These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Chat channel issues tonight - possible solution

First post
Author
FatMat78
Worthless Carebears
The Initiative.
#81 - 2013-01-09 01:25:43 UTC
i think if you guys no its a problem at your end you should fix it immediately EvilEvilEvilEvil
Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#82 - 2013-01-09 01:25:59 UTC
Confirming that this is affecting quite a few people in alliance...
Ramatak
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2013-01-09 01:26:24 UTC
0mni Ca wrote:
You better dam reboot TQ, unable to do anything as I can't safely fly in nullsec without chat channels. I have 9 friggen accounts and all of them are useless. Fixed at downtime IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.

I completely agree. This is my only day off from work this week and I can't play eve. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
0mni Ca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2013-01-09 01:27:04 UTC
Like some people who play EVE, I have a job, so what you are basically saying, if you can't find a way to fix it without restarting EVE. I have lost a full 24 hours of not playing EVE. I wake up, go to work, come home at 5:30, and BAM. Full day down the crapper as I go to work at down time.

If I am not able to log in and play this entire day without the chat channels. There had better be some sort of compensation for lost time playing. Especially if you could have fixed the problem, but you didn't want to reboot TQ. I will wait to see what happens within the hour. But if I find out that tonight is a complete waste, and the problem is fixed at downtime tomorrow. Then you had better pony up compensation for all 9 accounts.
Cat silth
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#85 - 2013-01-09 01:27:31 UTC
Thanks ill wait till dt
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#86 - 2013-01-09 01:27:59 UTC
Leen Charante wrote:
0mni Ca wrote:
You better dam reboot TQ, unable to do anything as I can't safely fly in nullsec without chat channels. I have 9 friggen accounts and all of them are useless. Fixed at downtime IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.

agreed completly

CCP you call this tech support? There is another word that comes to my mind......

We are continuing to investigate the issue but rebooting TQ will also cause problems for many. If there is anything any of you feel that a GM can do to help, they are on shift right and doing their best to alleviate side effects as possible.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Xina Tutor
Hot Chicks
#87 - 2013-01-09 01:30:37 UTC
The join chanel, ignore error, relog trick worked for me. Chat back in opperation. for now.
FluffyDice
Kronos Research
#88 - 2013-01-09 01:31:07 UTC
Anyone requesting compensation should go and read the EULA again while they wait for things to get fixed. Kicking up a stink isn't going to get it fixed any quicker.
0mni Ca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2013-01-09 01:31:16 UTC
You could issue a warning, that in 30 mins time, or 1 hours time, TQ will be rebooting. That should give people enough time to get to a safe location for the reboot. It's not like I am saying, reboot within the next 1 min and screw everyone over.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#90 - 2013-01-09 01:31:39 UTC
I've had to scrub my corporation's ops for tonight because of this bug, CCP. At a guess, we're out about a billion ISK. Not impressed.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Ramatak
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-01-09 01:32:20 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Leen Charante wrote:
0mni Ca wrote:

agreed completly

CCP you call this tech support? There is another word that comes to my mind......

We are continuing to investigate the issue but rebooting TQ will also cause problems for many. If there is anything any of you feel that a GM can do to help, they are on shift right and doing their best to alleviate side effects as possible.

How is this a problem for many. You send out a notice that you are restarting TQ give people 15 mins to get safe and Reboot. How hard is that.
Toc Tentaarg
Macro Minerals Joint Venture
#92 - 2013-01-09 01:32:57 UTC
Clearing cache files worked for me :)
FluffyDice
Kronos Research
#93 - 2013-01-09 01:37:24 UTC
Logging off and on again sorted it for me. Had to manually rejoin to all my usual rooms though.
0mni Ca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-01-09 01:37:31 UTC
Just checked, as of 1 min ago, issue is fixed for me. Advise everyone to check as well who had the same node error message as I did.

The specified proxy or server node (863615) is dead

Thank you CCP for fixing the problem, for me at least, and sorry for causing a ruckus.
OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#95 - 2013-01-09 01:41:13 UTC
Client restart had no effect.
Cleaning cache had no effect.
Please stop giving beer to the Hamsters and act. "Yeah, yeah, we know, but is funny to see drunk Hamsters" is not a answer.
russkinnor
Failed Diplomacy
#96 - 2013-01-09 01:42:35 UTC
Multiple attempts at login, restart of both computer and client.

The specified proxy or server node (863576) is dead(multiple messages)

No chats other than local, tried all characters on the account... No dice.

Thanks,
Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#97 - 2013-01-09 01:42:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Syri Taneka
Ramatak wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Leen Charante wrote:
0mni Ca wrote:

agreed completly

How is this a problem for many. You send out a notice that you are restarting TQ give people 15 mins to get safe and Reboot. How hard is that.

What are you smoking down there in ER? Say I'm in the middle of a slugging match, suddenly message comes out that TQ is being cycled in 15 minutes. I'd be royally SCREWED, along with the entire rest of my fleet (and the enemies, for that matter = P).

The server should never be cycled unless the vast majority of players are affected. You don't punish many to help a few.
Edward Harris
Inner Geek
#98 - 2013-01-09 01:43:39 UTC
Just checked - still borked..

Raul Gavin
Fuctifino
#99 - 2013-01-09 01:45:02 UTC
Getting the same issue as everyone else in this thread.

I have re-logged, restarted my machine and cleared the cache. Still get the same error message:

The specified proxy or server node (863576) is dead

I'm on a mac but it seems to be an issue affecting all platforms.
Col Callahan
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#100 - 2013-01-09 01:45:22 UTC

Restarted 3 times now and no beans. both accounts seem to have the issue.