These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Pod Ransoming or that aspect of piracy dies this winter.

Author
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#21 - 2011-10-21 07:00:12 UTC
Hey another South-African!

Personally I like it. Hell I tried to ransom someone for a knock-knock joke last night, but I had to pod him since he was being a douche.
Sutskop
LENINGRAD SPB Ru
#22 - 2011-10-21 08:17:09 UTC
Actually I think this will boost pod ransoming. Now we can finally see a history of the victims implant losses and set prices accordingly :) The whole podding wil actually matter and be documented.
Via Shivon
#23 - 2011-10-21 08:24:20 UTC
means med slots full sensor boosters in the future ^^
Tauren Tom
Order of the Silver Dragons
Silver Dragonz
#24 - 2011-10-21 12:19:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauren Tom
Time to install more jumpclones :D


Or simply open character sheet > augmentations > UNPLUG > Laugh at rage that KM shows no implants
In the grand scheme of things... You're all pubbies. So HTFU.   "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood Blues
Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-10-21 13:40:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagan Storm
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:


Are you the same guy that wanted to be able to prevent people from knowing the fittings of the ships they destroyed?


nop. Somebodey else...


I know some people want it bad.... real bed... since you can go so far on a killmail... But somehow same as people dont have a legit reason for must have i dont have an actual legit reason for not adding it.

Its just fluff.

Personally i dont want it. Much more fun to talk about screwing up and loosing a crystal set then to just link an empty husk that is killmail link. Has no personality to it. Or that warm fuzzy fealing...

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

BuzzyBeagle
Centers for Intergalactic Mercantile Acquisition
#26 - 2011-10-21 15:26:49 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Arguably its likely to increase....as pods are more valuabel for the kills.

But in likelyhood it wont change one bit....people pod because they can and they will...paying the ransom is pointless anyway.

No guarentees are offered in EVE.



I would actually prefer someone pay me the ransom. However 9 time out of 10, the ransomee is being a complete phucwit, and I have no other recourse, but to remove the phucwit from local.

As for the implants on the pod mails, I think it is a bout time really.

Fitting implants is no different than fitting your ship. Except for the fact that you can't screw that up too bad....


No argument here....as much as I hate Killmails for any number of reasons...I never understood why implants wheren't included on them in the first place concerning the purpose of killmails.

Let the trolling games begin for implant sets/preferences.


zeroseven you must REALLY hate killmails.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2011-10-21 16:22:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Aqriue
You know that buff to destroyers everyone was always asking for....and there you go.

And in other news, alt account is being turned off and main account is flopping even closer as I am loosing interest in EVE. Last I kept hearing, it was very difficult to make implants appear on KM and now I relize this is just the standard CCP smoke screen being blow out of their ass to cover for "Opps, we made a mistake like how probes couldn't be added to overview but now its an easy add and got to come up with some mumbo-jumbo as to why its damn near impossible to correct the pods so we are going to lie about it." And yet its being implemented with in weeks of CCP's quick change of focus and it wasn't even a hugely requested feature, next up unscannable Orca hold no longer unscannable because a line of text -> scan doesn't exist at the moment and CCP to half assed until some wierd moment to fix it.

This change to pod mails doesn't even affect game play at all, its just to encourage statwhores to print on paper those lovely killmails, stuff it in a tubesock, and self-dickpunch with KY jelly + kleenix (like a couple rounds getting punched by Mike Tyson) to destroy pods with disposable alts in destroyers. The KM effiency will go up astronomicly while aggressive players avoid risk in cheap ships, anything can destroy a pod and now I see headhunting groups popping hundreds of millions worth of implants in 3 mill ships. AFK in a frig is the thing of the past, even cargo less will get popped in highsec more often then it does now just because the pod will bloat someone's killboard. Yet I do remember seeing a dev mentioning this idea was bad to discourage people from focusing on pods after a gank, now even Udema will light up even more.

Only reason this feature is being implemented, CCP can't come up with a reliable isk sink except to make it more worthwile for said dickpunching statwhores to destroy pods with +5 implants. +5 are to expensive to replace on a consistant basis, so you avoid combat and don't buy much else. CCP "encourages" other players to take those +5 from you, which being that they reduce alot of time spent aquiring SP (TIME is worth more to me then ISK) means you have to replace them and I just can't bother to grind out more isk while stressing out some basement rat isn't going to pop the pod the very next day after replacing it. EVE isn't worth it and I just don't really care more.
Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-10-21 16:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Drake Draconis
BuzzyBeagle wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Arguably its likely to increase....as pods are more valuabel for the kills.

But in likelyhood it wont change one bit....people pod because they can and they will...paying the ransom is pointless anyway.

No guarentees are offered in EVE.



I would actually prefer someone pay me the ransom. However 9 time out of 10, the ransomee is being a complete phucwit, and I have no other recourse, but to remove the phucwit from local.

As for the implants on the pod mails, I think it is a bout time really.

Fitting implants is no different than fitting your ship. Except for the fact that you can't screw that up too bad....


No argument here....as much as I hate Killmails for any number of reasons...I never understood why implants wheren't included on them in the first place concerning the purpose of killmails.

Let the trolling games begin for implant sets/preferences.


zeroseven you must REALLY hate killmails.


Only when brain damaged people who are so butthurt over an individual that they are obessively compelled on a disorderly level to smacktalk like a idiot with a garbage mouth.

Yes...we all know you hate me....get over it.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Slider VII
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2011-10-21 17:33:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Slider VII
Aqriue wrote:




U mad bro?Shocked

Slider VII Recruitment Director - Grey Templars Recruitment Officer - Fidelas Constans [FCON]

egola
NSFW federation
#30 - 2011-10-21 17:46:16 UTC
please, please, PLEAASEE let the patch come with some nanite based lube cause this ones gonna hurt
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
The Revenant Order
#31 - 2011-10-21 17:47:34 UTC
BuzzyBeagle wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Arguably its likely to increase....as pods are more valuabel for the kills.

But in likelyhood it wont change one bit....people pod because they can and they will...paying the ransom is pointless anyway.

No guarentees are offered in EVE.



I would actually prefer someone pay me the ransom. However 9 time out of 10, the ransomee is being a complete phucwit, and I have no other recourse, but to remove the phucwit from local.

As for the implants on the pod mails, I think it is a bout time really.

Fitting implants is no different than fitting your ship. Except for the fact that you can't screw that up too bad....


No argument here....as much as I hate Killmails for any number of reasons...I never understood why implants wheren't included on them in the first place concerning the purpose of killmails.

Let the trolling games begin for implant sets/preferences.


zeroseven you must REALLY hate killmails.


I lol'd

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2011-10-21 17:51:06 UTC
Slider VII wrote:
Aqriue wrote:
You know that buff to destroyers everyone was always asking for....and there you go.

And in other news, alt account is being turned off and main account is flopping even closer as I am loosing interest in EVE. Last I kept hearing, it was very difficult to make implants appear on KM and now I relize this is just the standard CCP smoke screen being blow out of their ass to cover for "Opps, we made a mistake like how probes couldn't be added to overview but now its an easy add and got to come up with some mumbo-jumbo as to why its damn near impossible to correct the pods so we are going to lie about it." And yet its being implemented with in weeks of CCP's quick change of focus and it wasn't even a hugely requested feature, next up unscannable Orca hold no longer unscannable because a line of text -> scan doesn't exist at the moment and CCP to half assed until some wierd moment to fix it.

This change to pod mails doesn't even affect game play at all, its just to encourage statwhores to print on paper those lovely killmails, stuff it in a tubesock, and self-dickpunch with KY jelly + kleenix (like a couple rounds getting punched by Mike Tyson) to destroy pods with disposable alts in destroyers. The KM effiency will go up astronomicly while aggressive players avoid risk in cheap ships, anything can destroy a pod and now I see headhunting groups popping hundreds of millions worth of implants in 3 mill ships. AFK in a frig is the thing of the past, even cargo less will get popped in highsec more often then it does now just because the pod will bloat someone's killboard. Yet I do remember seeing a dev mentioning this idea was bad to discourage people from focusing on pods after a gank, now even Udema will light up even more.

Only reason this feature is being implemented, CCP can't come up with a reliable isk sink except to make it more worthwile for said dickpunching statwhores to destroy pods with +5 implants. +5 are to expensive to replace on a consistant basis, so you avoid combat and don't buy much else. CCP "encourages" other players to take those +5 from you, which being that they reduce alot of time spent aquiring SP (TIME is worth more to me then ISK) means you have to replace them and I just can't bother to grind out more isk while stressing out some basement rat isn't going to pop the pod the very next day after replacing it. EVE isn't worth it and I just don't really care more.




U mad bro?Shocked


Not empty quoting.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#33 - 2011-10-21 18:57:18 UTC
Slider VII wrote:
Aqriue wrote:




U mad bro?Shocked




He mad, but I loved reading that and the terms he used.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#34 - 2011-10-21 19:58:18 UTC
Now if only Nex stuff would get blown up with the pod kill.

No good deed goes unpunished

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-10-21 19:58:32 UTC
Slider VII wrote:
U mad bro?Shocked


Oh look, a whore.

Seriously, I can sense the humidity increase as thousands of KMwhores get wet betwixt the thighs right now. I'm not exactly sure why this was necessary, but since they are doing this, they can now create a way to differentiate between BPOs and BPCs as far as isk value on KBs. And in the meantime, I'll fly vanilla clones from now on.
"If."
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#36 - 2011-10-21 21:09:26 UTC
Nephilius wrote:
Slider VII wrote:
U mad bro?Shocked


Oh look, a *****.

Seriously, I can sense the humidity increase as thousands of KMwhores get wet betwixt the thighs right now. I'm not exactly sure why this was necessary, but since they are doing this, they can now create a way to differentiate between BPOs and BPCs as far as isk value on KBs. And in the meantime, I'll fly vanilla clones from now on.



No need to be angry about anything in a game though.

Were it up to be, pods would become indestructible but useless conveyances that lack D-scanners and overviews except for gates and stations, but the loss of the ship and the expected power surges and EM pulses cause loss of implants - some or all.

Therefore everybody loses implants and worse, no short clone ride home either. The loss of implants becomes something that everybody has to deal with, even the PVe crowd.

But presently the way it's set up, there was really no reason not to have implants on the KM. I don't like KMs either - they should be replaced with incident reports that would show a loss or kill as an outcome, but an IR for every encounter would help those who who not kill (haulers, logistics, etc) but also get attacked but manage to survive. Right now it's kill or be killed to have any record of PVP, and that's why you have KMwhores and non-combatant pilots who can't get recruited out of high sec for lack of PVP evidence.

I have been in a lot of skirmishes but did not get in on the kills, and been attacked, scrammed, etc and managed to escape (thanks BS-sized AB on a BC, large nuet, ECM drones) but cannot prove a damned thing because it's kill something or get killed by something.

And furthermore, who is having a billion ISK in implants and flying a cheap ship? I never heard of that. Does a cheap T1 frig get that much out of a good implant set?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
The Revenant Order
#37 - 2011-10-24 14:48:49 UTC
Zoe Alarhun wrote:

Personally I like it. Hell I tried to ransom someone for a knock-knock joke last night, but I had to pod him since he was being a douche.


Now this is made of win.

It's not always about the ISK. It's about entertainment value, and if the guy would have come up with a knock-knock joke, and would have been let go, I'm sure he probably would have laughed, and given you a lot of respect. Too bad he was a douche canoe.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Barakkus
#38 - 2011-10-24 19:22:49 UTC
Nephilius wrote:
Slider VII wrote:
U mad bro?Shocked


Oh look, a *****.

Seriously, I can sense the humidity increase as thousands of KMwhores get wet betwixt the thighs right now. I'm not exactly sure why this was necessary, but since they are doing this, they can now create a way to differentiate between BPOs and BPCs as far as isk value on KBs. And in the meantime, I'll fly vanilla clones from now on.



KM whore checking in. Bear

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

jimmyjam
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#39 - 2011-10-25 00:10:10 UTC
Why are people whining about implants on killmails, i think provides good info on the sense of loss the victim has and lots of other positive benefits.CCP has been talking about doing this forever along with that old idea of salvaging imps from corpses and what not i don't see the issue.Big smile
Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2011-10-25 00:18:01 UTC
Have they put the "squish" sound back yet?

And in before "Eve has sound?"
Previous page123Next page