These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bio Reprocessing - Giving corpses a purpose?

First post
Author
Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2011-10-24 08:20:18 UTC
The latest announcement about pod killmails detailing implants and such has me thinking:

What if we could take those corpses and reprocess them in a station equipped to do so and recover a potentially intact implant? I'm not sure how you would balance this so that people aren't reaping a ton of implants, but I think this may be an interesting idea and would give a purpose to an item that is otherwise pretty useless. It would be kind of like a ship dropping modules.

What do you guys think?
BLACK-STAR
#2 - 2011-10-24 08:25:34 UTC
well, no, because this would lead to ppl asking to eject implants rather than destroying them to remove them off your live clone.

I think that whole necrophilia for implants idea is not good, I rather just burden them with the loss. and the dead bodies are just items themselves, there is nothing to salvage off a corpse.
Dradius Calvantia
Lip Shords
#3 - 2011-10-24 08:29:38 UTC
O hey content for Incarna. Forget making a trip down to the nearest seedy bar for drugs... I want to play autopsy with the corpse from the that carrier pilot who just self-destructed for the third time this week.

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#4 - 2011-10-24 08:32:38 UTC
I would like to see this too, salvaging usable implants or components from corpses that had them in.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2011-10-24 08:35:06 UTC
Moved from "EVE General Discussion".

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2011-10-24 08:35:14 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
well, no, because this would lead to ppl asking to eject implants rather than destroying them to remove them off your live clone.

They can still disallow it. Back it up with lore saying that cutting away dead tissue doesn't destroy the implant, but trying to remove the implant from live tissue without brain damage is impossible without destroying the implant.

Quote:
I think that whole necrophilia for implants idea is not good, I rather just burden them with the loss. and the dead bodies are just items themselves, there is nothing to salvage off a corpse.

If they lose their ship and are podded AND their fleet is victorious, their fleet has to hold the field while someone grabs the corpses and contracts them back to the owners for the CHANCE that they can get an implant back. The capsuleer will most likely still be burdened with the loss.
Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#7 - 2011-10-24 14:23:23 UTC
I'd say no on the implant recovery... but yes in converting to PI Biomass. Twisted

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Tyme Xandr
Weyl Manufacturing
#8 - 2011-10-24 16:28:29 UTC
Instead of implants why not just let them be reprocessed into Quafe? Its the only legal booster to run around with and its made from bio-mats.
el alasar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-10-27 19:36:03 UTC
eve concept is: anything can be looted and salvaged. so why not corpses after podding?

give each implant a chance of say 3% survival of the podding...

check the moderated 10000 papercuts evelopedia page! http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Little_things_and_ideas_-_low_hanging_fruit_-_10000_papercuts comment, bump(!) and like what you like

Caldari Citizen 20111101
Doomheim
#10 - 2011-10-29 06:50:30 UTC
There is a short story on the EvE website that features a man who engaged in bio reprocessing.
I forgot what the name of the story is but i remember him stating it was illegal.