These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Moving POS to new corp

Author
Conrad Lionhart
#1 - 2011-10-24 16:49:36 UTC
Hey folks,

I know that if you want to change corps, you have to disassemble the POS, change corps, then set everything up again.

But searching old posts don't reveal how far you have to disassemble and are quite vague.

So my question is, can I do this:

1. Offline and unanchor everything, but don't scoop any POS structure. Leave them unanchored in space.
2. Join the new corp. Get POS privileges.
3. Anchor and online everything on the spot.

Are the above 3 steps possible?
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2011-10-24 17:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
You have to unanchor, scoop, change corp, re-launch, and re-anchor everything. The launching process sets the ownership.
Cyniac
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-10-24 17:08:24 UTC
I like your thinking.

Honestly I've not tried it. I do know that structures (at least some of them) "remember" who they belong to until scooped up (well ships and containers do) so I have a feeling this might not work as you intend it to (as POS structures always belong to a corp, not a to a pilot).

Having said that, if you do give it a shot let us know.
Papppy
Ruby Dracos
#4 - 2011-10-24 17:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Papppy
As Tau said. unanchor everything. scoop, after everything is scooped. join new corp. relauch for corp, anchor.

Ensure you can trust new corp. It's a common scam to get peeps to join and steal thier assets (pos) by kicking them out after pos is anchored.
Conrad Lionhart
#5 - 2011-10-24 17:33:04 UTC
Ok thanks.

But if the mechanics work this way, are you saying that players from other corps cannot steal unanchored structures?
Kalmanaka
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-10-24 19:18:43 UTC
Anyone can scoop anything that is not anchored.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-10-25 00:07:49 UTC
Offline everything. Do not unanchor.
Remove strontium and fuel from tower.
Destroy the tower.
Put up a new tower.
Online everything.

This *should* work. I haven't tested it personally. Which method is better for you obviously depends on the value of your POS and the value of your time.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#8 - 2011-10-25 05:10:37 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
This *should* work. I haven't tested it personally. Which method is better for you obviously depends on the value of your POS and the value of your time.
I try to avoid recommending tactics I haven't tried, or at least I recommend that people try it on the test server first.

I don't think it will work though, as the modules will be disconnected from the control tower, and the only way I know of to reconnect them (and change ownership) is to unanchor, scoop, and re-launch. I base this on modules I anchored too far away from the tower, which became disconnected over downtime, and a tower I destroyed to place another.

If it does work though, posting a confirmation would be great.
Conrad Lionhart
#9 - 2011-10-26 11:16:45 UTC
Kalmanaka wrote:
Anyone can scoop anything that is not anchored.

So hold on, tell me if this works.

1. First, I offline and unanchor everything. But I don't scoop anything.
2. I quit the corp, and join a new one.
3. I scoop and "Launch for Corp" all the structures where I left them. I start with the tower first naturally.

Will this work?
Mad Shopper
Mad Industrial Consortium
#10 - 2011-10-26 19:24:02 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Destroy the tower.
Put up a new tower.
Online everything.

Even after the tower is killed you must unanchor all modules. The only difference is you can now unanchor them all at the same time instead of 1 by 1. It's up to you if it's faster to kill the tower or watch timers for a few hours.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-10-27 02:10:52 UTC
Mad Shopper wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Destroy the tower.
Put up a new tower.
Online everything.

Even after the tower is killed you must unanchor all modules. The only difference is you can now unanchor them all at the same time instead of 1 by 1. It's up to you if it's faster to kill the tower or watch timers for a few hours.

Right, that's the bit I was missing. I remember killing a tower and reclaiming all of its modules for our tower some time ago, without scooping and re-launching. I wasn't sure about the exact mechanics.
David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-10-29 13:44:25 UTC
Conrad Lionhart wrote:
Hey folks,

I know that if you want to change corps, you have to disassemble the POS, change corps, then set everything up again.

But searching old posts don't reveal how far you have to disassemble and are quite vague.

So my question is, can I do this:

1. Offline and unanchor everything, but don't scoop any POS structure. Leave them unanchored in space.
2. Join the new corp. Get POS privileges.
3. Anchor and online everything on the spot.

Are the above 3 steps possible?

u need to scoop it all......it wont let u anchor a pos if there is other structures present

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-10-29 13:45:42 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Destroy the tower.
Put up a new tower.
Online everything.

u cannot online another corp's offline stuff.........u still need to unanchor, scoop and launch for corp before you can reanchor them

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.