These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Miners. FORCE THE CHANGE

Author
The Apostle
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-25 00:56:10 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
FORCE THE CHANGE

Stop whining. Stop crying. Stop giving gankers the pleasure. Stop making posts about how bad people are.

Use the same game mechanics you're losing to, grow some balls and start a supply embargo.

Effective start date - 1 November.

Follow these 3 steps.

1) Buy up Isogen in every station with every ISK you have.
2) Stop Mining.
3) Actively gank ANY miner/hauler that works against the embargo.

Pass it on. I will personally be visiting as many systems as possible over the next few days linking this post. MAKE it happen.

NO MORE CRYING ABOUT IT.

Word of advice. DO NOT respond to the trolls in this post. Let them play their childish games - among themselves.

OBJECTIVE: If CCP have NOT made changes to industrial suicide ganking by the New Year, unsub and state 1 reason only - Suicide ganking.

Game on....

EDITS:
G&&ns will be assisting in this campaign. USE this...
We stand to lose nothing. We fail, the status quo remains. Stay the course.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#2 - 2011-10-25 00:56:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Do you ever stop posting terrible, terrible posts?
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-10-25 00:59:10 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Do you ever stop posting terrible, terrible posts?

Never stop posting.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-25 01:01:38 UTC
RAGE AGAINST THE (goon) MACHINE
Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#5 - 2011-10-25 01:08:16 UTC
I agree with the OP premise.

I also think the whole thing is REALLY AWEsome sandbox story.

Miners and industrialists should have enough economic resources to shutter their operations for a month or two and put the economy in a state of crisis in a bid to bring the forces of the empire (concord) into action.

And even if you don't like PVP, or ganking.. if you like the idea of a sandbox MMO with real player economies etc this is a wonderful thing,, just like tornados and earthquakes in Sim city etc.

--- the game has thrown something at industrialists that forces change.. .. all the better that whats happend came from players to make for some real intrigue.

No one has to pvp.. they can just change to other activities outside of the isotopes an perhaps fly different ships or close their research facitilites etc.. but there is more they can do in the game.

Andre Jean Sarpantis
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-10-25 01:09:28 UTC
Err No....won't gunna happen...cause Miners are.....sorry to say so hardheaded and selfconcentrated and not careing about their surroundings what is going on....so...only way to get this thing working would be....just first the industrials stop building new mining ships aka barges and Exhumers then let the miners not willing to stop mining get ganked off and beeing without any new ships, so no new ships, no more mining so no more Ore so no more Minerals etc etc etc.

Finaly no more productions and all will come to a complete halt.

Oh, and before those genious superduper intelligent posts come in....refining Loot and stuff won't do it according to the whole masses required to build ships so ...even mission runners would have to run missions and refine the loot for 23/7 for days to beeing able to build a freaking single ship P
T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2011-10-25 01:10:51 UTC
The Apostle is the sole reason the dislike button should be added to the forums.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#8 - 2011-10-25 01:11:11 UTC
Yes. Pick the mineral where mining has the least input. That'll surely show them… Lol
Tanya Fox
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-10-25 01:13:29 UTC
You're obviously not a miner.

Miners ganking, those too just don't mix.

Nice try though.
destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#10 - 2011-10-25 01:16:29 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
FORCE THE CHANGE

Stop whining. Stop crying. Stop giving gankers the pleasure. Stop making posts about how bad people are.

Use the same game mechanics you're losing to, grow some balls and start a supply embargo.

Effective start date - 1 November.

Follow these 3 steps.

1) Buy up Isogen in every station with every ISK you have.
2) Stop Mining.
3) Actively gank ANY miner/hauler that works against the embargo.

Pass it on. I will personally be visiting as many systems as possible over the next few days linking this post. MAKE it happen.

NO MORE CRYING ABOUT IT.

Word of advice. DO NOT respond to the trolls in this post. Let them play their childish games - among themselves.

OBJECTIVE: If CCP have NOT made changes to industrial suicide ganking by the New Year, unsub and state 1 reason only - Suicide ganking.

Game on....

Maybe you should stop whineing crying etc play the game grow some balls and actually pvp them without whineing constantly because you didnt get a lollipop from the candy store.
Skaz
Skazmanian Industries
#11 - 2011-10-25 01:18:34 UTC
This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Also, won't work, wrong mineral, and seriously just let the Goons have their fun, skip mining ice and seriously mining hasn't been dented beyond ice mining in a couple of systems by their actions.

This is a phase that'll pass, and then we'll see whining about something else.

-... ..- -.-- / -- -.-- / ... - ..- ..-. ..-. / --- -. / - .... . / -- .- .-. -.- . - / - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / ... .... .- -- . .-.. . ... ... .-.. -.-- / ... - --- .-.. . -.

Byteflux
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#12 - 2011-10-25 01:18:53 UTC
Nice manipulation attempt on isotope prices. Would have probably worked if your poasting wasn't so terrible.
Andre Jean Sarpantis
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-10-25 01:19:30 UTC
Oh...on a side note...to all the PvPers which reading in here...what do you think would happen if nobody would mine out of a sudden?

Just beeing curious about the input from yours P
SilentSkills
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-10-25 01:21:56 UTC
I support this product and/or service

If only it would happen Roll....
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#15 - 2011-10-25 01:24:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Why does everyone say grow some balls?

Seriously ever had them and get kicked by them. they hurt.

Grow what the girls have, at least that thing takes a pounding. :P

Now onto your slight problem

Do you know what would happen if miners stopped mining rocks?
TBH about nothing major almost.
As one to put it, the worst problem with miners that they're competing against those who mine with thier guns.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2011-10-25 01:25:24 UTC
i endorse the apostles plan to have miners gank each other, a++

~hi~

Handsome Hussein
#17 - 2011-10-25 01:27:46 UTC
Miners! For 50 million ISK I will gank the high-sec belt miner of your choice!*

* Offer applies to single target in high-sec. Results not guaranteed. Offer void in Utah.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-10-25 01:29:07 UTC
Andre Jean Sarpantis wrote:
Oh...on a side note...to all the PvPers which reading in here...what do you think would happen if nobody would mine out of a sudden?

Just beeing curious about the input from yours P

Everyone would still have minerals due to 76% (according to the last QEN, IIRC) of them coming from the Drone Regions.
SilentSkills
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-10-25 01:29:10 UTC
Skaz wrote:
This is blasphemy! This is madness!

MADNESS? THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYVIWz99I
Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#20 - 2011-10-25 01:33:03 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Why does everyone say grow some balls?

Seriously ever had them and get kicked by them. they hurt.

Grow what the girls have, at least that thing takes a pounding. :P

Now onto your slight problem

Do you know what would happen if miners stopped mining rocks?
TBH about nothing major almost.
As one to put it, the worst problem with miners that they're competing against those who mine with thier guns.

I don't understand why people couldn't just go into a post apocolptic mode for a month or two and play the game in an entirely different way.. wouldn't that be exciting as heck to have ablsolutely everything turned askew until new solutions were sorted out... perhaps broad player coalitions creating safe pockets etc.

123Next pageLast page