These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Where is EvE going?

Author
Giro Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2013-01-14 16:49:18 UTC
Doddy wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Up the ziggurat lickety split

So, it didn't mean anything to you, then?
You know, when we made love on the snooker table behind the bins.

I'm having a woman's period
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2013-01-14 17:13:59 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Pitrolo Orti wrote:
EvE is dying...Dust bunnies will steal our spaceships soon

Watch out!

I have a dust bunny. He can stand facing an opponent for 20 minutes firing an AR and not hit ****. DUST bunnies aren't going to be taking any of Gogela's spaceships in the foreseeable future. Promise.

Edit: I'm killing in Halo 4 at about 5:1 atm... in dust? If I break even it's a firickin' miracle.

It takes some serious getting used to. I'm definitely gonna have to dig up a new keyboard and mouse to play it. The problem is (which I don't think is a problem at all) a lot of console FPS games have really heavy aim assist because controllers are ****. DUST doesn't appear to have any aim assist at all, and I think it's a good thing, it means you have to aim and can't just get kills by spamming an AR or DMR or just pulling the trigger on a rocket launcher (except I think the HMG and Mass Drivers make them all moot points in the end....).

Aim assist is horrible, every fps I've played I always turn it off. Lagshooting is way easier to manage without aim assist hurting that process.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#43 - 2013-01-14 21:39:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Murk Paradox wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Pitrolo Orti wrote:
EvE is dying...Dust bunnies will steal our spaceships soon

Watch out!

I have a dust bunny. He can stand facing an opponent for 20 minutes firing an AR and not hit ****. DUST bunnies aren't going to be taking any of Gogela's spaceships in the foreseeable future. Promise.

Edit: I'm killing in Halo 4 at about 5:1 atm... in dust? If I break even it's a firickin' miracle.

It takes some serious getting used to. I'm definitely gonna have to dig up a new keyboard and mouse to play it. The problem is (which I don't think is a problem at all) a lot of console FPS games have really heavy aim assist because controllers are ****. DUST doesn't appear to have any aim assist at all, and I think it's a good thing, it means you have to aim and can't just get kills by spamming an AR or DMR or just pulling the trigger on a rocket launcher (except I think the HMG and Mass Drivers make them all moot points in the end....).

Aim assist is horrible, every fps I've played I always turn it off. Lagshooting is way easier to manage without aim assist hurting that process.

Yah, aim assist is terrible in any game and if you are playing people it should always be off. That's a given. Aim assist is for 5 year olds killing NPCs in the campaign mode, or for people who have never played a FPS before. The reason I don't hit anything with an AR in DUST is known to me... it's deliberate on the part of CCP and it makes the game suck when you start playing it. I'd post a rant with the explicit details but they still, for some stupid reason, have an NDA covering it. Next week when it's in open Beta I'll start bitching. Suffice it to say, the aim problems in DUST with hitting targets are not due to auto-aim or inability to aim, but rather by design.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Presidential Spokesman DeGaulle
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-01-15 00:33:22 UTC
still the wrong way each time to send in a petition.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#45 - 2013-01-15 00:57:46 UTC
Presidential Spokesman DeGaulle wrote:
still the wrong way each time to send in a petition.

If you are referring to what I said, there's nothing to petition. I can't / won't elaborate here because of the NDA, but there's a reason it's the way it is. Unfortunately it makes the player control seem worse than it actually is. Read this ( https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=470821 ) if you can and are interested.

Daniel Whateley
#46 - 2013-01-16 12:41:44 UTC
EvE isn't going anywhere, theres usually 30k players online, it actually used to be only 3k players when it first released, and the ships were horrid, there wasn't any "double click" navigation in space either, there was only orbit, the rats were terribly hard, ships were incorrectly balanced, it takes time to even everything out in a game, that's why the changes are taking place, not because of players saying so, just cause ccp wants the game to be fair for everyone, and wants more players to play, so they're making it easier for new players to play the game and take more responsibilty in their ships, just like the ibis, i was pvping one day with that thing, and i instajammed a zealot and drake with a minmatar jammer.. actually they were perma jammed, i was loling at it, our 3 thrashers tore them apart after that, not saying newbies should take ibis's out, cause even griffins got a buff now to make them more fun rather than just a target.
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#47 - 2013-01-16 12:57:02 UTC
I heard that CCP is developing a Nintendo Wii client to control fancy space vampire clans roaming the stations and sucking the life out of market bot characters. It's just happening behind that door. Listen closely.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Greg Arosa
Sebiestor Tribe
#48 - 2013-01-16 13:15:13 UTC
Gogela wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE has done nothing but grow for 10 years.

WoW lost 2 million subs last year.

One might note that WoW had 2 million to loose. We're still < 1/2 million XD

Is that bad? You need more players in EVE or something? Is CCP experiencing financial problems? I dont see why having 500k players instead of 10mil is somehow bad.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#49 - 2013-01-16 16:14:41 UTC
Greg Arosa wrote:
Gogela wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE has done nothing but grow for 10 years.

WoW lost 2 million subs last year.

One might note that WoW had 2 million to loose. We're still < 1/2 million XD

Is that bad? You need more players in EVE or something? Is CCP experiencing financial problems? I dont see why having 500k players instead of 10mil is somehow bad.

More players = more developers = more EvE. That's all I'm sayin'... Big smile

MR DEMOS
Pyke Syndicate
Solyaris Chtonium
#50 - 2013-01-16 18:28:38 UTC
personaly i think CCP's way of balancing stuff is Bullshit. Take for instance all the indy guys who trained up the datacore agents... Useless training now can't do a thing with it. PVE Missions lvl 4 if your trying to use drones you loose them all hmmm if a person plays PVE all the time he just lost 7 months of training possibly more. THIS IS CCP's IDEA OF BALANCEING... sounds like a fricking ****** takeing a walk down a street swipeing at what ever gets in his way TBH. In turn i do understand why some rebalanceing is done and thats acceptable but when you issolate a groupe of players into playing a specfic way when they only do a few things your gonna loose players. Hahahaha CSM is a joke and has been ever since the debockle with the Matani. Total loss of credibility. Only reason i stay is becasue of Freinds in the community otherwise i would have left a long time ago... So CCP keep nerfing stuff You guys are tools anyways.
Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2013-01-16 18:31:28 UTC
Where is EVE going?

INTO SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

James Fonsworth
Watto's Junkyard
#52 - 2013-01-16 18:38:31 UTC
~ eve is dying ~
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#53 - 2013-01-16 22:22:08 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
As long as CCP doesn't take the same road Blizzard did, I'll be fine.

If they start to make a zoo out of my CQ or pandas become the fifth race, I'll be heading elsewhere.

Oh I dunno I quite like the idea of a Slaver Hound & an Exotic Dancer in my CQ.

Might even bother to enter her sometimes then.....

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#54 - 2013-01-16 23:09:49 UTC
Onwards and upwards!!Cool

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#55 - 2013-01-17 00:04:27 UTC
Randolph Rothstein wrote:
eve is going wherever the money comes from

I second that. But, hey. Living in a toilet bowl can't be that bad. Consider the life of someone in a 4th world country.
Juno Valerii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2013-01-17 01:03:01 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
"Where no man has gone before..."

Red Shirts for everyone. Huzzah !

Blink

Heaven forbid...don't make me wretch!
Tarpedo
Incursionista
#57 - 2013-01-17 01:11:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarpedo
EVE didn't have content expansions for like 2+ years already except for strange FW plex(es). Now EVE's main universe (Tranquility) is nothing more but beta-test server for Dust.

As you can see EVE already turned into Dust expansion and will give up more and more to make Dust more attractive / less unattractive. I believe dusties will be able to change SOV and tech moons ownership soon + destroy / hijack / sabotage EVE POSes.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#58 - 2013-01-17 02:31:18 UTC
MR DEMOS wrote:
personaly i think CCP's way of balancing stuff is Bullshit. Take for instance all the indy guys who trained up the datacore agents... Useless training now can't do a thing with it. PVE Missions lvl 4 if your trying to use drones you loose them all hmmm if a person plays PVE all the time he just lost 7 months of training possibly more. THIS IS CCP's IDEA OF BALANCEING... sounds like a fricking ****** takeing a walk down a street swipeing at what ever gets in his way TBH. In turn i do understand why some rebalanceing is done and thats acceptable but when you issolate a groupe of players into playing a specfic way when they only do a few things your gonna loose players. Hahahaha CSM is a joke and has been ever since the debockle with the Matani. Total loss of credibility. Only reason i stay is becasue of Freinds in the community otherwise i would have left a long time ago... So CCP keep nerfing stuff You guys are tools anyways.

Interesting.

Tell me more.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-01-18 06:51:14 UTC
MR DEMOS wrote:

So you're part of the PVE crowd. CCP gives you a bit more variety, and all you can do is whine? How has a person lost 7 months of training? Did CCP remove the skills? For drones? Or did they remove the missions?

Sure, you 'understand' and think rebalancing is 'acceptable'... Apart from when it affects you personally. It's not CCP's fault that you choose to limit yourself to only 1 playstyle...

ps. If a person ONLY plays PVE all the time, I honestly doubt he wasted 7 months, more like most of his/her EVE career. Why wouldn't you at least try other parts of a game you're voluntarily paying money to play?
Previous page123