These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

market mistake

Author
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#21 - 2013-01-10 17:24:12 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:
Hi well yestarday i was putting items on markets and i stupidly put item up for 400b instead of 400m the brokers fee was over 3.5b

my question is anyone else done somthing like this and is it worth me asking ccp for the isk back or should i forget it and go put my head through a wall

anyone else had similar experiance?

they wont reimburse this. why would they?

yes

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#22 - 2013-01-10 17:28:22 UTC
Cooyaw wrote:
yes try petition, agree with above, its worth trying

My advice for future, enter 0's in 3's, 2 sets of 0s in 3's is in the millions
3 sets of 0's is in the billions

ITS LIKE GRADE SCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN. :D ! ? :D :D ! ? :D :D ! ? :D :D ! ? :D

I do this though.

yes

Tom Hagen
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2013-01-10 17:40:01 UTC
I do think that the chances of getting help drops as soon as you go public with it.
They don't want to make it official, since as soon as they do everyone and there mothers will try and do it. It is also a lot demanding job if people starts to drag up official forum threads with people that actually have been helped.
As it is now we are working on hearsay and it is easily brushed as side if it comes up in the petition as such.

I think we aren't allowed to discuss CCP policy and/or ruling in specific petitions either (am I wrong?) :-P So after a petition gets through or not its the end of it.
I think they prefer it that way rather then an open discussion on the forum about who got what and when.

Life isn't fair so why should EVE be?
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#24 - 2013-01-10 17:44:10 UTC
Tom Hagen wrote:
I do think that the chances of getting help drops as soon as you go public with it.
They don't want to make it official, since as soon as they do everyone and there mothers will try and do it. It is also a lot demanding job if people starts to drag up official forum threads with people that actually have been helped.
As it is now we are working on hearsay and it is easily brushed as side if it comes up in the petition as such.

I think we aren't allowed to discuss CCP policy and/or ruling in specific petitions either (am I wrong?) :-P So after a petition gets through or not its the end of it.
I think they prefer it that way rather then an open discussion on the forum about who got what and when.

Life isn't fair so why should EVE be?

Also this. They can't just start fixing player's mistakes.

yes

LazyWren
Legion's Knights Of The Round
#25 - 2013-01-10 19:09:50 UTC
[quote=Zoe Issier]Hi well yestarday i was putting items on markets and i stupidly put item up for 400b instead of 400m the brokers fee was over 3.5b

my question is anyone else done somthing like this and is it worth me asking ccp for the isk back or should i forget it and go put my head through a wall

anyone else had similar experiance?[/quote

Yes, and yes. Mine was about a year ago, updating orders in bed cause i couldnt sleep. Sausage fingered it and lost 7B to broker fees. Took about 7 days for a reimbursement. Didnt think it'd work cause it was my own stupi fault, EVE is harsh efc... might be cause my market toon has massive baps.
LazyWren
Legion's Knights Of The Round
#26 - 2013-01-10 19:11:12 UTC
Also posting off a galaxy s2 touchscreen = fail
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-01-10 21:11:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
Yes, have ganked myself with market fees... alcohol and other earthly pleasures were involved...

The GM handling my petition felt my experience merited a response of something like: "tough noogies". LolLolLol

Fair enough... worst he/she could do was say "no". Blink

Ultimately, not all that different than loosing a big ship to equally stupid reasons... so just move on and learn from the experience.

Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#28 - 2013-01-10 21:14:39 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Yes, have ganked myself with market fees... alcohol and other earthly pleasures were involved...

The GM handling my petition felt my experience merited a response of something like: "tough noogies". LolLolLol

Fair enough... worst he/she could do was say "no". Blink

it would start with market errors. Then what?

contract errors?

"I hit the MWD when i meant to hit the shield booster. please reimburse my 5 billion isk faction fit BS."

yes

Tesal
#29 - 2013-01-11 22:34:29 UTC
They won't reimburse the loss. I did the same thing and the petition came back negative.
Trader CiCi
Jack of all skills
#30 - 2013-01-12 07:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader CiCi
lolSmile contract errors I see them all the time lol

Here's how I think of my money -- as soldiers -- I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them." - Kevin O'Leary/Shark Tank

flakeys
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-01-12 08:33:49 UTC
Trader CiCi wrote:
lolSmile contract errors I see them all the time lol

Whats that about covetor bpo's you said? :)

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Vurt Konne
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-01-12 15:46:55 UTC
"Wanted to keep range at 50000m but set it to 5000m instead. Should I petition to get my ship back?"

Lucky me, only lost millions on the market that way, not billions.
The interface won't accept the , instead of the . as decimal sign like it's used in my country.
Check. Doublecheck. And when you're finally convinced it's ok: Check it again.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#33 - 2013-01-12 17:30:48 UTC
Vurt Konne wrote:
"Wanted to keep range at 50000m but set it to 5000m instead. Should I petition to get my ship back?"

Lucky me, only lost millions on the market that way, not billions.
The interface won't accept the , instead of the . as decimal sign like it's used in my country.
Check. Doublecheck. And when you're finally convinced it's ok: Check it again.

Wikipedia defnition of lazy: "Vaerah Vahrokha".

If you are like me, then just keep a negligible amount of money in wallet (500M, 1B or so) and then you can typo all you want that you won't go broke.
enterprisePSI
#34 - 2013-01-14 17:57:51 UTC
'tab' if your best friend.

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psi©

Previous page12