These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Odd Food

First post
Author
Sriracha Nighthawk
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-01-17 01:19:39 UTC
Look up puto. You won't regret it. :P

"Kind of like the Caldari version of Adama I guess." -Kairavi Mrithyakara

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-01-17 01:29:38 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:
Had whale once, didn't like it.

What kind of whale?

Pilot whale tastes a little bland as does the southern right whale.

Good ol' Humpback is pretty tasty, Sperm whale comes in at a close second but it's a little disturbing eating something with Sperm as it's namesake Ugh

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-01-17 05:42:09 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Sperm whale comes in at a close second but it's a little disturbing eating something with Sperm as it's namesake Ugh

You know you love it.

My father is quite fond of strawberry jam, roast ham and chili relish sandwiches. He says eating it together compacts breakfast.

Im afraid im too boring in my food tastes.

Though i do love marmite.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#24 - 2013-01-17 06:34:35 UTC
i love nutella.
Assyria Chakaid
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-01-17 06:45:09 UTC
Strips of steak (usually the cheapest the gorcery store had) mixed with a whole box of white rice... DOUSED in BBQ sauce.

My old roomate and I called it "Bachelor Chow."
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-01-17 10:15:46 UTC
Graygor wrote:
Sperm whale comes in at a close second but it's a little disturbing eating something with Sperm as it's namesake Ugh

You know you love it.

My father is quite fond of strawberry jam, roast ham and chili relish sandwiches. He says eating it together compacts breakfast.

Im afraid im too boring in my food tastes.

Though i do love marmite.

I agree on the marmite Big smile

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Klown Walk
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-01-17 13:24:38 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:
Had whale once, didn't like it.

What kind of whale?

Pilot whale tastes a little bland as does the southern right whale.

Good ol' Humpback is pretty tasty, Sperm whale comes in at a close second but it's a little disturbing eating something with Sperm as it's namesake Ugh

No idea, a friend brought it too me.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-01-17 13:35:45 UTC

I agree on the marmite Big smile

I knew there was something I liked about you, beyond all the remarks that give me smiles.

Marmite is win.

Its our worlds equivalent of Dwarf Bread. Lol

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#29 - 2013-01-17 16:13:43 UTC
Back when I used to eat just about anything that's bad for you if I fancied it, I sometimes made a spam grilled cheese: thinly slice spam, pan-fry it nice and brown, then make grilled cheese sandwich with the spam wedged between the cheese. I think I can feel a heart attack coming just thinking about it Shocked

Another thing that I loved to do is buttered slices of bread with some Maggi sauce sprinkled on top.

Something that is not weird but that is just too awesome for people not to know about: super simple garlic bread! Throw a slice of bread in the toaster - it has to be toasted so it is a bit crunchy, not too soft still. Then take a garlic glove and rub it over the bread slice. The bread will act like a grater and will get all garlick-y. The more you rub, the better! Then spread some butter (or whatever you substitute) on it and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Or some Cayenne or whatever takes your fancy. Done!

CCP Shiny \ Producer NES Localization Services \ @ccp_shiny

Mark Munoz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-01-17 22:48:47 UTC
I LOVE lays and cottage cheese. Use the lays to dip in the cottage cheese as if it were a dip.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#31 - 2013-01-17 23:27:54 UTC
Mark Munoz wrote:
I LOVE lays and cottage cheese.

That can totally be taken out of context :)

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Safai
Yaqin
#32 - 2013-01-17 23:54:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Safai
Not really odd, but here's a simple appetizer food for bachelor and family man alike:

Fried Hot Dog Stars!

The cheese sauce is reasonably simple too, just don't stop stirring since it'll stick the pan prettymuch instantly as it cooks.

(Not my gallery, but found on Reddit and recreated to delicious success)
Crushinatorama
Locusts.
#33 - 2013-01-18 03:13:52 UTC
I love scrapple a.k.a. pon haus. My grandpa used to make it from scratch and the best was to eat it while it was still like a porridge and hadn't set. But it always good fried up afterward.

For those of you who don't know, scrapple is all the bits and odd ends of a pig, my grandpa would use a lot of face meat and liver, ground up and cooked with corn meal and other flours and then set into loaves to be fried up for breakfast later.

Growing up I also ate a lot of "monkey bread" pilsberry cinamon rolls cooked in the microwave oven.

I now live as an expat in China and have since put just about every animal in my belly. This is just a list of things that I am sure I have eaten.

dog
duck tongue
duck neck
duck blood
duck brains
pigs blood
pigs intestine
chicken anus
chicken feet
chicken fetuses (It's considered lucky if there are feathers on the chick when you break the egg.)
sea cucumbers
fish heads
carp
rat
soft shell turtle - including the shell
jelly fish
snake
tree ears
crane
horse
stinky tofu - something I haven't quite gotten the hang of

The list goes on I am sure, but I have been here too long to remember all the good stuff I have eaten (almost 4 years) and probably some of it seems common place to me now.

Chinese are usually surprised by my willingness to at least try anything. This is when I tell them I have eaten panda. That always freaks them out. Then they ask me if it was tasty. I tell them of course it is tasty even pandas like the taste of panda. (Of course, I have never eaten panda)
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#34 - 2013-01-18 03:34:24 UTC
You win.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#35 - 2013-01-18 03:56:25 UTC
what are "tree ears?" lol
Crushinatorama
Locusts.
#36 - 2013-01-18 04:07:03 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
what are "tree ears?" lol

Tree Ear

Jew's Ear

Cloud Ear Fungus
Aerethir El-Kharisti
#37 - 2013-01-18 22:17:50 UTC
Crushinatorama wrote:
I love scrapple a.k.a. pon haus. My grandpa used to make it from scratch and the best was to eat it while it was still like a porridge and hadn't set. But it always good fried up afterward.

For those of you who don't know, scrapple is all the bits and odd ends of a pig, my grandpa would use a lot of face meat and liver, ground up and cooked with corn meal and other flours and then set into loaves to be fried up for breakfast later.

Growing up I also ate a lot of "monkey bread" pilsberry cinamon rolls cooked in the microwave oven.

I now live as an expat in China and have since put just about every animal in my belly. This is just a list of things that I am sure I have eaten.

dog
duck tongue
duck neck
duck blood
duck brains
pigs blood
pigs intestine
chicken anus
chicken feet
chicken fetuses (It's considered lucky if there are feathers on the chick when you break the egg.)
sea cucumbers
fish heads
carp
rat
soft shell turtle - including the shell
jelly fish
snake
tree ears
crane
horse
stinky tofu - something I haven't quite gotten the hang of

The list goes on I am sure, but I have been here too long to remember all the good stuff I have eaten (almost 4 years) and probably some of it seems common place to me now.

Chinese are usually surprised by my willingness to at least try anything. This is when I tell them I have eaten panda. That always freaks them out. Then they ask me if it was tasty. I tell them of course it is tasty even pandas like the taste of panda. (Of course, I have never eaten panda)

Unbeatable, except when I was little, I sometimes ate beetles. Okay, I'm officially weird, as I did not cook them or prepared them like they do in other places on this planet. But then you can say I was the first raw food eater :D

With great power comes great electricity bill.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-01-19 06:27:07 UTC
I've had ostrich! Big smile

Also crocodile... which tastes like chicken ironically Straight

Hrothgar Nilsson
#39 - 2013-01-19 07:13:37 UTC
Sometimes I like to take little sips of Kikkoman soy sauce. It's just so damn good.

I also like to chase clear liquors with pickles or pickle juice.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#40 - 2013-01-19 09:15:11 UTC
My GF likes to take my homebrewed dark beer and mix it with chocolate ice cream. Oo

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Previous page123Next page