These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I drank a full glass of rotten milk.

Author
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#1 - 2013-01-07 18:41:54 UTC
I was chilling in my grandma's garage (my bedroom) and I had a who-knows-how-old glass of milk sitting on the coffee table, which I didn't pay any attention to.

But then I decided to have a nice glass of milk and went and poured myself one (I don't do dishes punctually because I'm a slob), and sat down with my nice new glass of milk and starting playing Skyrim.

Evidently I placed my new glass a little too close to the old glass because during one of my adventures I paused the game and reached for one of the glasses, unknowingly picking up the rotten one, and without thinking, began chugging this raunchy glass of stale, stinky, milk that had all kinds of weird chunky growths clinging to the sides of the glass. It didn't help that I kept my eyes closed for most of the drink, which left all responsibility up to my taste buds to realize that this milk all of a sudden tasted kind of funky. When I opened my eyes and saw the green stuff I was drinking, needless to say I was absolutely disgusted.

So I put the glass down, but being the iron-jawed, hard-drinking, tough mofo that I am, was unfazed by this rotten disturbance in my otherwise tip top body, which, being that I couldn't puke it out unless I forced myself to, which I didn't really entertain the thought of, made it all the more nasty.

So I went on with my day...
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-01-07 18:59:09 UTC
And people keep telling that the age of high adventures and true heroism is over....

You are god amongst men, sir.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#3 - 2013-01-07 19:06:53 UTC
Any updates on this? Now that that milk has had more time to go about its dirty work?
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#4 - 2013-01-07 19:30:43 UTC
ugh. Reminded of my science project (i.e. 6 month old milk) in the fridge when I was 20. I can't fathom how you managed to get a glass so close to your face without the hurl reflex kicking in.

Maybe it's just me but ever since the science project even a whiff of spoiled milk kicks in the reflex. Even thinking about it is causing my brain to create the smell making me want to hurl here at work.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-07 19:58:14 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
ugh. Reminded of my science project (i.e. 6 month old milk) in the fridge when I was 20. I can't fathom how you managed to get a glass so close to your face without the hurl reflex kicking in.

Maybe it's just me but ever since the science project even a whiff of spoiled milk kicks in the reflex. Even thinking about it is causing my brain to create the smell making me want to hurl here at work.

My sister and me used to spend the vacations at our grandparents' when we were kids. They never really realized that WW II was over and still lived as if even the tiniest crumb of bread was an invaluable treasure.
Never throw food away, never ever! So we had to drink a lot of rotten milk, because just throwing it away and buy some new was beyond them.
Since that time the stench of sour milk is still the single most nauseating smell I could possibly imagine and makes me gag.
Its even worse than the smell of rotting corpses (I used to work in a pathologic institute as a student).

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#6 - 2013-01-07 20:05:37 UTC
it's been awhile. he might be having convulsions on the ground of grandma's garage by now Sad

or has quarantined himself in the bathroom with foulness exiting both ends P
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#7 - 2013-01-07 20:10:06 UTC
So, you saw a glass of rotten milk and let it sit there? You are what is wrong with this world and you deserved to enjoy that disgusting cesspool in a glass.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#8 - 2013-01-07 21:17:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ares Desideratus
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

You just made me realize this but I think it's due to my messed up jaw / breathing habits. I snore, pretty badly (I can control it if I sleep out), and I breath through my mouth most of the time. That must be why I didn't notice any smell.

Khergit Deserters wrote:
Any updates on this? Now that that milk has had more time to go about its dirty work?

Nah, it's all good. I feel gross but I don't think my stomach has too much of a problem with it.

Metal Icarus wrote:
So, you saw a glass of rotten milk and let it sit there? You are what is wrong with this world and you deserved to enjoy that disgusting cesspool in a glass.

I'm sorry you feel this way, little man.

Edit: Like, I bet you've never ever made a mistake, eh?
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-01-07 22:05:06 UTC
Ares Desideratus wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

You just made me realize this but I think it's due to my messed up jaw / breathing habits. I snore, pretty badly (I can control it if I sleep out), and I breath through my mouth most of the time. That must be why I didn't notice any smell.

Khergit Deserters wrote:

Nah, it's all good. I feel gross but I don't think my stomach has too much of a problem with it.

Metal Icarus wrote:

I'm sorry you feel this way, little man.

I used to have a breathing problem that caused pretty much the same thing. It was because I'd broken my nose as a kid, and one nostril passage was partially blocked. Eventually I had a small surgery and got it fixed. I couldn't believe how much better life was after I could breathe easily. I could breathe through my nose, my sense of smell was better, things tasted better, and I didn't snore quite as loud. You might want to get it checked out, if you haven't already.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#10 - 2013-01-07 22:08:41 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
I used to have a breathing problem that caused pretty much the same thing. It was because I'd broken my nose as a kid, and one nostril passage was partially blocked. Eventually I had a small surgery and got it fixed. I couldn't believe how much better life was after I could breathe easily. I could breathe through my nose, my sense of smell was better, things tasted better, and I didn't snore quite as loud. You might want to get it checked out, if you haven't already.

Wow... interesting. Thanks for that; there are at least two times I can think of where I may have broken my nose, but I never went to the hospital to get it checked out.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#11 - 2013-01-07 23:27:28 UTC
You drank a glass of cheese. See, now doesn't that make the idea just a little more palatable?

Katrina Oniseki

Alara IonStorm
#12 - 2013-01-08 00:06:27 UTC
So...

Has it MWD'd out your backside yet?
Rain6639
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2013-01-08 00:18:18 UTC
finally, an OOPE thread not about the game we shall not speak of in OOPE
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#14 - 2013-01-08 02:08:07 UTC
I'd say my bowel movements are as good as ever just so you know
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#15 - 2013-01-08 04:35:32 UTC
thank you for that info. just what i needed as a pleasant snack accompaniment. Smile
Jenavee De'amore
New LIfe corp
#16 - 2013-01-08 19:14:39 UTC
Would you say any lessons learned? :D
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-01-08 20:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
Here is a quote from another site.

Quote:
It is nice to see that about 20 people are going to answer and say the same thing "you may be sick". The answer they gave is bullocks.

Sour milk is perfectly fine. You have eaten sour cream with no ill effects. Sour milk is just a flavouring as much as sour cream is. Before pasteurization spoiled milk may have been a problem because the bacteria that is present in fresh milk is not always friendly. Now there is no problem, and as long as you have kept the milk separate from poo and eggs, cross contamination should not be a problem.

To tell you the truth you may have hit upon some culinary secret with the sour milk. Sour milk is used in a lot of Indian and Tibetan recipes. The milk adds a dimension of flavour that is reminiscent of citrus for people that have no access to the fruit.

Never worry, of it isn't blue or an olive green it is ok.

One taste of spoiled milk will surely turn your stomach. Spoiled milk is distinctive in its aroma and appearance, but it need not be chucked out. It's a critical component of some delicacies!

Well, you learn something new every day... now let's all enjoy our rotten milk!

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#18 - 2013-01-08 21:48:57 UTC
no thank you lol
Mire Stoude
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-01-08 22:52:06 UTC
I remember as a child that I put a glass of milk under a desk (kids sit on the floor, put stuff in weird places). Some time (looong time) later I found the glass, the milk had solidified.
Subdolus Venator
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-01-08 23:29:57 UTC
So. Discovered a new delicacy, have we?

EVE is EVE - Feaces will eventuate.

12Next page