These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hyperdrive

Author
Krops Vont
#1 - 2013-01-15 06:48:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Krops Vont
related to this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=192686&find=unread
In between both warp drive and jump drive.

Hyperdrive.
a long stretched warp to 1 location from another.

Freighters warping directly from jita to dodixie or hek to hed-gp you name it!
navigation skills are more or less lacking in my opinion and could use another few
features and ideas never get to be legitimate game features but i would like to know opinions!

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

Wormhole Finding & Selling

o/ Play for fun

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-01-15 06:51:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Ted
All the topics in this forum are game changing.

Please refer to the features and idea's rules before posting further.

Also how is this at all different from a jump drive? The jump drive already does exactly what you named in the form of jump freighters.

EDIT: Thank you for changing your title from "Game changing topic"

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-01-15 06:55:19 UTC
I'd rather not add more ways to evade the choke points (and thus interaction hotspots) that stargates create.
Krops Vont
#4 - 2013-01-15 07:14:46 UTC
That is true so could there be a downside such as it would be like auto piloting or only a few class of ships?
this is a bad idea considering gate camps with this would be useless

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

o/ Play for fun

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-01-15 07:50:59 UTC
Krops Vont wrote:
...this is a bad idea...

Truer words were never spoken by such a shining paragon of ignorance.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-01-15 12:46:04 UTC
Krops Vont wrote:
related to this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=192686&find=unread
In between both warp drive and jump drive.

Hyperdrive.
a long stretched warp to 1 location from another.

Freighters warping directly from jita to dodixie or hek to hed-gp you name it!
navigation skills are more or less lacking in my opinion and could use another few
features and ideas never get to be legitimate game features but i would like to know opinions!

So, basically, you hate regional market variation and want it removed?
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-01-15 15:04:23 UTC
There is something very similar to this, it is called a jump drive and the corresponding ship is a jump freighter.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-01-15 17:26:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Ted
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
There is something very similar to this, it is called a jump drive and the corresponding ship is a jump freighter.

No this IS a jump drive.

Apparently this isn't such a terrible idea because its already in the game.

The only thing to argue here is how exactly his proposal is different in any form to the current jump drive except maybe he just wants to cut out the cyno alt middleman?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Krops Vont
#9 - 2013-01-15 22:14:21 UTC
Commander Ted wrote:

No this IS a jump drive.

The only thing to argue here is how exactly his proposal is different in any form to the current jump drive except maybe he just wants to cut out the cyno alt middleman?

some new skill possibly?

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

o/ Play for fun

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-01-16 00:42:52 UTC
Commander Ted wrote:

No this IS a jump drive.

Generaly proposals like that advocate removing the cyno and instead adding a (usually stupidly long) travel time instead.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#11 - 2013-01-16 00:55:01 UTC
I think a better way to make this work would be to have wormholes with dual high sec statics, or perhaps make a C1 high sec superhighway. If you want to jump your freighter to Dodixie in 3 jumps - fine. But go through null sec to do it.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-01-16 03:39:03 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
I think a better way to make this work would be to have wormholes with dual high sec statics, or perhaps make a C1 high sec superhighway. If you want to jump your freighter to Dodixie in 3 jumps - fine. But go through null sec to do it.

-Liang

Except that C1 wormholes have a mass limit where only Battlecruisers and smaller can fit into the wormhole.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave