These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Caldari Killboard Status

Author
Shaalira D'arc
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-01-21 16:39:28 UTC
Sorry to interrupt all the epeen and trolling hereabouts, but I have a serious question.

What happened to the Caldari Eve Kill board?

You can still see the Gallente killboard up and running. (Go Adolf?) Both the Minmatar and Amarr eve kill pages are still functioning. Nice kill/death ratio for the underdogs too, btw.

But what happened to caldari.eve-kill.net? Is Eve Kill part of the vast CCP-led conspiracy to undermine the State? Did the day-long loss of all systems send them into a '404, faction not found' error? Or did they move to something shorter and more fitting, like squid.eve-kill.net?
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#2 - 2013-01-21 16:55:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Who knows.. no one in CalMil that I know of has any control over it and I know it's crashed and lost it's database several times in the past, usually resulting in the KB being re-installed, however this last time it was never fixed and just left broken. It's been that way at least 2 months now.

You can still view kills @ http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=1295

[puts on tin foil wizard hat again] I think it was a evil conspiracy to stop our corp.. Back when we were active and growing and finally hit number two of top killing corps in Cal Mil for a month, the KB crashed and all the top killers were removed from the top of the KB and never replaced. X

Prior to that it was a great recruitment tool, having the corp logo being in the 2nd spot at the top of the KB.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
Villore Accords
#3 - 2013-01-21 17:50:38 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Interestingly, eve-kill doesn't count militia kills made by militia pilots in alliances. That said:

Amarr 8363
Test Alliance Please Ignore is No. 1 8250
Gallente 6985
Minmatar 5171
Caldari 3687

Add in militia alliance kills and I bet three of the four militias would be top 3 on eve-kill.net by a large margin.

FW is the place to be. Big smile
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#4 - 2013-01-21 17:57:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
X Gallentius wrote:
Interestingly, eve-kill doesn't count militia kills made by militia pilots in alliances. That said:

Amarr 8363
Test Alliance Please Ignore is No. 1 8250
Gallente 6985
Minmatar 5171
Caldari 3687

Add in militia alliance kills and I bet three of the four militias would be top 3 on eve-kill.net by a large margin.

FW is the place to be. Big smile


It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS.

Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK
X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
Villore Accords
#5 - 2013-01-21 18:24:53 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS. Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK

I guess you should move to 0.0 and have fun out there. It appears that's the type of fighting you want.
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#6 - 2013-01-21 18:30:15 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS. Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK

I guess you should move to 0.0 and have fun out there. It appears that's the type of fighting you want.


We used to have things called BC's in FW.. in a galaxy far far away a long time ago.. or something like that..
X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
Villore Accords
#7 - 2013-01-21 18:55:55 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS. Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK

I guess you should move to 0.0 and have fun out there. It appears that's the type of fighting you want.


We used to have things called BC's in FW.. in a galaxy far far away a long time ago.. or something like that..
It was very rare when people fought over L3 plexes with BCs. So, not a FW problem. And cruisers are worth flying now, so no need to fly BCs 23/7 any more.

Cat Casidy
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#8 - 2013-01-21 21:41:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Casidy
it would be nice if they'd come up with a bc level plex that wasn't full open, and more larges please.

that being said, in SPCA this month we've killed roughly 30 battleships, 80 bc's 13 carriers and 5 dreads, so no, it isn't all frig fights everywhere, you just need to get out more.

.

Deen Wispa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-01-21 22:02:39 UTC
Caldari KB is up for me.

Just perusing through this month's top corp killers, I notice there aren't alot of strong active independent Cal Mil corps. Shame.

And yes, it's easy to kill frigs/dessies. Would be nice to get more BC fights.

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#10 - 2013-01-21 22:45:31 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:
Caldari KB is up for me.

Just perusing through this month's top corp killers, I notice there aren't alot of strong active independent Cal Mil corps. Shame.

And yes, it's easy to kill frigs/dessies. Would be nice to get more BC fights.


They must of seen this topic, because it's been down a long time and I checked it as well after this post. Although looking at it being up, perhaps it was better down, there is a crap ton of red on it today.. Oops
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#11 - 2013-01-21 23:09:09 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
X Gallentius wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS. Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK

I guess you should move to 0.0 and have fun out there. It appears that's the type of fighting you want.


We used to have things called BC's in FW.. in a galaxy far far away a long time ago.. or something like that..
It was very rare when people fought over L3 plexes with BCs. So, not a FW problem. And cruisers are worth flying now, so no need to fly BCs 23/7 any more.



This. I didn't stop flying my drake because they nerfed hml's (hml's are still great, I use them on my caracals quite frequently). I stopped flying drakes because they buffed cruisers!

Not to mention, the HAM drake got quite a buff, and even with the incoming nerf (oh no, it lost a high slot a lot of people left empty anyways) it's still going to be a beast. Plus, I always flew my drake super nano, and the caracal is a better drake for how I fly (no tank, lots of speed and damage projection, AND it's got rainbow damage).
SAJUK NIGARRA
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-01-22 00:01:54 UTC
Mutnin wrote:


It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS.

Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK



Posting in a thread where I agree with Mutnin.
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#13 - 2013-01-22 00:15:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
chatgris wrote:
[
This. I didn't stop flying my drake because they nerfed hml's (hml's are still great, I use them on my caracals quite frequently). I stopped flying drakes because they buffed cruisers!

Not to mention, the HAM drake got quite a buff, and even with the incoming nerf (oh no, it lost a high slot a lot of people left empty anyways) it's still going to be a beast. Plus, I always flew my drake super nano, and the caracal is a better drake for how I fly (no tank, lots of speed and damage projection, AND it's got rainbow damage).


I didn't stop flying my BC due to any changes CCP made to the BC, but rather I simply have a very hard time finding any targets for them. Usually all I see out is frigs & dessies with cruisers here and there. This more than anything has caused me to not log in an play very much.

I'm a fan of BC's I always have been and a cruiser while some are very nice tend to be a lot more limited when dealing with small gangs than a BC is. I will say I'm not very happy with what they did to HML's & the Cane's pwr grid but that wouldn't make me stop flying them. It's simply no real targets for them these days as everyone is orbiting buttons in plexes.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#14 - 2013-01-22 00:36:45 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Well, I guess you and lock out agree. Personally, I have just as much, if not more, fun fighting destroyer vs destroyer than BS or BC vs BS or BC. And for that, factional warfare is the best it's ever been for me.

Though without trolling - if you like larger ship combat, in the rest of eve well, that's still dominant. What is stopping you from going elsewhere?
Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#15 - 2013-01-22 01:49:36 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Interestingly, eve-kill doesn't count militia kills made by militia pilots in alliances. That said:

Amarr 8363
Test Alliance Please Ignore is No. 1 8250
Gallente 6985
Minmatar 5171
Caldari 3687

Add in militia alliance kills and I bet three of the four militias would be top 3 on eve-kill.net by a large margin.

FW is the place to be. Big smile


It's mostly just frig kills anymore so quantity doesn't out do quality. It's easier to kill Merlins & Atrons than to kill BC's & BS.

Example that 8k of Amarr kills was just 313.25B ISK vs the 8k of Test kills which was 722.45B ISK


Are you saying that the many 1v1, 4v5, etc. nice frig fights require less skill than being the 47th Nyx pilot on killmail?!



Yes, I got trolled. Cry
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#16 - 2013-01-22 02:31:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

Are you saying that the many 1v1, 4v5, etc. nice frig fights require less skill than being the 47th Nyx pilot on killmail?!

Yes, I got trolled. Cry


I'm simply stating it's much easier to kill a frig than it is to kill that Nyx. Added to this there is much more risk on the line when fighting in ships bigger than frigs & destroyers. No one cares if they lose a frig or a destroyer but they start to feel it if they lose a number of BC's.

8 thousand kills is a lot of kills regardless but it simply doesn't have the same hurt factor when it's mostly T1 frigs & Destroyers rather than more expensive stuff.
SaltyandSweet
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#17 - 2013-01-22 02:43:27 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

Are you saying that the many 1v1, 4v5, etc. nice frig fights require less skill than being the 47th Nyx pilot on killmail?!

Yes, I got trolled. Cry


I'm simply stating it's much easier to kill a frig than it is to kill that Nyx. Added to this there is much more risk on the line when fighting in ships bigger than frigs & destroyers. No one cares if they lose a frig or a destroyer but they start to feel it if they lose a number of BC's.

8 thousand kills is a lot of kills regardless but it simply doesn't have the same hurt factor when it's mostly T1 frigs & Destroyers rather than more expensive stuff.

tbh hasnt the price of all BCs gone up recently? i can but alot of dessies and frings over 1 bc, especially the tier 3. i love some good ole BC action but i think for the wallet factor people prefer the frigs because its simple to go back to base rather than losing a BC and being like "**** i only have 4 more".

Im So Baller I Buy Plex Cuz im too lazy to do PVE!

Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#18 - 2013-01-22 02:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
chatgris wrote:
Well, I guess you and lock out agree. Personally, I have just as much, if not more, fun fighting destroyer vs destroyer than BS or BC vs BS or BC. And for that, factional warfare is the best it's ever been for me.

Though without trolling - if you like larger ship combat, in the rest of eve well, that's still dominant. What is stopping you from going elsewhere?


I've tried null sec, but these days it's far too dead.. The big Coalitions have killed null with their NAP's and the endless regions of BFF love trains . You have groups like .EXE whom take up entire regions like Cloud Ring and don't live there. a place just a few jumps away that I used to be able to go and get some random fights is now dead as it could possibly be, because the last pet got kick out over a year ago and .EXE just holds it for the moons.. Pure Blind is largely the same.

I used to keep an alt out in Syndicate, but that wasn't the same as regular null sec, it was much more like a slightly different low sec and the same kind of combat that happens in low. (ie lots of bait and gank with gay homosexual sex)

You say go somewhere different, but low sec was much better fighting than it is today. Low Sec has turned to Lazy Sec these days. Gate camps are far too prevalent and you rarely find roaming gangs. Most of the time it's just the same groups sitting in their same little stagnant systems camping the same gates day in and out.

Now days it's just sit on a gate or titian drop people if you have one, the game is filled with lazy fat kids.. Where can I go to get fights in BC's?.. because I honestly have no clue anymore, it used to be low sec FW space but not anymore..
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#19 - 2013-01-22 02:57:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
SaltyandSweet wrote:

tbh hasnt the price of all BCs gone up recently? i can but alot of dessies and frings over 1 bc, especially the tier 3. i love some good ole BC action but i think for the wallet factor people prefer the frigs because its simple to go back to base rather than losing a BC and being like "**** i only have 4 more".


BC have gone up a lot, but it's also much easier to make ISk than it ever has been. When we were running BC's gangs it was never really an issue for our newer pilots to afford them, it was just getting them able to fly it skill wise. The only guys that had any problems affording them were usually just to lazy to go run a few FW missions.

Granted they couldn't toss them away like a frig, but we were always very careful with our BC gangs because I didn't want to welp them all on a bad call. Which did happen at least twice... Lol
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#20 - 2013-01-22 07:14:11 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
SaltyandSweet wrote:

tbh hasnt the price of all BCs gone up recently? i can but alot of dessies and frings over 1 bc, especially the tier 3. i love some good ole BC action but i think for the wallet factor people prefer the frigs because its simple to go back to base rather than losing a BC and being like "**** i only have 4 more".


BC have gone up a lot, but it's also much easier to make ISk than it ever has been. When we were running BC's gangs it was never really an issue for our newer pilots to afford them, it was just getting them able to fly it skill wise. The only guys that had any problems affording them were usually just to lazy to go run a few FW missions.

Granted they couldn't toss them away like a frig, but we were always very careful with our BC gangs because I didn't want to welp them all on a bad call. Which did happen at least twice... Lol


welp is way to get respect and to have fun, just read forums !
12Next page