These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Dev Blog: The new era of Serenity

First post
Author
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-12-31 18:22:38 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
- snip - hurrr everyone is blue no wars lol - snip -

You may or may not have played JumpGate (classic). It was like that: a sandbox with open PvP but nearly the entire community volunteered to only PvP consensually. There was so much intel related to the PK's activities that for all intents and purposes it was an "all blue" server.

Like EvE, losing a ship was a big deal and relatively hard to replace.

Unlike EvE, if you hit objects, like the docking bay tunnel, you would self-splode.

More on topic: if the Chinese player base voluntarily sets everyone blue, then I'll bet there will be a bunch of players from TQ who would want to join Serenity ... OMG - I have entered flame war territory ...

Janus Mandu
Doomheim
#42 - 2013-01-03 13:32:30 UTC
Just out of curiosity. Why does china have their own server to begin with? Why can't Tranquility be world wide?
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#43 - 2013-01-03 16:19:14 UTC
Janus Mandu wrote:
Just out of curiosity. Why does china have their own server to begin with? Why can't Tranquility be world wide?

Government restrictions on content, especially what would be seen in local.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Hideyoshi Kinoshita
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-01-09 21:38:42 UTC
Greetings from Serenity,

I'm a Chinese who currently studies in US. So,I got accounts on both servers.

Serenity is much different from Tranquility. The most significant one is the single fact that it is literally Chinese-only. Thus, for people in different time zones like me will have a hard time to find people in US prime time.

Players ranged from 12 (that is the yougest i can confirmed) to about 40 to 50 I guess. The majority are fans of animes and manga as far as I can see.

Also, Chinese are famous for gold/isk farming and it is natural to see majority of the players focus on ISK-earning than pvp and other activities. Once my Incursus ran to an Enyo and scared it awayLol though most will choose to stand and fight.

http://killboard.nl/en/?a=home

this is the Chinese killboard by the way, courtesy of a player from the Netherlands.

There is also an US(maybe?) alliance in Serenity called Cry Some More.

PS: if you are interested to know more, message me. I am not a regular forum-goer I would say.

Hideyoshi Kinoshita
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-01-09 21:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Hideyoshi Kinoshita
and the worst thing in Serenity? No API yet.Cry

EDIT/Add:

For the future of Serenity, I would love to see more interaction between two servers and hopefully faster localization process for TianCity. Serenity is still stuck with Inferno with no API/Account Services, which is sad...
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-01-10 04:54:44 UTC
Hideyoshi Kinoshita wrote:

PS: if you are interested to know more, message me. I am not a regular forum-goer I would say.

Greetings.

I'm a long-time TQ player but would be quite interested in getting on the Chinese server, as I'm currently working in China (CCP give me a job in your Shanghai office!!). Language is no barrier (fluent in both EN and CN) but the website won't let me sign up as I need a government approved ID, so no go.

What workarounds are there to this? Would be interesting to get a new character up on Serenity to have a go at PVP there LOL
Tub Chil
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-01-10 12:07:16 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Janus Mandu wrote:

So is there a moderator in each system or what? what if someone writes Mao Sucks? is it reported or autobanned?
Hideyoshi Kinoshita
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-01-18 02:33:14 UTC
lollerwaffle wrote:

Greetings.

I'm a long-time TQ player but would be quite interested in getting on the Chinese server, as I'm currently working in China (CCP give me a job in your Shanghai office!!). Language is no barrier (fluent in both EN and CN) but the website won't let me sign up as I need a government approved ID, so no go.

What workarounds are there to this? Would be interesting to get a new character up on Serenity to have a go at PVP there LOL

The best solution I would say is to get your local friend to help with his ID card number. :)
Hideyoshi Kinoshita
Perkone
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-01-18 02:34:06 UTC
Tub Chil wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Janus Mandu wrote:

So is there a moderator in each system or what? what if someone writes Mao Sucks? is it reported or autobanned?

Sensitive stuffs like June 4 are censored and display as ****
Hideyoshi Kinoshita
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-01-18 02:37:20 UTC
lollerwaffle wrote:

Greetings.

BTW,i will be happy to help you with PVP on Serenity as I am a member of the (in)famous 3V (-Veni Vendi Vici-) alliance, one of the biggest pirate groups.

http://killboard.nl/en/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=476619

My latest sup cap kill. Still fresh hehe
Previous page123