These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

INSURANCE EXTEND THE TIME OF COVERAGE OR LESSEN THE COST FOR CURRENT COVERAGE

Author
Terron Kerrix
MUTED VOID
#1 - 2013-01-15 17:17:51 UTC

In terms of the Charon and Orca. Specific

I would like to suggest the terms on insurance cover a year time.

The amount of percentage asked for insurance at the levels for a three month term is unacceptable.

Example:
Charon for a premium coverage asks for 380mill for a three month term with a pay out.
If you do not lose your ship in 9 months, you have basically payed for another Charon.

Same for an Orca. The ratio for cost of paying insurance and the short term needs to change.

I suggest, it you CCP are to leave the pricing alone then change the term of coverage for a year on ships

If you do not want to change the time of coverage, then reduce the cost of coverage by 70%.

Either way, The current insurance plan is fleecing the players.

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-01-15 17:27:40 UTC
Terron Kerrix wrote:

The amount of percentage asked for insurance at the levels for a three month term is unacceptable.

Example:
Charon for a premium coverage asks for 380mill for a three month term with a pay out.
If you do not lose your ship in 9 months, you have basically payed for another Charon.

Same for an Orca. The ratio for cost of paying insurance and the short term needs to change.

I suggest, it you CCP are to leave the pricing alone then change the term of coverage for a year on ships

If you do not want to change the time of coverage, then reduce the cost of coverage by 70%.

+1

Encourage insurance coverage for people who don't normally lose boats = isk sink.

Right now, "insurance" is a silly excuse for isk faucet for ppl that lose their boat within the next half hour after buying, at the expense of Eve's economy.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#3 - 2013-01-15 17:33:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Vilnius Zar
If you don't like the insurance cost or duration and you think you don't need it because of that then uhm.... don't insure? f you're seriously asking for longer insurance duration while not paying more for it you you effectively want insurance to be cheaper... to have your cake and eat it. And in that case, I want 2 Ferrari's, a couple of houses on Malibu and a 17 inch ****.

Insurance cost is based on a portion of the mineral value to build the ship, deal with it. It's not meant to be cost effective, it's meant to lower the blow of losing your ship.

Also: caps, lose them.
Terron Kerrix
MUTED VOID
#4 - 2013-01-15 17:37:41 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
If you don't like the insurance cost or duration and you think you don't need it because of that then uhm.... don't insure? f you're seriously asking for longer insurance duration while not paying more for it you you effectively want insurance to be cheaper... to have your cake and eat it. And in that case, I want 2 Ferrari's, a couple of houses on Malibu and a 17 inch ****.

Insurance cost is based on a portion of the mineral value to build the ship, deal with it. It's not meant to be cost effective, it's meant to lower the blow of losing your ship.

You have completely missed the point.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#5 - 2013-01-15 17:52:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vilnius Zar
Nope, I got it just right. You feel that insurance is too expensive to cover only 3 months so you want the same cost for the insurance but a prolonged duration. So instead of making the rational choice of either accepting the cost vs duration thing and insure OR concluding that it's just not worth it as you don't tend to lose your ship every 3 months and don't insure, you start whining on the forum how you want a longer insurance duration at the same cost (making it cheaper), you want to have your cake, and eat it... in caps.

Technically it's just a rant.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-15 18:01:44 UTC
a more dynamic insurance would be nice but i doubt that it is gonna happen.

I dont lose ships anymore. I am a a jita price check/forum warrior alt. why is my insurance rate the same as the dessy ganker alts?

Why is this noncombat ship (freighter/orca/industrial) have the same insurance cost % as any other combat ship? and why shouldnt the players loss rates influence how much it costs to insure?

because of how the power creep has evolved concerning smaller ships and ehp buffers, the lack of added tankability of freighters (dcu II can work on titans but not on freighters?) means that its easier to kill them then before.

The ingame insurance is really geared towards pvp action and supporting that playstyle in isk at the expense of all the logistics that are necessary for supporting it in materials.

also to that other guy, unless you got a really good heart and a lot more muscle mass then you probably have now, you dont want a 17 inch thing, its hard to get hard and a 17 inch floppy pleases no one.
you dont want the house(s) in Malibu, you want mansions and pick other locations too.
the Ferrari s are your choice. personally id go with vehicles that are awesome and useful.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#7 - 2013-01-15 18:06:08 UTC
So don't insure it.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Terron Kerrix
MUTED VOID
#8 - 2013-01-15 18:23:28 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
So don't insure it.

-Liang

Thanks for that input. That was difficult for me to figure out.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#9 - 2013-01-15 18:25:31 UTC
Terron Kerrix wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
So don't insure it.

-Liang

That's his point, and mine for that matter.
Terron Kerrix
MUTED VOID
#10 - 2013-01-15 19:01:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Terron Kerrix
I am glad folks are suggesting on how I should play and go about my eve.

This is a suggestion to CCP.

If you don't agree then just post I do not agree and state a constructive response.

If you agree, you could then post such and a reason why or something you wish to add.

This posting is not about how you play or how you do your stuff or how I should play and make my eve decisions.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-01-15 19:21:54 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
Terron Kerrix wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
So don't insure it.

-Liang

That's his point, and mine for that matter.

Wrong. Boats not insured by ppl who don't lose boats = isk sink not taken advantage of. Eve economy needs less of insta-loss insurance isk faucet and more long term lossless insurance isk sink.
Minerva Zen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-01-15 19:26:44 UTC
Terron Kerrix wrote:

And we're glad to help you with that. Big smile

Sometimes we get overzealous smacking down an idea because we have memories, either in EVE or elsewhere, of developer time being spent on marginal or outright disappointing gameplay changes. Developer time is, like it or not, a finite resource. And these storied forum pages are a place to fight over them.

As for the insurance question, calling it insurance in the first place is just window dressing over a hull-minerals-replacement-cost algorithm. If a real insurance company was running this, it would be losing money.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-01-15 19:37:35 UTC
Minerva Zen wrote:
Terron Kerrix wrote:

And we're glad to help you with that. Big smile

Sometimes we get overzealous smacking down an idea because we have memories, either in EVE or elsewhere, of developer time being spent on marginal or outright disappointing gameplay changes. Developer time is, like it or not, a finite resource. And these storied forum pages are a place to fight over them.

As for the insurance question, calling it insurance in the first place is just window dressing over a hull-minerals-replacement-cost algorithm. If a real insurance company was running this, it would be losing money.

And if a real mmo was running this, it would be fauceting currency and ruining economy.Smile
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#14 - 2013-01-15 20:43:33 UTC
Don't buy platinum insurance. Buy 4x cheaper insurance.

There - you just gut 12 months of insurance for the same price as 3.
Skorpynekomimi
#15 - 2013-01-15 20:56:44 UTC
Yeah. That's why I don't insure any of my ships. I'd rather keep the cost of insurance, and just buy more when they get blown up.

And, frankly, if you rely on one and only one ship for your income that you literally can't afford to replace...
Ur doin it rong.

Economic PVP

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#16 - 2013-01-15 21:51:14 UTC
Terron Kerrix wrote:
This is a suggestion to CCP.

... which must first be posted on a public section of the forums for all players to see and either state their like or dislike of it.

Terron Kerrix wrote:
If you don't agree then just post I do not agree and state a constructive response.

I do not agree. Insurance is a PvP mechanism to encourage people to do more risky things with their ships... not an actual insurance system that rewards you for staying out of trouble.

Terron Kerrix wrote:
This posting is not about how you play or how you do your stuff or how I should play and make my eve decisions.

In a way it is. You are proposing a change to the way the system works because you don't like how the system is "making you play" (see: paying for insurance that lasts only 3 months).
So of course some people are going to point out that there are "workarounds" that do not require a change to the system.

Either stop paying for insurance and do less risky things... or suck it up.
Alua Oresson
Alcorp Unlimited
#17 - 2013-01-15 22:04:19 UTC
Terron Kerrix wrote:

Example:

Insurance is in place to encourage PVP. It is not meant to be something that is bought for a ship more than once.

Also, you are correct in that if you buy insurance for a ship more than twice you start becoming an isk sink rather than a faucet. To most people this is actually a good thing. We WANT people that don't understand how insurance works to keep the insurance up for years. This gets rid of more isk.

Overall I don't see that this idea actually solves any problems and in fact, creates more problems by turning low turnover ships into more possible isk faucets.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

GreenSeed
#18 - 2013-01-15 22:31:08 UTC
insurance IS for people who die withing minutes of buying it...

if you don't expect to die within the first month, i have two words for you "Self Insurance".

if you call yourself an industrialist (why else would you care about freighter insurance otherwise...) you should know that part of your profit must be a self insurance, if you didn't, then sell all your assets, buy a few thousand rifters, and learn another trade, industry is not yours.
Kasutra
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#19 - 2013-01-15 22:46:21 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
I do not agree. Insurance is a PvP mechanism to encourage people to do more risky things with their ships... not an actual insurance system that rewards you for staying out of trouble.

Exactly. EVE Insurance isn't anything like an actual insurance firm. It's a betting bank where the bet of "I bet you won't lose this within 3 months". It's purpose, I'd guess, is to make people go out and get blown up. Making sure you can still feed your family if your Rorqual gets blown up just isn't part of it.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#20 - 2013-01-15 23:47:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
Remove insurance.

Edit: I think I'm going to make this my signature Lol.

Remove standings and insurance.

12Next page