These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Venture needs a nerf?

Author
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#21 - 2013-01-08 15:05:05 UTC
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#22 - 2013-01-08 15:08:24 UTC
Who flies in wecanhavenicetoys-space without +3 scrams?

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#23 - 2013-01-08 15:10:35 UTC
Roime wrote:
Who flies in wecanhavenicetoys-space without +3 scrams?

+1

So I always forget does the scram need to match or exceed the WCS? So does a default venture with its plus 2 need 3 points of scram to hold down or just 2?
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#24 - 2013-01-08 15:18:50 UTC
Exceed, one stab invulnerabilitizises your from the sissy point. Thus one vanilla manpoint is not enough to stop the mighty Venture -> river of tears.

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#25 - 2013-01-08 15:22:50 UTC
Roime wrote:
Exceed, one stab invulnerabilitizises your from the sissy point. Thus one vanilla manpoint is not enough to stop the mighty Venture -> river of tears.

I knew there was a reason I bought those extra True sansha scrams
Matt Ellis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-01-08 15:45:37 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Matt Ellis wrote:
If you havent scanned the site down, the ship in the site and its align time isnt going to be a difference. its still going to warp away when it sees probes, no? if not, he's AFKing and is an easy kill...

If you have the system scanned out already, then they're an interesting kill. Should they be nerfed? NO, i don't think so. You just cant use the normal strategy to catch one. Hey, while we're at it, should we nerf the blockade runners, or cloaky transports cos they can't be caught by one point...

Again someone misses the point...

The blockade runner is a T2 ship worth over 100 million isk so no, it is not OP.

Let me ask a simpler question; Do you think the Venture needs the +2 warp strength to be an effective gas mining ship?

Was there a point to your first post?

All i heard was, "I want to be able to kill them easier..."

I think it needs them. its too glass to survive a light rain, so it needs some defense. The +2 warp strength is that defense. You just have to THINK about how you attack, rather than just, "WARP AND POINT FTW!" Think of it as adapting your play style.
Sushi Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-01-08 15:51:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Sushi Nardieu
Venture gets too many freebies. It would be an ok ship with zero fit. (Except gassers). That's not EVE. We always choose what we want the most out of our fits and sacrifice something to gain another thing. There is no sacrifice on this ship.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-01-08 16:00:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Matt Ellis wrote:

I think it needs them. its too glass to survive a light rain, so it needs some defense. The +2 warp strength is that defense. You just have to THINK about how you attack, rather than just, "WARP AND POINT FTW!" Think of it as adapting your play style.

Then try reading again because all i was asking is if all the abilities are necessary... Only 3 people in here have answered that question so far.

If you use a 3 point scram all you are doing is "WARP AND POINT FTW!" so i'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

I think if a pilot is skilled enough to scan down a frigate without being seen then they deserve that kill and shouldn't have to worry about overcompensating with 4 points.

But whatever, in all honesty i don't even waist my time trying to kill ventures and it's a shame that all a lot of people want to do is mine gas instead of pvp Sad
Klarion Sythis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-01-08 16:06:40 UTC
On the contrary, I think it needs a buff. We can finally see the return of the AOE doomsday. A mining doomsday. Fire at grav site, scoop ore, receive Nobel prize for game balance.
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#30 - 2013-01-08 16:07:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeson
Rek Seven wrote:
I think if a pilot is skilled enough to scan down a frigate without being seen then they deserve that kill and shouldn't have to worry about overcompensating with 4 points.

So you think people are entitled to kills because they can scan? They they deserve to be spoon fed a kill because they can land on grid with someone?

It's like everything else in life, if you're hunting you have to be able to catch it before you can kill it. adapt to your changing environment or don't get kills.

Though, I don't think a leopard is able to post on a forum about a gazelle running away from him, even after he spent three hours sneaking up on it. Personally, I think it would be embarrassing for him...possibly emasculating...but who knows? He's a leopard.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#31 - 2013-01-08 16:14:55 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Matt Ellis wrote:

Then try reading again because all i was asking is if all the abilities are necessary... Only 3 people in here have answered that question so far.

If you use a 3 point scram all you are doing is "WARP AND POINT FTW!" so i'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

But whatever, in all honesty i don't even waist my time trying to kill ventures and it's a shame that all a lot of people want to do is mine gas instead of pvp Sad

Oh the tears.

CCP seemed to think all the abilities are necessary.

And DESERVE? Seriously? I don't care if you have a maxed out, virtue wearing prober. You don't deserve **** until the KM is on your character sheet.

Oh and you are looking for waste. Waist is the thing my belt goes around to hold up my pants. That is if I ever wore pants. Lol
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-01-08 16:15:01 UTC
Ayeson wrote:

So you think people are entitled to kills because they can scan? They they deserve to be spoon fed a kill because they can land on grid with someone?

Do you think fitting an extra point requires more skill that combat scanning someone without them seeing you?

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-01-08 16:21:56 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:

Oh the tears.

And DESERVE? Seriously? I don't care if you have a maxed out, virtue wearing prober. You don't deserve **** until the KM is on your character sheet.

Oh and you are looking for waste. Waist is the thing my belt goes around to hold up my pants. That is if I ever wore pants. Lol

Great, you're proof reading forum posts now... How fun-filled your days must be...

Stop trolling and answer the original inferred question... Do they need all the abilities they have?
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#34 - 2013-01-08 16:24:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeson
Rek Seven wrote:
Ayeson wrote:

Do you think fitting an extra point requires more skill that combat scanning someone without them seeing you?

Answering my question with another question, I see what you did there. To answer yours, No, Its called being prepared. Starting forum post and calling for a ship to be nerfed because you cant fit a TS scram is laughable.

We don't seem to have any problems catching ventures in gas sites, but there's always some that get away. If someone is active and actually watching D-scan there is no way you can catch them in a venture, if they're smart. They'll see your combats the instant you ping the site, and then its game over anyways.
Spheranzinne
Color of Violence
#35 - 2013-01-08 16:24:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Spheranzinne
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-01-08 16:27:40 UTC
Ayeson wrote:

Though, I don't think a leopard is able to post on a forum about a gazelle running away from him, even after he spent three hours sneaking up on it. Personally, I think it would be embarrassing for him...possibly emasculating...but who knows? He's a leopard.

Yeah but when they leopard gets the gazelle, the gazzelle doesn't turn round and say "haha you just spend 100 mil on true sansha teeth to eat my 1 mil carcass... i make that every 10 seconds eating grass (gas)" Bear
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#37 - 2013-01-08 16:31:27 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Great, you're proof reading forum posts now... How fun-filled your days must be...
Stop trolling and answer the original inferred question... Do they need all the abilities they have?

Proofreading has nothing to do with word choice and grammar, do you even know what deserve means?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deserve

You saying that someone deserves a kill for being able to scan a frigate (which isnt that hard...) is exactly like me saying I deserve to not pay my 2012 taxes to the federal government because I found the post office.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-01-08 16:31:32 UTC
Ayeson wrote:

Answering my question with another question, I see what you did there. To answer yours, No, Its called being prepared. Starting forum post and calling for a ship to be nerfed because you cant fit a TS scram is laughable.

Why wouldn't i be able to fit a true sansha scram?

Again i ask, would the venture be good enough without the +2 warp strength? Not looking to get into a pissing contest with internet tough guys.
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#39 - 2013-01-08 16:32:45 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Ayeson wrote:

Yeah but when they leopard gets the gazelle, the gazzelle doesn't turn round and say "haha you just spend 100 mil on true sansha teeth to eat my 1 mil carcass... i make that every 10 seconds eating grass (gas)" Bear

And you have a killmail, that means you won. Also, maybe that scram will benefit you elsewhere, like, scramming other things? It isnt like its gonne go away after you use it once...
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#40 - 2013-01-08 16:34:27 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:

Oh the tears.

It was boring until your thread came along.

I don't have an issue with the current setup of the venture. Given that you can get it to almost 3 sec align time, even without the WCS plenty will get away.

And it isn't trolling. It is calling you out on your whiny, elitist, entitled attitude.