These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

CSM based on forum likes

Author
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#1 - 2011-10-24 21:31:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Who are people in CSM? What do they do in game? What are their priorities? I don't know anything - except for their slogans during elections and 2 articles I've read back in July - written by Mittany.

Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community + I believe this forum has much more potential to affect game development and community opinions than present CSM (somehow I doubt present CSM can affect anything)

Let 10 most liked people will be CSM - or at least some of most liked forum members should be added to CSM.
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-10-24 21:32:53 UTC
So you want an all-Goon CSM?
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2011-10-24 21:33:40 UTC
i approve this event or product

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Shad0wsFury
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-24 21:33:42 UTC
If there was a dislike button, I'd be using it RIGHT NOW.
Cyra Mangeiri
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-10-24 21:33:50 UTC
This would be a good idea, if the most liked people in the forum were the true representation of the whole population of EVE. As it is at the moment, though, that would not be the case, as you rarely see, for example, vocal mission runners posting and getting likes on the forum.
Tanya Fox
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-10-24 21:33:53 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Who are people in CSM? What do they do in game? What are their priorities? I don't know anything - except for their slogans during elections and 2 articles I've read back in July - written by Mittany.

Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community + I believe this forum has much more potential to affect game than present CSM (somehow I doubt present CSM can affect anything)

Let 10 most liked people will be CSM - or at least some of most liked forum members should be added to CSM.






The like figures are rigged, just look at me just 2 and I'm adorable.



Anyway you get the picture, they can be manipulated and frequently are.
Barakkus
#7 - 2011-10-24 21:33:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakkus
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
So you want an all-Goon CSM?


Go away goon, I have more likes than you, therefore much more infinitely important in internet spaceships.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2011-10-24 21:34:43 UTC
Shad0wsFury wrote:
If there was a dislike button, I'd be using it RIGHT NOW.

adding good posting as a csm requirement would pretty much shut down any hope pl has of getting on the csm, yes

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2011-10-24 21:35:03 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
So you want an all-Goon CSM?


Go away goon, I have more likes than you, therefore much more infinitely important in internet spaceships.


silence, worm

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

InVictus Kell
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-10-24 21:36:55 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community


to be clear, i got more than a few of my likes for professing my love of bacon, beer, and bewbs. there will be "like hoarders' that will stoop to any level to pad their stats, it doesn't make them (myself included) any smarter or more vital to the community.

in fact, i'd say that i'm personally very anti-community and probably not that smart.

but i do so love bacon, beer, and bewbs and will accept any likes for that
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#11 - 2011-10-24 21:37:16 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community
…or have used the “get likes” thread, or have used alts to mass-boost their own stats, or have used any number of funny ways to game that system.

Incidentally, Mittens has 1000+ likes…

Now, guess what would happen if the voting blocks went on to game this system instead of just bloc voting. Brrr… oh, and since they'd keep doing it, the same people would constantly be in the CSM.

So yeah, no. I prefer one alt = one vote before n alts + m corpies = n⁴⁰ + m⁴⁰ⁿ votes.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2011-10-24 21:38:56 UTC
as the only other goon to get 1000+ likes without broadcasting for likes or using hordes of alts to like myself i demand a csm seat

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-10-24 21:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
Weaselior wrote:
as the only other goon to get 1000+ likes without broadcasting for likes or using hordes of alts to like myself i demand a csm seat


Uh huh...everybody here believes you.

I pretty much get all of my likes from hating on Goons.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Cyra Mangeiri
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-10-24 21:41:19 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
as the only other goon to get 1000+ likes without broadcasting for likes or using hordes of alts to like myself i demand a csm seat


Only if you promise us alcohol in return.
Apollo Gabriel
Mercatoris
#15 - 2011-10-24 21:41:26 UTC
Could possibly be the dumbest idea I've heard this month and that's impressive!

Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2011-10-24 21:42:35 UTC
Cyra Mangeiri wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
as the only other goon to get 1000+ likes without broadcasting for likes or using hordes of alts to like myself i demand a csm seat


Only if you promise us alcohol in return.

as an honorable and upright citizen of new eden, my word is my bond, and I promise a round for everyone if elected

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-10-24 21:50:03 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Cyra Mangeiri wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
as the only other goon to get 1000+ likes without broadcasting for likes or using hordes of alts to like myself i demand a csm seat


Only if you promise us alcohol in return.

as an honorable and upright citizen of new eden, my word is my bond, and I promise a round for everyone if elected


Well, he's got my vote Pirate

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#18 - 2011-10-24 21:50:52 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Who are people in CSM? What do they do in game? What are their priorities? I don't know anything - except for their slogans during elections and 2 articles I've read back in July - written by Mittany.

Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community + I believe this forum has much more potential to affect game development and community opinions than present CSM (somehow I doubt present CSM can affect anything)

Let 10 most liked people will be CSM - or at least some of most liked forum members should be added to CSM.



There is a thread title "Liek and get likes". Probably it haves a lot to do with the higher numbers of likes. Roll

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#19 - 2011-10-24 21:51:58 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Who are people in CSM? What do they do in game? What are their priorities? I don't know anything - except for their slogans during elections and 2 articles I've read back in July - written by Mittany.

Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community + I believe this forum has much more potential to affect game development and community opinions than present CSM (somehow I doubt present CSM can affect anything)

Let 10 most liked people will be CSM - or at least some of most liked forum members should be added to CSM.


likes mean nothing and can be padded, seriously padded.

bad idea is bad
Barakkus
#20 - 2011-10-24 21:57:00 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
Meanwhile there are some people with about 1000 likes on this forum. Meaning they are active, smart, they are part of community and their opinions supported by community
…or have used the “get likes” thread, or have used alts to mass-boost their own stats, or have used any number of funny ways to game that system.

Incidentally, Mittens has 1000+ likes…

Now, guess what would happen if the voting blocks went on to game this system instead of just bloc voting. Brrr… oh, and since they'd keep doing it, the same people would constantly be in the CSM.

So yeah, no. I prefer one alt = one vote before n alts + m corpies = n⁴⁰ + m⁴⁰ⁿ votes.


This ^^


Why do you think goons have as many likes as they do? I can assure you there's no one that really likes any of them that much.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

123Next page