These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

INSURANCE EXTEND THE TIME OF COVERAGE OR LESSEN THE COST FOR CURRENT COVERAGE

Author
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-01-16 00:10:19 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Remove insurance.

Edit: I think I'm going to make this my signature Lol.

+1
Alua Oresson
Alcorp Unlimited
#22 - 2013-01-16 11:32:33 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Remove insurance.

Edit: I think I'm going to make this my signature Lol.

+1

Indeed, let us penalize newer players by removing a mechanic that allows them to PVP more easily. You won't penalize older players by much doing this. Older players typically will fly the more blingy T2 or T3 ships that have much less of their price covered by insurance anyways.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#23 - 2013-01-16 12:02:59 UTC
Might i Suggest (once again) a "No Claims Bonus" the longer you go on insureing without claiming the less it costs for insureing new ships resetting only when you loose another insured ship.
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#24 - 2013-01-16 14:33:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Griffin Omanid
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Might i Suggest (once again) a "No Claims Bonus" the longer you go on insureing without claiming the less it costs for insureing new ships resetting only when you loose another insured ship.

You mean you start with 200 % pay in, and with every insurance which runs out without payout it will reduced by 10 % until 50%, and if you loose an ship and you got paid by your insurance, the coast for new Insurances rises by 100 %.

The rise need to be so high to protect a bit before excessive abuse of the insurances. F.e. you could insure 15 cheap frigs over 3 month and then make a cheap insurance for a Capital.

A similar way like car insurances work. The longer you drive your car without accident the cheaper it gets, but as soon as your insurance need to pay for anything you rise fast.
Technically this would also be just one value bound to one Char, something like insurance classes.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#25 - 2013-01-16 16:05:31 UTC
well i was thinking more timed over a longer period rather than per ship you insure.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#26 - 2013-01-16 17:00:49 UTC
Why not make the insurance an iterating and un-removable thing like your corporation rental fees?

Once you commit to your insurance the only thing that makes the insurance go away is the ship's demise and you start with a monthly fee of 200% of the premium insurance and after 6 months you'll get the monthly lower fee down to 50% and after a year down to 25% at the lowest but it will charge you every month never the less.

And for all you stupid people looking for isk sinks, my wallet is always starving, sponsor the poor and get fights or videos in return.

There you go, you have a sink!

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Tia Arnette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-01-17 16:30:04 UTC
I think the whole insurance thing is poop anyway, the cover is so small & I really don't know how it's worked out but I'd be suprised if you could buy enough minerals/ore to make a replacement even with l5 skills in everything.

true it helps a little for the starter ships fitted with lowtech cheap ass modules. so okay for those just starting out in the world of eve. But as soon as you so much a sniff faction or tech2 the insurance dosn't cover s*** & is not worth it.
In my main chars hanger as an average a 200mill ship with 200mill+ worth of shineys (so 400ish mill) the insurance is roughly 10mill quarterly cost with 20(ish) mill pay out, so I might get a 20mill payout to soften the blow of losing 400mill worth of ship... whoop de do.

I would imagine this would be even more the case for the big industrial ships. Whats the payout for the orca & frieghters v what you can buy / build them for.

I havn't even bothered trying to do the maths on my shiney tengu with deadspace modules.

Dosn't take a genius to realise this really isn't worth it. If your flying rifters in null & getting through them on a daily basis then thats a different story & insurance is a good idea. if your flying a rifter in null for 3 months without losing it then chances are it's been living in your hanger or you don't play eve much. so for me the duration isn't the problem it's the payout.

So my conclusion is I don't fly with insurance & havn't done for awhile. Basically I just try to make more isk than I lose. It's a fine line, when in low sec or null I lose ships more often but the isk making opportunities are much better than high, when in high I rarely lose a ship but I need to grind for much longer.

Swings n roundabouts which I believe is exactly what ccp wanted.

maybe a better way of thinking would be to forget about it being called insurance & instead think of it more as a mate down the pub who says 2 to 1 odds, I bet you 10 mill you lose your ship in the next 3 months & you either say yay or nay.

Previous page12