These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

5% Damage Bonus on Ferox Petition..

Author
Gungnir Winder
G3AR WAR
#1 - 2013-01-08 21:46:11 UTC
We need that bonus, Ferox it's just plain useless at the moment as Naga it's obviously better as a sniper given it can use large guns instead of medium.

/sign for it please !

My Youtube channelĀ  Gungnir Winder

StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#2 - 2013-01-08 21:48:16 UTC
Make the Ferox Useful!

/sign StarFleetCommander
CaptainFalcon07
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#3 - 2013-01-08 21:51:16 UTC
Agreed, if I wanted to snipe I would use the Naga.

Its got more range, more damage, more locking range, better mobility, and more midslots.

Its just simply a better sniper in every aspect compared to the Ferox.
Guados
Everyone vs Everything
#4 - 2013-01-08 22:14:47 UTC
/sign Guados

2nd in NEW EDEN OPEN TOURNAMENT My PvP Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Guadossss

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#5 - 2013-01-08 23:04:11 UTC
the downside is that the Naga is about as durable as 2 large ( generic brand ) sheets of tin foil.

yes

Gungnir Winder
G3AR WAR
#6 - 2013-01-08 23:14:57 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
the downside is that the Naga is about as durable as 2 large ( generic brand ) sheets of tin foil.

That is partially true, but I also believe that the efficiency of a sniper is given by the amount of dps it can deal at the maximum distance, rather than its durability

My Youtube channelĀ  Gungnir Winder

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-01-08 23:20:59 UTC
Lol@medium rail sniper. Give it a 10% per lvl mwd speed bonus, then you're onto something.Cool
Gods Messenger
#8 - 2013-01-08 23:36:43 UTC
Ferox = HAM Boat of Win

please make it happen

support this idea
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#9 - 2013-01-09 01:31:14 UTC
You guys need to meet the Blaster Talos.

Come on Talos, say Hello.

Don't worry, it only fires it's 8 Neutron Blasters on F1.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#10 - 2013-01-09 03:40:31 UTC
This already is very obviously going to happen when battlecruisers get re-balanced. Making a thread asking for it was incredibly redundant.
CaptainFalcon07
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#11 - 2013-01-09 05:11:47 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
This already is very obviously going to happen when battlecruisers get re-balanced. Making a thread asking for it was incredibly redundant.

Too bad Fozzie's current idea is the keep the silly range bonus.
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#12 - 2013-01-09 08:25:49 UTC
A damage bonus would be more usefull, this way it would be a nice brawler.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#13 - 2013-01-09 09:00:18 UTC
The problem with giving it bonuses to damage and shield resists is that it may just obsolete the Moa.
The problem with giving it bonuses to optimal is that the Naga is hilariously superior.
Rancor Kane
Geuzen Inc
#14 - 2013-01-09 09:12:32 UTC
Tier 3 Battlecruisers, the new Tier 2 Battlecruisers
Karak Bol
Low-Sec Survival Ltd.
#15 - 2013-01-09 09:22:18 UTC
Not signed, I like the optimal bonus
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#16 - 2013-01-09 09:26:39 UTC
+5% shield res/level
+10% optimal and +5% tracking/level

Maybe a railrox will hit something...

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Anthar Thebess
#17 - 2013-01-09 11:21:05 UTC
Naga will be always better for sniping.
Ferox should be gived a new role - i realy , REALY like this hull - but it is useless.

Right now 90% of Tier2 BC are worst in PVP when you compare them to the BC Tier 3.
They still have some role in PVE, but BS will always be better and T3 cruiser will be superior.

Be serious - nobody form CCP read this - as no body cares .
RavenTesio
Liandri Corporation
Liandri Covenant
#18 - 2013-01-09 12:30:44 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:

Blaster Fit the Naga, it is capable of 55,000 eHP with a Long Point & MWD with 1,200 DPS @ 25km Range and 1.4k/s before Boosts and Snake Set.

Unfortunately the downside of the fit is that you have to focus on other Battlecruisers, Battleship or Capitals. As Large Blasters don't exactly have amazing tracking.

While the Talos is more popular in this role, it can't hit as far AND requires the Drones to achieve the same Damage while also sacrificing a MASSIVE amount of it's Defensive Capabilities.

If you're fitting for a Sniping Role you shouldn't need Defenses... if you're concerned about being paper thin then you're frankly doing it WRONG

The Ferox is the same way, if you Blaster fit it; the damn thing has one heck of a nasty Tank while putting down 600+ DPS @ 10km with the added bonus over the Naga that you can actually hit smaller ships (Drones for Frigates and Tracking is fine vs Cruisers or above)

While this isn't quite the same as the 700+ DPS you can get out of the HAM Drake, keep in mind there is a massive difference between Theoretical Damage and Applied Damage with Missiles - unlike Guns where provided something is within Optimal Range then you're basically smacking someone about for your maximum +/- the usual EVE dice roll 'shot luck'

Even within Fall-Off Blasters are frankly just Nasty.

I mean most importantly what frustrates me is everyone sees it as a Caldari ship so is like "Oh Railguns should be used" and assume the Optimal Bonus is awesome for making ridiculous Sniper Boats... sure you could set them up like that, but really it makes far more sense to use Blasters because they have not only the SPEED to keep up with anything non-Minmatar but then that's what WEBs and Overloading is for.

Yet have enough range to ACTUALLY apply their damage without constantly hoping someone is stupid enough to engage at point blank.

Especially when Gallente Blaster boats to be reasonable speed have to be shield fit, which just causes them to be pure fail.
"Oh look we have ASB Gallente ships are awesomesauce now!" ... I have a killboard full of Gallente who seem to believe the ASB is the second coming of the EVEGate for their ships.

The funny thing here is people don't seem to comprehend that the issue with Railgun (or more traditional fit) Caldari Gunboats frankly don't work in general because without the ability to reach Sniper Range (as they're not exactly known for their amazing speed) they are absolutely horrible.

Problem here isn't the Ship, but the GUNS

Railguns come in 3 Flavours per Size: Short Range - Medium Range - Long Range

The problem though, is they're far too middle of the road in terms of what these guns go.
Volley Damage is enimic esp. when compared to Beam Lasers or Artillery
Damage per Second is also isn't overly terrible, but doesn't hold a candle to the close-range Pulse / AC / Blasters

What would make the most sense here would be if the Medium Range was Balanced Volley / Damage.
Short Range Focused on being on-par with say the Ion Blasters (so lower Volley but Higher Damage per Second)
Long Range Focused on being on-par with say Artillery (so higher Volley but Lower Damage per Second)
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-01-09 12:51:45 UTC
Raven above gets it, the range bonus is amazing with Blasters, as proven by the highly popular Blarpy, the blaster Ferox (Blerox? :p), the Brokh. I disagree with Fozzie about the need to retain Ferox' sniper role - it never worked and frankly, if they wanted a medium rail kiter, Moa would have made more sense, because a cruiser is supposed to be faster and more agile than the battlecruiser.

That said, double attack bonus boats can work at short range too - for example, Hurricane has damage and rof bonus, yet works just fine at close range as an AC platform. One thing I'd do with Ferox is give it a 7/6/4 layout, with 7 turrets and no utility highs to keep it in line with the rest of hybrid platforms and possibly increase its tank to Drake levels (after all, this isn't Talos we're talking about, so less damage must also equal less squishy)

Then again, my prefered role for a Drake would be close range nano HAM kiter (sorta missile vagabond) and taking resists from both caldari ships would be kinda cruel... :p
Recoil IV
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-01-09 15:45:12 UTC
/signed Recoil IV
12Next page