These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DUST 514 Live on Tranquility - Issues & Feedback

First post
Author
BugraT WarheaD
#61 - 2013-01-11 11:17:50 UTC
Eve and Dust players cannot have a voice conversation via eve voice even if Dust Players bought a TVU. It's really annoying because it's working in every other channels of communications Sad
Inc MuadDib
Hitchhikers of the Galaxy
#62 - 2013-01-11 12:09:09 UTC
I lost skill level. Started training "EM Shield Compensation" to Level 5 last week.

After DUST introduction downtime it changed to training for "EM Shield Compensation" Level 4.
So skill stayed where it was before with week of training lost.

Opened a petition this morning (06:39) but there has been no response yet.
Mr Jeebs
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2013-01-11 13:30:57 UTC
Quick middle question...

Can u transfer ISK and AUR between EVE players and DUST players... Or is there any way to do it?

tenx on quick stupid question...

MR J
Oma Lorche
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#64 - 2013-01-11 13:41:17 UTC
I dont know if its only me but I have problem with corp management window. When I try to change roles some of the members are displayed x3 . If I try change any role after reopening window nothing changes. Bug? or maybe something wrong with my client
Raul Gavin
Fuctifino
#65 - 2013-01-11 14:26:46 UTC
Can't log in this morning...cluster isn't accepting connections.
Freedon'nadd Nadd
Dead Nova
#66 - 2013-01-11 14:37:37 UTC
Raul Gavin wrote:
Can't log in this morning...cluster isn't accepting connections.

same here and just got the game downloadedSad hope its soon up
Bashfulmerc
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2013-01-11 15:58:59 UTC
persistance problems for ship storage and other blocks when leaving station or arriving at another.

The panel is not kept as set.

Bashfulmerc
Haifisch Zahne
Hraka Manufacture GmbH
#68 - 2013-01-11 16:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Haifisch Zahne
Hadn't realized FW = Low-Sec, as you imply. Strange, though, that during my (extended) time in low-sec, I never seem to have encountered any FW, of importance. *shrug*

Keep trying. You do eventually grow up. Eventually.

Nightlund Audeles wrote:
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
Yes, that is right. It is "my fault" that I am not a member of FW.

I forgot, if I do not do what you and CCP want me to do with my time in this game, it is my fault.

I will immediately observe your wishes.

Nightlund Audeles wrote:
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
From the Dust 514 FAQ: "If the EVE capsuleer is not a member of FW he will not be able to connect to the district or receive strike requests at all."

Well, I am glad that I have told all my PS3 playing friends (and relatives!) to try Dust 514 during the closed beta.

And, for what? I won't eve be able to even see what it is about from the Eve side. At all.

Thanks CCP! Again.

So from what I gather (and I could be wrong) is you are not a part of FW? Who's fault is that now? Ah yes CCP's and not your own. It has been made clear for a while now that you need to be in FW for this.

I am glad you can see the way it should be. If in fact you are being sarcastic, you need to work on it. Further more you do need to come to terms with the fact of what DUST 514 is and how much of a vital role it is in lowsec and it has no business in highsec at all. I am sure you can cease with the QQ and move on. If you cannot then I wish you luck with whatever it is you wish to do.
Arch Convivitor
Tempest Freelancers
#69 - 2013-01-11 18:57:53 UTC
Since the Dust migration my Mac client has been VERY crashy.

Was good before.
MeagerMiner
#70 - 2013-01-11 19:07:26 UTC
Where are the replies to all these "issues" and "problems"? Thats my issue..
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#71 - 2013-01-11 19:40:48 UTC
Why can't dust players use "official" chat channels? And by official like the language channels and so on.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Arch Convivitor
Tempest Freelancers
#72 - 2013-01-11 19:51:54 UTC
Routine disconnections. Game is unplayable.
Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#73 - 2013-01-11 20:28:19 UTC
Joe D'Trader wrote:
Hi ah... you,

My FPS dropped to ~17 instead of ~30. A couple other people have said they noticed Eve being sluggish as well but haven't seen it posted yet so here it is.

I can confirm that I have seen a drop in FPS and some chop (sluggishness) in game since the round of dust patches began, most noticeable in this last one.

I have also had a couple of corpies mention this too.
I've seen some folks mention disconnects, but the random drop of one client or 2 on my system and not the other logged in clients, but that's been happening for a while so likely not related?

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Jethro Campbell
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2013-01-11 20:43:05 UTC
mkint wrote:
The whole point of the hype about 'nuke it from orbit' was the griefing potential. Looks like no griefing options. I am disappoint.

Agree.

This is happening in lowsec.

I should be able to randomly nuke dustbunnies from orbit if I wish to do so.

Can you add deadfall ordinance? I'd like to see someone with a planetary system stop a 20,000 M3 chunk of veldspar dropped from high orbit.
Raven Dasani
Tek Trek Consortium
#75 - 2013-01-11 21:37:22 UTC
Not sure about about anyone else's Corp, but my Corp can not send Corp mails to DUST players. We have to put each individual name into the To: block on the mail in order to send it mail to DUST players.
Lex Avril
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#76 - 2013-01-11 21:43:27 UTC
graphics issue: when aligning, it showed the warp tunnel (streams), even when my slow vessel isn't in warp yet.
happened once now, not replicable.
Nightlund Audeles
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-01-11 22:00:20 UTC
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
Hadn't realized FW = Low-Sec, as you imply. Strange, though, that during my (extended) time in low-sec, I never seem to have encountered any FW, of importance. *shrug*

Keep trying. You do eventually grow up. Eventually.

Nightlund Audeles wrote:
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
Yes, that is right. It is "my fault" that I am not a member of FW.

I forgot, if I do not do what you and CCP want me to do with my time in this game, it is my fault.

I will immediately observe your wishes.

Nightlund Audeles wrote:
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
From the Dust 514 FAQ: "If the EVE capsuleer is not a member of FW he will not be able to connect to the district or receive strike requests at all."

Well, I am glad that I have told all my PS3 playing friends (and relatives!) to try Dust 514 during the closed beta.

And, for what? I won't eve be able to even see what it is about from the Eve side. At all.

Thanks CCP! Again.

So from what I gather (and I could be wrong) is you are not a part of FW? Who's fault is that now? Ah yes CCP's and not your own. It has been made clear for a while now that you need to be in FW for this.

I am glad you can see the way it should be. If in fact you are being sarcastic, you need to work on it. Further more you do need to come to terms with the fact of what DUST 514 is and how much of a vital role it is in lowsec and it has no business in highsec at all. I am sure you can cease with the QQ and move on. If you cannot then I wish you luck with whatever it is you wish to do.

Clearly even this noob knows that FW happens in low-sec. Maybe if you would come out of the station you would see low-sec FW of importance.
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#78 - 2013-01-11 22:15:38 UTC
Raven Dasani wrote:
Not sure about about anyone else's Corp, but my Corp can not send Corp mails to DUST players. We have to put each individual name into the To: block on the mail in order to send it mail to DUST players.

This is being worked on, no ETA for a release on it but it is coming. We firmly believe that this is something essential for making sure players from both games feel involved in New Eden.

Celly Smunt wrote:
Joe D'Trader wrote:
Hi ah... you,

My FPS dropped to ~17 instead of ~30. A couple other people have said they noticed Eve being sluggish as well but haven't seen it posted yet so here it is.

I can confirm that I have seen a drop in FPS and some chop (sluggishness) in game since the round of dust patches began, most noticeable in this last one.

I have also had a couple of corpies mention this too.
I've seen some folks mention disconnects, but the random drop of one client or 2 on my system and not the other logged in clients, but that's been happening for a while so likely not related?

o/
Celly

If possible can you please submit a bug report, and get others you know experiencing this to do the same, from within game. Be sure to include as much information as possible including system specs, what activities you notice the frame rate drops, and any other information you think may be relevant.

Chribba wrote:
Why can't dust players use "official" chat channels? And by official like the language channels and so on.

I will double check on this but I believe it has something to do with the channels not being real channels and based on your session... or something. Guess I am talking crap now. Either way I will try and get an answer for you.

Any chance I can get some examples of what channels are causing this?

Arch Convivitor wrote:
Since the Dust migration my Mac client has been VERY crashy.

Was good before.

As with all other crash/performance issues PLEASE submit bug reports from within game. It helps us unbelievably and if you can include system specs along with any other information you can it is double helpful.

Oma Lorche wrote:
I dont know if its only me but I have problem with corp management window. When I try to change roles some of the members are displayed x3 . If I try change any role after reopening window nothing changes. Bug? or maybe something wrong with my client

I am not at the office and so can't check, but I have not heard of anyone listing this as a defect. If you can reproduce it please bug report it along with reproduction steps. Seems like something we maybe want to look into. :P

Mr Jeebs wrote:
Quick middle question...

Can u transfer ISK and AUR between EVE players and DUST players... Or is there any way to do it?

tenx on quick stupid question...

MR J

As it stands no, this is not possible. We have not announced any dates, but we do plan on slowly opening that link between the games. It is one of the areas we are most watchful of and want to take nice and slow. So expect it to happen, just not all at once.

BugraT WarheaD wrote:
Eve and Dust players cannot have a voice conversation via eve voice even if Dust Players bought a TVU. It's really annoying because it's working in every other channels of communications Sad

Not sure I follow. You are saying you can have a voice chat in ever other channel, just not... not which ones? Or do you mean the voice chat does not work but other forms of communication like text chat and EVE mail do work?

Haifisch Zahne wrote:
I apologize. I didn't realize I had to spell out obvious points. To adults.

But, in my mind, if a company comes out with some "ground-breaking" new game, one would want its players, and not just a few of them, to become excited and involved. From the start.

I use to be the former. I am now neither.

Tahnil wrote:
On top: it‘s the very FIRST iteration of the EVE-Dust Link, with Dust only being Closed Beta at the moment. Keep cool. Mine Veldspar. Shoot red crosses. But please don‘t whine if the link doesn‘t affect you at the moment.

I am sorry you feel that way, the lack of being excited that is. While we do want people to be involved in and excited about the integration of DUST, as a fundamental goal of this we cannot break EVE. We have a commitment to our existing players to not break their game. To ensure we don't ruin EVE though we are taking this slow. EVE launched small and grew over time to the size it is now. We hope to do the same with the DUST link. Start with something small but solid and grow it over time. We have just done something ground breaking in the games industry in connecting these two games, so we are not shy about doing crazy. You could however call us a bit shy about risking breaking EVE for our existing players.

That all said, I do hope we can get you excited again as we continue to move forward and not just improve the DUST that is out but as we continue to expand the link and interaction between the two games.

Nightlund Audeles wrote:
The only trouble I can see now is last night my Maulus was cap stable when I logged off. When I logged in today it shows my cap will be gone in 40 seconds. However, when I fly with my MWD on my cap loses only one bar and that is it. Clearly that is a bug that needs to be looked at as it might cause a problem with future ship fitting.

Please fill out a bug report from in-game on this. I believe I have heard someone else talk about it but getting more instances of this happening and the details on it will help us track it down.

[quote=Hellen Bach][quote=Skalle Pande]Not part of FW, and not whining about not being part of the planet-bombing, just curious: The FAQ says
[quote]You can travel to one of the systems where a NPC Mercenary corporation is stationed and talk to them in local. They can be found in the following systems:

Ana, Marthia, Kothe,...

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#79 - 2013-01-11 22:15:56 UTC
Deiniol Riker wrote:
Helena Russell Makanen wrote:
I Love Lesbians wrote:
Could we not get DUST messages in the eve client please? Locks up the game for information about dust players having to restart their PS3. Not really what I say useful information.

This. ^^ In addition how can I remove them from my local channel and station list.

I am one of the unfortunate Eve players who had them dumped in my home system/station. The station list is clogged with masses of them and the local is frustrating everyone (them also) due to two totally different games being talked about in one channel.

+1

Although I am able to un-check the 'Show Infantry' in the Membership Settings for the local channel, it will temporarily clear the infantry from the membership list, then as they chat in local again they are added back and shown in the membership list again.

These players do not affect my game play and I have a better use for local. The un-checked 'Show Infantry' should permanently block them from showing up in local.

First on the topic of chat channels and showing infantry even after unchecking the box for it. We are aware of this, it is a defect in the EVE client. I don't know when a fix will be coming but it is classified as a defect and will get fixed as you are correct, if you have unchecked that box we shouldn't be showing them. My apologies on that. :)

Second on the not getting messages meant for DUST players in EVE. We are aware of this issue and have made note of it. I saw a few emails floating around about it. I don't know when we will get a fix for it, but I know it is something we are looking into. I know that is not the answer you are looking for and I apologize, but hopefully it is better than nothing.

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#80 - 2013-01-11 22:18:47 UTC
Well that is a big of text... hopefully that answers some questions. It is only the last two pages though but I need to start getting ready to head out tonight. I will try and come back to this tomorrow though.

Take care guys and I shall be back!