These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

No missile BS armor tanked

Author
Jason Coldheart
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-23 10:31:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Coldheart
Just wondering:

There are plenty shield ship using both turrets and missiles but there is no armor BS using missiles as primarly offensive fit, why?
Only one i recognize is typhoon and can't even fill all high slot wth em....

I feel the lack of it and would like to see at least one of these (empire or pirate) deployed in the next months

What do u think?
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#2 - 2013-01-23 10:40:03 UTC
How about, instead of a new BS, we let Fozzie take one of the old ones, redesign it to fit such a role better, and use that instead?
You mentioned the 'phoon, which has split weapons. It might get full missiles, and then you'd get your wish.

For the record, missiles are mostly a Caldari thing, while shield is mostly a Caldari&Minmatar thing, so outside T2 ships you shouldn't regularly find missile Amarr or Gallente ships.
The new Amarr destroyer has unbonused missile slots, but that's about it.

If you want a ship with armor tanking abilities through the roof and spewing missiles, check out this boat:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Damnation

Not battleship, true, but you can't have everything in the world.
Jason Coldheart
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-01-23 10:44:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Coldheart
Yeah i know there are amarr t2 ships using missiles, even legion can, and that's making even more strange to me that there is no bs able to do it at all....
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#4 - 2013-01-23 11:04:23 UTC
Again, the 'phoon actually does, just not very well (Due to weapon split etc).
Also, as I tried to explain (Maybe not very well either?), due to missiles being primary weapon of Caldari who uses shield, and only secondary weapon other places, you shouldn't expect many armourtanked missile battleships.
I would wager that the 'phoon will get full missile bonusses when Fozzie gets to rebalancing the battleships.

You'll probably get your wish at that time.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#5 - 2013-01-23 11:30:28 UTC
once again... Khanid Torpedo BS please :-P
Jason Coldheart
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-23 12:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Coldheart
Like ITTigerClawIK said Khanid uses missles (indeed Khanid navy BCU has same stats of Guristas and Caldari navy) so there should be nohing to wonder by discovering an "amarr" missile BS

One possible solution should be a new faction (khanid Navy) BS with such properties: missiles (with proper bonses x skill lvl) + armor tank

I always think it's better to increase number of ways ppl could play the game making their own style and since actually there is no BS with such capabilites this is one of them, of course developers can see this thing in way better prospective than any of us i guess :)
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#7 - 2013-01-23 13:00:47 UTC
yeh i like this one...
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#8 - 2013-01-23 15:21:32 UTC
it would be a super sacri

torp damage bonus with armour resist bonus :-P

and for the T2 Version it would be an additional cap recharge bonus with Torp ROF bonus.... ahh one can dream ^_^
Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#9 - 2013-01-23 15:27:30 UTC
T2 Khanid Torpedo Abaddon (Or super large OP HAC obscenely expensive)
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#10 - 2013-01-23 15:38:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakan MacTrew
I'm hoping the armageddon gets turning into the Harbingers big brother, with a TD/Drone bonus and a choice of using turrets or launchers, unbonused.

I really want a T2 Abaddon as a Khanid torp boat. SO many kinds of awesome!

Fozzie also described in the devblog back in november that the Typhoon is going to be a torp boat. My guess will be 6 launchers and I hope a TP bonus.
DJ P0N-3
Table Flippendeavors
#11 - 2013-01-23 15:45:47 UTC
Khanid Abaddon desired.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#12 - 2013-01-23 16:34:20 UTC
I was told that the abaddon apparently looks Awesome with the Khanid skin..

Torp Khanid baddon would be OP as **** though ^^

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#13 - 2013-01-23 16:45:16 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

i would have to disagree as being an armour tanked beast it would be fairly easy for other ships to get out of range of the beast, unless of course there was a decent tackle with web workign with it, that and torps dont do so good against anything smaller than a BS, it would be a close range fleet brawler.
Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#14 - 2013-01-24 22:37:16 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

i would have to disagree as being an armour tanked beast it would be fairly easy for other ships to get out of range of the beast, unless of course there was a decent tackle with web workign with it, that and torps dont do so good against anything smaller than a BS, it would be a close range fleet brawler.

It would stare directly at your soul... and then "RAGE" all over your corpse with an endless rain of 8 Torpedo launchers and 5 medium drones!.

Khanid Abaddon:
5% Cruise and Siegue missile launcher ROF per Amarr Battleship Level.
5% All resistances armor Per Amarr Battleship Level.

Arsenal Ship Bonuses:
5% Missile Damage Per Arsenal Ship level.

Role Bonus:
50% Flight Speed bonus to missiles.

Slots:
8/3/8

15000 powergrid 800 CPU
6000 shields, 11000 armor, 9000 Structure
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#15 - 2013-01-25 13:07:14 UTC
lol and people say my idea is OP lol, but being a khanid vessle sit would be Close range missile spec thus torps rather than cruise me thinks

Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#16 - 2013-01-25 15:31:44 UTC
Ager Agemo wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

It would stare directly at your soul... and then "RAGE" all over your corpse with an endless rain of 8 Torpedo launchers and 5 medium drones!.

Khanid Abaddon:
5% Cruise and Siegue missile launcher ROF per Amarr Battleship Level.
5% All resistances armor Per Amarr Battleship Level.

Arsenal Ship Bonuses:
5% Missile Damage Per Arsenal Ship level.

Role Bonus:
50% Flight Speed bonus to missiles.

Slots:
8/3/8

15000 powergrid 800 CPU
6000 shields, 11000 armor, 9000 Structure

I have two questions:

1 - Please name one ship, (other than Raven State Issue - which being a unique ship means it is exempt from thsi conversation,) that has more than 7 launchers.

2 - Is the reason you can't name one because it would be OP?

And in any case, you would want at least one mid for a TP, meaning 4 mids is a minimum. (Prop, Point, Web, TP)
Malcorian Vandsteidt
Alpha Trades
Solyaris Chtonium
#17 - 2013-01-25 16:48:24 UTC
This would be Fixed if they would simply add in the smaller factions navy ships to their navy stores (and pirate stores), Such as:

Khanid Navy - Amarr ships with sexy skins which use shields rails and misiles
Amatar Mandate - Amarr Armor ships which use... Missiles / Autocannons.. I think (Might be wrong I don't go there often)
Mordrus Legion - Haven't actually been to their space.

etc