These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

13 is an unlucky number

Author
Markku Laaksonen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-23 13:48:17 UTC
I've run all the number and by my estimate, the very second I hit 13 million SP earlier today, I was pulled over by a traffic cop. What terrible things have happened to you because of something to do with 13?

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2013-01-23 13:51:39 UTC
The pilot after reply #13 surely can tell a wicked story!

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#3 - 2013-01-23 13:54:24 UTC
When I received my 13th like, I went insane and Stole all the LIKES!

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

kes88
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-01-23 14:00:54 UTC
Markku Laaksonen wrote:
I've run all the number and by my estimate, the very second I hit 13 million SP earlier today, I was pulled over by a traffic cop. What terrible things have happened to you because of something to do with 13?

That is staggeringly unlucky. Most people only get pulled over for actual traffic violations. He must have known!!! Blink
Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#5 - 2013-01-23 14:12:25 UTC
Space Station 13 keeps exploding every time we put it back up, what are they even doing in that place, we just want to research plasma

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#6 - 2013-01-23 14:12:40 UTC
kes88 wrote:
Markku Laaksonen wrote:

That is staggeringly unlucky. Most people only get pulled over for actual traffic violations. He must have known!!! Blink

Cop was probably a Goon practicing his bubble-camping skills.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

luZk
Fivrelde Corp
#7 - 2013-01-23 14:18:02 UTC
Arrow x13

http://i.imgur.com/1dl4DM6.jpg

Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-01-23 14:25:26 UTC
Markku Laaksonen wrote:

Bull.

I arrived in this country on 13th, on flight number 13, and the last leg of the flight lasted 13 hrs. A week later I was living in a house #13. Though the 13th was a Saturday, not a Friday.

If 13 was an unlucky number, I'd be dead four times over by now.
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-01-23 15:51:58 UTC
Spent 13bil on ships in 2012.

They're all dead.
Covert0ne
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#10 - 2013-01-23 15:53:27 UTC
I undocked 13 times in 2012, to fill POS's.....

War Crime Syndicate are recruiting!

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-01-23 15:57:38 UTC
I foresee terrible things for the 13th poster of this thread O_O

No Worries

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#12 - 2013-01-23 16:20:34 UTC
My daughter became a teenager when she turned 13. It was awful.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#13 - 2013-01-23 16:21:44 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
My daughter became a teenager when she turned 13. It was awful.

Mine too! What a horrifying coincidence!

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

FeralShadow
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-01-23 17:35:07 UTC
Well.. My brithday is on the 13th of Jan.

When I turned 13, it was on Friday the 13th

I'm not any more unlucky than anybody else! It's all in your head.

As well as the voices.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-01-23 17:45:01 UTC  |  Edited by: ElQuirko
Scammed 14bil in ISK. Have lost 13bil of it. :mylife:

Okay, umm... there were thirteen fighter-bombers on my carrier at the point it exploded when I dropped on VFK-IV?

I've been forum banned 13 minus 10 times?

Dodixie > Hek

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#16 - 2013-01-23 19:13:36 UTC
Markku Laaksonen wrote:

Yes, you got pulled over because of your Eve skill points. And how did that little gem of knowledge pan out for you when you pled your case to traffic court?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#17 - 2013-01-23 19:41:13 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Markku Laaksonen wrote:

Yes, you got pulled over because of your Eve skill points. And how did that little gem of knowledge pan out for you when you pled your case to traffic court?

He was pulled over earlier today.

Traffic court is not that speedy.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#18 - 2013-01-23 19:57:44 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Markku Laaksonen wrote:

He was pulled over earlier today.

Traffic court is not that speedy.

It'll be 13 weeks until he sees the judge...

Sir Diablos
Requiem Knowledge
#19 - 2013-01-23 21:30:15 UTC
13 is my lucky number, so I'm afraid I cannot empathize with you.

...Or maybe that's because I'm a sociopath...

At any rate, yeah, 13 is cool.

I sometimes have to wonder when the harshness of space was replaced with the soft foamy feel of a theme park.

Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#20 - 2013-01-23 23:25:59 UTC
Just do as I do...I just blame everything bad on the GooniesBig smile
12Next page