OP the harb is, as how easy it is to crunch up newbs by using pimp fitted ships where you risk absolutely nothing on SiSi.

Also, quick question for Aralieus: did you have links? Those would also have skewed things further in your direction. You already had an advantage due to skills, ship (BC vs cruisers), and tactics whereas the only thing they had going for them was numbers.

I'm not shouting to all the world that the Harbinger is terrible, I'm just saying that this does nothing to prove that the Harbinger is overpowered.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#211 - 2013-01-24 01:44:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarnak Wulf
I was thinking about the poor old Rupture today as well as the new Armor changes and put this together:

High:
Dual 180 AC II x 4
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator
Mid:
Experimental MWD
Medium Cap Booster II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler
Low:
Medium Ancillary Armor Repper
800mm Rolled Tungsten Plate
EANM II
DC II
Gyro II
Rigs:
Medium ACR
Armor nano pump
Armor nanobot accelerator

450 DPS. 19k EHP but you inject 5400 armor over 52 seconds. The 1600mm plated, trimarked Rupture has 625 more overall armor HP then those two amounts added together but the fit above should move much more quickly and has a medium neut. the ship should survive long enough for the neut to shut down a Moa or Maller. The Vexor is another animal but most cruisers struggle against that monster in brawl range.
Wivabel
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2013-01-24 02:13:38 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Links will correct themselves soon enough. Just a playful poke. Karl in particular has taken to me the same way the croc took to Cpt. Hook.

I can't wait for links to eat a big fat nerf. And I don't mean the off grid links, because getting links on grid is not that hard. AAAALLLLLLL links need to eat a giant ******* nerf.

-Liang

2nd Down with Links all of em

WivLol

I am not sure if I am going to log in anymore.......

Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#213 - 2013-01-24 04:02:21 UTC
Also, quick question for Aralieus: did you have links?

No links, tbh I have never used them on that server and I can't wait till the death of OGB's everywhere

In regards to that 'pimped' harby, your correct I would never fly that on Tranq and it's not the fit I used for those kills but it was identical just all T2

Oderint Dum Metuant

Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#214 - 2013-01-24 06:03:22 UTC
Aralieus wrote:

No links, tbh I have never used them on that server and I can't wait till the death of OGB's everywhere

Good man, I can't wait until that time myself

Aralieus wrote:

In regards to that 'pimped' harby, your correct I would never fly that on Tranq and it's not the fit I used for those kills but it was identical just all T2

Fair enough. And don't think I'm bashing on you for picking on newbs. Just making a case for that it's not so much that the Harby is OMGWTFBBQOP as it was a case of you being a skilled pilot, them not being as skilled, you having high SP, and them not. Take that how you want to, I'm just saying that you had a couple advantages that compensated for their numbers.
Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#215 - 2013-01-24 09:21:57 UTC
So now, instead of just ROFLPWNing any other ship in the game, Minmatar ships are balanced.

And aside from delicious tears and toddler rage... how in HELL is that a bad thing for this game?

I'm mostly a caldari pilot with both hybrid and missile skills, and I love the possibility of flying a condor, or a merlin, or a kestrel, or a caracal, or a Moa, instead of just "Fly a rifter / stabber / rupture or die helplessly"

Now every ship is useful, and you can fly what you want, instead of what they force you to (if you want to survive an engagement)
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#216 - 2013-01-24 15:17:05 UTC
Goldensaver wrote:
Aralieus wrote:

Good man, I can't wait until that time myself

Aralieus wrote:

Fair enough. And don't think I'm bashing on you for picking on newbs. Just making a case for that it's not so much that the Harby is OMGWTFBBQOP as it was a case of you being a skilled pilot, them not being as skilled, you having high SP, and them not. Take that how you want to, I'm just saying that you had a couple advantages that compensated for their numbers.

I understand what you were saying and I agree, the new Harb is what the old Harb should have been tho.

Here is the fit I used:

[Harbinger, x13]
Power Diagnostic System II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Disruptor II

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Auxiliary Thrusters I
Medium Energy Burst Aerator I

Valkyrie II x5
EC-300 x5

I thought I recorded that fight but I guess not, I do have a clip of another one that I used the same tactics for however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMd7_GZyRyk

Oderint Dum Metuant

W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#217 - 2013-01-24 15:52:24 UTC
Dont use an invul, cap if life and dual lse is better anyways.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#218 - 2013-01-24 15:58:31 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

I highly doubt it has the grid for that.

Although it might since the fittings on LSE's are bullshit.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#219 - 2013-01-24 18:00:51 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

I highly doubt it has the grid for that.

Although it might since the fittings on LSE's are bullshit.

twin regoliths or if you are down for paying for faction LSE's they have better fitting.
bigboy boss
Doomheim
#220 - 2013-01-24 22:45:20 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
So now, instead of just ROFLPWNing any other ship in the game, Minmatar ships are balanced.

And aside from delicious tears and toddler rage... how in HELL is that a bad thing for this game?

I'm mostly a caldari pilot with both hybrid and missile skills, and I love the possibility of flying a condor, or a merlin, or a kestrel, or a caracal, or a Moa, instead of just "Fly a rifter / stabber / rupture or die helplessly"

Now every ship is useful, and you can fly what you want, instead of what they force you to (if you want to survive an engagement)

rofl. Get a clue and read the thread maybe before you post crap.