These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drag and Resize Windows botton!

Author
Bayta Charante
#1 - 2013-01-17 04:17:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Bayta Charante
I don't know how many of you uses linux, but there is a feature that's awesome the thing I miss the most when I have to use windows.

Every window manager in linux allows you to drag, and move windows REALLLY easy.... just by pressing a key, and then clicking it. It makes work much comfortable, specially when you have many of them! Just like in EVE!!

I don't know maybe it would be THIS AWESOME to add this feature in the game.

Cheers

EDIT:
Here's a link to a video I did to show you how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhzA6T_d2w

0666: read and write for everyone!

Bayta Charante
#2 - 2013-01-17 22:09:56 UTC
Yeah.. I know this sounds silly now. but once you start using it.... IT IS PRICELESS...

Nebu Retski
Lead Farmers
#3 - 2013-01-18 23:48:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nebu Retski
Bayta Charante wrote:
I don't know how many of you uses linux, but there is a feature that's awesome the thing I miss the most when I have to use windows.

Every window manager in linux allows you to drag, and move windows REALLLY easy.... just by pressing a key, and then clicking it. It makes work much comfortable, specially when you have many of them! Just like in EVE!!

I don't know maybe it would be THIS AWESOME to add this feature in the game.

Cheers

I use Linux extensively and my answer is: LOL no, fix your UI before you go out and do something. There is really no need to move/resize stuff all the time. Such a shortcut could be even annoying if it is a too easy (i.e. 1 key) due to accidental use. If the shortcut is selected in such a way that it can't be accidentally used then the vast majority of people will not even know nor care about the shortcut, effectively making it a waste of dev time.
Bayta Charante
#4 - 2013-01-22 17:24:46 UTC
Nebu Retski wrote:

I use Linux extensively and my answer is: LOL no, fix your UI before you go out and do something. There is really no need to move/resize stuff all the time. Such a shortcut could be even annoying if it is a too easy (i.e. 1 key) due to accidental use. If the shortcut is selected in such a way that it can't be accidentally used then the vast majority of people will not even know nor care about the shortcut, effectively making it a waste of dev time.

The thing is that I usually play in 3 different computers, with 3 different screen resolutions, and factors (4:3 16:10 and 16:9) I can't get used to a "configuration" it would be most useful if I could set the windows in a more dynamic way... like in Linux, using a drag and resize botton

Rengerel en Distel
#5 - 2013-01-22 18:22:08 UTC
put eve in windowed mode, drag the corner or edge and you resize the window. not really sure what you're getting at.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Bayta Charante
#6 - 2013-01-23 13:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Bayta Charante
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
put eve in windowed mode, drag the corner or edge and you resize the window. not really sure what you're getting at.

No no... you are not getting it... I'll record a video of my linux desktop so everybody can understand it...

EDIT:
done. added the link on the first post

I know it might seam like a little thing, but it really helps out.

Wilhelm Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-03-01 16:20:41 UTC
Yes, this would indeed be a really great function! EVE is all about information and having quick access to this is key, this function will let you resize and move your windows much faster so you can get on with absorbing the information.
Bayta Charante
#8 - 2013-04-08 02:45:41 UTC
Here, take a look on this how fast I move the windows and resize them in just a sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jkpstx2BJ0

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#9 - 2013-04-08 09:14:43 UTC
hmmm, I like it, but think implementing will not be worth the time....

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Bayta Charante
#10 - 2013-04-09 13:40:02 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
hmmm, I like it, but think implementing will not be worth the time....

It's not hard to implement. They already have an built-in windows manager in the game.