These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cross Post: Now that CCPs focus is back on EVE...

Author
Kaelie Onren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-10-24 14:49:36 UTC
Can we maybe finally see some much needed improvements for the NON-PVP parts of spaceships in space game?

Hauling as a more viable profession

Making Trading Magnates a more viable business and not a clickfest
Making Higher level trading skills more USEFUL, by allowing delegation of orders

And the bounty hunting fix (not mine, but the only one that I have read that would seem to work)

Nil mortifi sine lucre
Tyme Xandr
Weyl Manufacturing
#2 - 2011-10-24 16:23:41 UTC
Because the last few expansions/patches that introduces new industrial ships (noctis, echelon, etc) and methods (PI) were not enough. I think CCP has focused enough time working on all the Solo aspects of EVE.

It'd be nice if time was spend making several of the tier 1 and tier 2 frigs and cruisers not throwaway once you spent a few hours skilling to frigate and cruiser 3. It'd be nice if weapons were given a good hard balancing (in their unique uses, respectfully).

While I am not saying your ideas are bad, as some of them are very good ideas, I think claiming that PVP has been the only thing worked on when viewed since just after Apoc is kinda odd.
Kaelie Onren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-25 12:19:48 UTC
Perhaps, but those changes were for industrial and salvage. Hauling and trading ( especially trading ) has some serious design flaws ( not well thought through at the upper skill levels ) that needs fixing. I don't think anything has come out for traders since the margin trading skill, and there are a lot of things that would benefit the economy as a whole if the fundamental cornerstones of a financial commercial system were better formed.
Tyme Xandr
Weyl Manufacturing
#4 - 2011-10-25 22:43:05 UTC
I agree that hauling and trading haven't been iterated on much, was mostly referring to how you said most of CCPs efforts have been based on PVP the last few expansions.

As for making hauling/trading content - I have nothing to really ad as I dont do either.