These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Faction Warfare....."conflcit of interests"

Author
greg01
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#1 - 2013-01-12 17:12:22 UTC
How can the Caldari/Amarr Militia take Faction warfare seriously when CCP has a "conflict of interest" involvement in Gallente/Minmatar militias?

My only message to CCP is that this is an absolute disgrace. No other organisation would accept this type of policy. You need to "grow up" and set some standards............

https://twitter.com/CCP_Fozzie/status/289861379165396992

Hopefully Hans will get the boot from the CSM this year.

Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#2 - 2013-01-12 17:29:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Cromwell Savage
edit....I'll give you at least a '1'

1/10
Ame Sonoda
Kriegsmarinewerft
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-01-12 17:37:59 UTC
thanks, i wasn't going to go to fanfest but this offer of a high five from Fozzie is an opportunity I feel I cannot miss.
Mekhana
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-01-12 17:38:31 UTC
Oh man I wish I could go to the Fanfest.

Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex! Sange por Sange! Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis. lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#5 - 2013-01-12 17:40:06 UTC
What conflict of interest?

The Gallente swine all have scraped knees from prolonged begging to CCP to give them a useless 'medal' for being the biggest carebears in FW, and all they seem to get is a promise of a handjob high-five provided they dock their orbit alts for a few days late April (FF).

As for Hans. He served his purpose, his appointment gave CCP a legitimate excuse to work on FW before delving into the dev-nightmare that null revisions will be .. he probably could have done a lot more good for FW had he not been seduced by CCP's plans and used some rational thought to warn them of the pitfalls that he must surely have been aware of. The glitter of Reykjavik got him but good! Smile
subtle turtle
Doozer Mining Cartel
#6 - 2013-01-12 17:42:59 UTC
My god, can we please make FW sov a forum-posting mechanic already? It may be the only way the "losing" side will be able to come back. You could give a % to contest a system for every whiny complaint post to the eve-o forums.

Come to think of it, the minimatar/gallente do as much whiny forum posting as amarr/caldari, so it would probably wind up in 50/50 system control.
Hidden Snake
The Church of Awesome
#7 - 2013-01-12 17:52:53 UTC
well ... in civilized corporateworld .... if somebody do this .... ie openly supports someone in tender for solution etc. is usually at least fired from the position or company(paralel is not perfect, but close). CCP unfortunately proved it prefers RP factors and opinion of some biased/interested employees. Well in past if this happened it usually ended up on pages of the gaming press. If you building society based games (most of the MMOs) you have to keep strictly neutral (between oposing sides). Something which was violated in past year or two in FW.

At the end everything is matter of CCP accounting .... if actual aproach is increasing the CCPs profit I understand dooming some players is quite ok - in RL I sometimes do similar decissions about our customers.

But what I see is creating another month or two of isk printing isk alts >>> decreasing price of plexes and destabilizing parts of the market. Happy new fiscal year CCP.
Hidden Snake
The Church of Awesome
#8 - 2013-01-12 17:54:08 UTC
subtle turtle wrote:
My god, can we please make FW sov a forum-posting mechanic already? It may be the only way the "losing" side will be able to come back. You could give a % to contest a system for every whiny complaint post to the eve-o forums.

Come to think of it, the minimatar/gallente do as much whiny forum posting as amarr/caldari, so it would probably wind up in 50/50 system control.

Actually Amar come back in moment farmers went to Caldari side ..... once they will come backto Amarr .... you will have another round ...not topic of this post but tier system and farmville is broken.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#9 - 2013-01-12 17:54:53 UTC
Hidden Snake wrote:
well ... in civilized corporateworld .... if somebody do this .... ie openly supports someone in tender for solution etc. is usually at least fired from the position or company(paralel is not perfect, but close). CCP unfortunately proved it prefers RP factors and opinion of some biased/interested employees. Well in past if this happened it usually ended up on pages of the gaming press. If you building society based games (most of the MMOs) you have to keep strictly neutral (between oposing sides). Something which was violated in past year or two in FW.

At the end everything is matter of CCP accounting .... if actual aproach is increasing the CCPs profit I understand dooming some players is quite ok - in RL I sometimes do similar decissions about our customers.

But what I see is creating another month or two of isk printing isk alts >>> decreasing price of plexes and destabilizing parts of the market. Happy new fiscal year CCP.

Hey you guys got a medal - doesn't look like CCP is doing that anymore, so we get a different prize.
Antares 04
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-01-12 17:57:03 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
What conflict of interest?

The Gallente swine all have scraped knees from prolonged begging to CCP to give them a useless 'medal' for being the biggest carebears in FW, and all they seem to get is a promise of a handjob high-five provided they dock their orbit alts for a few days late April (FF).

As for Hans. He served his purpose, his appointment gave CCP a legitimate excuse to work on FW before delving into the dev-nightmare that null revisions will be .. he probably could have done a lot more good for FW had he not been seduced by CCP's plans and used some rational thought to warn them of the pitfalls that he must surely have been aware of. The glitter of Reykjavik got him but good! Smile

Your bitterness sustains me. One day I'll be back in EVE to let the FW fights nourish me as well, but alas, not today.

Until then however, I am totally not enjoying your misery at all.

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#11 - 2013-01-12 18:04:45 UTC
I was on the fence about going to fanfest this year, but now. This might just decide it for me :)
ALUCARD 1208
Did he say Jump
#12 - 2013-01-12 18:04:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
what u fail to see hidden snake is ccp dont really care about the ingame price of plex coming down that plex has originally been paid for in real life money so if there cheaper in game rmore ppl buy them for real money from ccp to sell on market which is actually good for their accounting seing as tho if someone pays in real cash for 30 days onto there acount its £10 but if u buy a plex to sell in game its £16 so actually making more money
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#13 - 2013-01-12 18:14:56 UTC
Antares 04 wrote:

What bitterness? What misery?

I am revelling in what appears to be an epic thumbing off from CCP of the Gallente farming horde. We (Amarr/Shakorite) have our farmers of course but thankfully not nearly as bad as 'over there' .. hope is that the Gallente 'victory' spurs CCP into action and FW gets a last series of tweaks that can tide us over until CCP's gaze swings back our way (and save this front from the worst of the stabbed/cloaky=farming nonsense Big smile)
ALUCARD 1208
Did he say Jump
#14 - 2013-01-12 18:18:40 UTC
the butthurt is strong
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#15 - 2013-01-12 20:18:12 UTC
subtle turtle wrote:

FW has always been Forum Wars.. you are slow to the punch..
ALUCARD 1208
Did he say Jump
#16 - 2013-01-12 20:29:19 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
subtle turtle wrote:

no thats just u cos u wont undock from the safes of high sec
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#17 - 2013-01-12 20:41:44 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
subtle turtle wrote:

no thats just u cos u wont undock from the safes of high sec

Oh you are just mad I was ahead of the curve.
Deen Wispa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-01-12 20:49:27 UTC

High five. Yeah!

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#19 - 2013-01-12 20:52:23 UTC
Come on, stop this jealousy non sense. I'm sure CCP Fozzie will give a kiss on the cheek to all of you, regardlss for the faction.

Shaalira D'arc
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-01-12 22:51:07 UTC
QQ about high fives. EVE-O has it all.
12Next page