These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Could the Naga become a torp boat in the upcoming balance changes?

First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#101 - 2013-01-10 12:44:51 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
OffBeaT wrote:
We need too solo fight more people to understand how out of whack some of these BS with Cruse on them are vs. anything. they are not just out off balance they are out of whack is more the term to use, so I hope they are going to do these fixes that are worth something.. I cant fly any cal BS anymore.. I gotta eject them these days.. I am ashamed to fly a cal bs..


The Rokh is pretty good as a fleet ship.

So is the Scorpion.
But neither of those are missile ships, and the Scorpion isn't even really intended as a DPS platform anyway.
Not that I personally have any problem with that.


Missiles don't scale as well in fleet combat as turrets do, especially in these low lag, Ti-Di days.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Daniel Whateley
#102 - 2013-01-10 12:55:39 UTC
why would you want missiles on a naga for, and siege launchers at that....? and besides the bc's released were for a gun platform for battlecruisers not to balance things out, and caldari have always been about railguns anyway, 70% of their ships have gun slots, we already have glass cannon torp boats for all races... :P and about someone saying the talos is for brawling stop trying to fit webs to it cause it wont work, and the naga aswell its a terrible rail boat, absolutely no dps unless your running a fleet of them..
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#103 - 2013-01-10 13:19:37 UTC
Daniel Whateley wrote:
and the naga aswell its a terrible rail boat, absolutely no dps


"No DPS"? Lol

You get close to 700 DPS at 70Km with CN Antimatter L on a standard fit 425mm rail Naga. Even more with Javelin.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

fukier
Brave Collective
#104 - 2013-01-10 16:56:36 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
snip


Yes, Caldari Hybrid ships are now in a much better state than they were before - please check the date of the post I quoted, it's back from 2011 around Crucible deployment, before we started the tiericide P

On a bright side note for missile users though, when we start rebalancing Battleships we will need to look into Cruise missiles and Torpedos as well, as both the Raven and Typhoon will heavily depend on them.



i am pretty sure when you allow te/tc to work on missiles this will be fixed...
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Spurty
#105 - 2013-01-10 17:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Spurty
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
snip


Yes, Caldari Hybrid ships are now in a much better state than they were before - please check the date of the post I quoted, it's back from 2011 around Crucible deployment, before we started the tiericide P

On a bright side note for missile users though, when we start rebalancing Battleships we will need to look into Cruise missiles and Torpedos as well, as both the Raven and Typhoon will heavily depend on them.


( http://cartoonswalls.com/thumbs/shrek_puss_in_boots_wallpaper-t2.jpg ) Will cruise missile spewing stealthbombers be making a return?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#106 - 2013-01-10 17:46:21 UTC
Tippia wrote:
BrutalButFair wrote:
I completly agree. And also because caldari are primarily missile users.
Nah. Caldari are primarily missile and hybrid users. The Naga fits that bill perfectly as is and it would be a shame to ruin a ship for no good reason.

What they certainly don't need more of is meh-ish missile boats.



No self respecting Calamari trains rails.....What?



Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#107 - 2013-01-10 18:00:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Proletariat Tingtango
my T1 fit ratting naga pumps out close to 900 DPS. That's with sub-optimal skills and some cheap implants. It's nice, because I can clear an anomaly in about 25 mins if I'm paying attention/keeping transversal up/staying reasonably close to my effective range. The amount of effort involved in this kind of ratting actually makes the game engaging and rewarding, so ratting is almost *fun* in a naga right now.

If I was T2 fit I'm told I would have DPS in the thousands, but I have other training priorities at the moment. As it stands I can pull in something like 50m isk/hour, which I'm sure is chump change to a lot of people, but it's hands down the best ratting ship at its skill/price point.

Nobody should try to take that away from me, or pain will be experienced. A torpedo boat? Go to hell.

I have no idea nor do I care what the naga can do in pvp; I have other ships for that, but unless your post claims "The Naga is great the way it is, if anything it should be left alone, but maybe have its DPS output doubled and its defensive capabilities raised." You are wrong and I actually feel real hatred towards you.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#108 - 2013-01-10 18:13:53 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Tippia wrote:
BrutalButFair wrote:
I completly agree. And also because caldari are primarily missile users.
Nah. Caldari are primarily missile and hybrid users. The Naga fits that bill perfectly as is and it would be a shame to ruin a ship for no good reason.

What they certainly don't need more of is meh-ish missile boats.



No self respecting Calamari trains rails.....What?





On the contrary, small and large rails own, and any "Calamari"that doesn't train for them is a fool.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Amun Doshu
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#109 - 2013-01-10 18:38:09 UTC
Gempei wrote:
DrunkenNinja wrote:
Roime wrote:
Why?

Because missile users don't have a "T3" BC?

we dont need useless torp ship What?


you might not, i would need
Amun Doshu
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#110 - 2013-01-10 18:40:06 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Tippia wrote:
BrutalButFair wrote:
I completly agree. And also because caldari are primarily missile users.
Nah. Caldari are primarily missile and hybrid users. The Naga fits that bill perfectly as is and it would be a shame to ruin a ship for no good reason.

What they certainly don't need more of is meh-ish missile boats.



No self respecting Calamari trains rails.....What?





On the contrary, small and large rails own, and any "Calamari"that doesn't train for them is a fool.



a beginner have to make a decision if he wanna train guns or missiles... only fools think both can be done on the same level...
Yeovilty
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2013-01-10 18:40:27 UTC
Ohishi wrote:
Only if they make cruise missiles not suck.


Cruise missiles suck? Hm... news to me.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#112 - 2013-01-10 19:00:37 UTC
Amun Doshu wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Tippia wrote:
BrutalButFair wrote:
I completly agree. And also because caldari are primarily missile users.
Nah. Caldari are primarily missile and hybrid users. The Naga fits that bill perfectly as is and it would be a shame to ruin a ship for no good reason.

What they certainly don't need more of is meh-ish missile boats.



No self respecting Calamari trains rails.....What?





On the contrary, small and large rails own, and any "Calamari"that doesn't train for them is a fool.



a beginner have to make a decision if he wanna train guns or missiles... only fools think both can be done on the same level...

Well, if he chooses to specialize in only missiles he should also know that he is eliminating half the ships for his race. Which is fine, but then he has no room to complain.

Consequences.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#113 - 2013-01-10 19:27:08 UTC
Doesn't the Naga fill the same niche as the Rokh the way things stand?
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#114 - 2013-01-10 20:48:51 UTC
DrunkenNinja wrote:
So, I saw the changes to the cyclone becoming a missile boat and it got me thinking: "Maybe now they'll make the Naga a torpedo ship?"
From my understanding, the role of the Naga is largely similar to that of the Talos.
So what if in the upcoming balance changes, the Naga was given bonuses to siege missile launchers?


Dont touch my 150km sniper

.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#115 - 2013-01-10 22:14:20 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
No.


What this man has said.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2013-01-10 22:21:20 UTC
and people wonder why some ships suck.

of course they do, with other people trying to break a reliable and useable turret ship because "it's not missiles".

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#117 - 2013-01-10 22:56:10 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
DrunkenNinja wrote:
So, I saw the changes to the cyclone becoming a missile boat and it got me thinking: "Maybe now they'll make the Naga a torpedo ship?"
From my understanding, the role of the Naga is largely similar to that of the Talos.
So what if in the upcoming balance changes, the Naga was given bonuses to siege missile launchers?

Dont touch my 150km sniper

Your "150km sniper" eh <3 <3

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#118 - 2013-01-11 02:31:48 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
No More Heroes wrote:
DrunkenNinja wrote:
So, I saw the changes to the cyclone becoming a missile boat and it got me thinking: "Maybe now they'll make the Naga a torpedo ship?"
From my understanding, the role of the Naga is largely similar to that of the Talos.
So what if in the upcoming balance changes, the Naga was given bonuses to siege missile launchers?

Dont touch my 150km sniper

Your "150km sniper" eh <3 <3


Well I could say 'our' but then it would degenerate into a goonspiracy thread and the naga would be emergency patched into a torpedo boat What?

.

terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#119 - 2013-01-11 02:34:24 UTC
Why the hell would you want to change the naga? It's the good the way it is. I like being able to shoot up to 200km.............
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#120 - 2013-01-11 02:35:36 UTC
I thought it was the only cool looking ship with the old missile effects

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt