These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How about letting eve plays bombard planets anytime they want?

Author
Thirdcalette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-01-10 14:20:39 UTC
What I am asking for is the ability to just bomb dust players in low & null without request.

I have PI but I do not like the idea of having to purchase a terrible console unit to defend it or hire some console players. Until it goes PC this is a annoying update and I would like a little balance for the main players. Sorry if this has been suggested before. In all honesty I just dont like console players and consider them lower than the Homeless livestock in my ship cargohold.
Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#2 - 2013-01-10 14:50:31 UTC
why so much hate for console player?

It would only make sense for you to lock onto your own PI installation and bombard it from space. I would support that idea. But bombarding anything else does not make any sense (neither from game mechanics nor from lore point of view).
Eliniale
Co-operative Resource Extraction
#3 - 2013-01-10 16:28:37 UTC
Sorry mate, but OP much?

The idea isn't to create a smoking pile of rubble from every planet, but rather take control of them.

(Although i'm sorta assuming this is a troll post)

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Viktoria Von Doom
Oceania Endeavors Incorporated
#4 - 2013-01-10 16:56:17 UTC
Solution for the whiners:

Let anyone bombard anywhere, any time. But unless called for by a DUST player, it won't do anything other than look pretty and waste ammo.

BOOM, +1 isk sink. I just fixed the game.
Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-01-10 17:01:10 UTC
Viktoria Von Doom wrote:
Solution for the whiners:

Let anyone bombard anywhere, any time. But unless called for by a DUST player, it won't do anything other than look pretty and waste ammo.

BOOM, +1 isk sink. I just fixed the game.

That's a material sink, not an ISK sink. Goddamn pubbies.

Interested Party (TM)

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#6 - 2013-01-10 17:27:29 UTC
Atm Dust 514 is limited to FW noob Straight

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Thirdcalette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-01-10 19:53:05 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:

yeah.. atm. I would rather have it programed in BEFORE it is released to interact with PI, which was the plan... noob.
Harnath Boloskarl
Deep Space Search and Rescue Team
#8 - 2013-01-10 20:07:29 UTC
Thirdcalette wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:

yeah.. atm. I would rather have it programed in BEFORE it is released to interact with PI, which was the plan... noob.

Dust probably won't be integrated with PI until we get a major PI overhaul, the right now it's not worth it to actually defend the majority of your planets. The cost of setup of both extraction and production planets is insignificant compared to the output, and it would be cheaper to just set up a new colony rather than put in the effort to defend existing facilities. The only significant planetside assets are your PI products, which can simply be shipped up to a customs office.

While I would love to have a reason to hire dust mercs to defend my planets, I just don't see it happening with current mechanics.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#9 - 2013-01-10 20:32:02 UTC
Strap the mercs onto drones, drop em off on enemy ships with giant can openers, and have them do damage-over-time effects.

(By can opener think anything that hurts the target vessel somehow, heck, it could be just like a giant can opener even)