These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Travel between Caldari <-> Minmatar space

Author
JandraElune
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-01-15 00:56:26 UTC
Safe LONG route is 25 jump avg. Not safe short route is 15 jumps through 0.4/0.3's =.=

While Safe and Not safe between the three others remains unchanged. 6 Amarr <-> Caldari, 15 Gallente <-> Amarr/Caldari

Is this to remain a massive long trip for those that want to stick to hisec? This is more of a problem to those that trade items between the space's and those that have Caldari/Minmatar corps. This is also the price driving factor of Alloyed Trit Bars.

Amarr <-> Caldari has a LONG LY jump between Kaaputenen and Niarja. But faction standing wise travel between them with low standing would be impossible with out going through lowsec as you would have to go through Min and Gal space via Safe with out it.
Kitt JT
True North.
#2 - 2013-01-15 01:21:46 UTC
I'm okay with it.
Liner Xiandra
Sparks Inc
#3 - 2013-01-15 01:50:12 UTC
JandraElune wrote:
Safe LONG route is 25 jump avg. Not safe short route is 15 jumps through 0.4/0.3's =.=

While Safe and Not safe between the three others remains unchanged. 6 Amarr <-> Caldari, 15 Gallente <-> Amarr/Caldari

Is this to remain a massive long trip for those that want to stick to hisec? This is more of a problem to those that trade items between the space's and those that have Caldari/Minmatar corps. This is also the price driving factor of Alloyed Trit Bars.

You wouldn't agree that longer travel times create trade that you seem to pursue?
Crimeo Khamsi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-01-15 02:20:07 UTC
This is a silly thread. One of two things will be true:

1) Caldari and Minmatar are getting all of their item supply needs met by their nearer neighbors already. In which case, you shouldn't care if it's a long route, because you have no good reason to be flying it.

2) It IS an active trade route, and there is demand for goods to move along it. In which case, the longer and more annoying the route, the more profit there will be for trades along it due to less supply, so the fewer trips you'll have to make anyway...

Not really a problem with the game either way. More of a problem with you doing your homework and adapting appropriately.
Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-15 05:52:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Ted
having a hard time imagining any new route that would be less than 8 jumps without a new constellation. I would be cool with a new low sec constellation with multiple routes through it to bypass rancer though.
The minmatar and caldari are in a somewhat odd position from each other, and rens/hek may suffer a little bit by being stranded from the super hub, although I blame minmatar having two equal sized hubs within 5 jumps for them being so lackluster.

Also gonna piggy backing the idea in my signature off this thread a little bit?? It is distantly related to my proposal but quite the opposite of what the OP wants.Blink

Also through rancer is only 9 jumps from jita to hek and 21 jumps through safe space which is only 30% longer than Dodixie-amarr and jita-dodixie roughly. I mean if you wanted to you could make that trip all day over and over with a cloaky hauler and black ops.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-01-15 06:42:19 UTC
Add a long jumpgate. The length required would actually be a lot shorter than many that already exist in the game, including along the jita-amar pipe.