These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Famous EVE players

First post First post First post
Author
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#181 - 2013-01-07 17:18:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
My avatar looks like Eminem. That may be a clue about something. But probably not.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#182 - 2013-01-07 17:26:57 UTC
I've had coffee and a donut with Greg Allman and I've stood in line behind Steven Tyler while he was buying gum. I've also seen William Shatner up close and all pissed off about his luggage coming in late. I came really close to shaking hands with Jimmy Carter once, but some jerk jumped in front of me. And best of all, LaToya Jackson once gave me a little smile and a hair toss. (Her hair, not mine). So you can go ahead and add me to your list of celebrity EVE players.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#183 - 2013-01-07 17:49:36 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
I've had coffee and a donut with Greg Allman and I've stood in line behind Steven Tyler while he was buying gum. I've also seen William Shatner up close and all pissed off about his luggage coming in late. I came really close to shaking hands with Jimmy Carter once, but some jerk jumped in front of me. And best of all, LaToya Jackson once gave me a little smile and a hair toss. (Her hair, not mine). So you can go ahead and add me to your list of celebrity EVE players.

n00b.
Lol

I saw LaToya on her disasterous tour of 'gentleman's clubs' - She gave us ALL a smile and a hair toss. Sadly, while there was much skin, we didn't see all the bits we were hoping to see - Which is why the tour was a disaster. Blink

I've listened to Bill Shatner crack jokes - at his own expense - while sharing an elevator with him. I've shaken hands with Clint Eastwood, and seen that he actually drives in real life like he does in movies. AND you've got about ten seconds of the back of my head in Hunt for Red October - Which means yes, I've been on the same set with Alec Baldwin and Scott Glenn. Sadly, neither JEJ or Sean Connery were around, and I didn't get to actually *talk* to Baldwin or Glenn.

Most importantly:
I've sat and had a half-hour talk about daily life with Buck Dharma - Twice.

AND - the winner:
Richard Feynman was one of my father's thesis advisors, and I have a set of his lectures autographed personally to me. I watched Feynman and my father jam together six or seven time (Dad's a pretty decent percussionist, as well as a Doctor of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering).

So I am mostest famousest. Cool

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-01-07 18:06:46 UTC
i saw hilmar once... online :(

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#185 - 2013-01-07 19:00:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
silens vesica wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:

n00b.
Lol

I saw LaToya on her disasterous tour of 'gentleman's clubs' - She gave us ALL a smile and a hair toss. Sadly, while there was much skin, we didn't see all the bits we were hoping to see - Which is why the tour was a disaster. Blink

I've listened to Bill Shatner crack jokes - at his own expense - while sharing an elevator with him. I've shaken hands with Clint Eastwood, and seen that he actually drives in real life like he does in movies. AND you've got about ten seconds of the back of my head in Hunt for Red October - Which means yes, I've been on the same set with Alec Baldwin and Scott Glenn. Sadly, neither JEJ or Sean Connery were around, and I didn't get to actually *talk* to Baldwin or Glenn.

Most importantly:
I've sat and had a half-hour talk about daily life with Buck Dharma - Twice.

AND - the winner:
Richard Feynman was one of my father's thesis advisors, and I have a set of his lectures autographed personally to me. I watched Feynman and my father jam together six or seven time (Dad's a pretty decent percussionist, as well as a Doctor of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering).

So I am mostest famousest. Cool

You knew LaToya was doing a gentleman's club tour and didn't tell me about it? What kind of friend are you, huh? Anyway, I'm sure she would have remembered me (the cool guy standing on the sidewalk at Newark Int'l Airport, in a suit because he just had a job interview) and given me some special treatment.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a football (handegg) signed by the entire Pittsburg Steelers Super Bowl team of 1980. Unfortunately my former roommate played catch with it out in the rain, so the signatures are barely legible now. Typical college roommate story.... If they're not drinking your last beer, or eating your last bit of food in the fridge, they're erasing the sigs on your Super Bowl football.

Well, I can't top the Feynman story. I saw a documentary on him once where he was whaling away on a set of bongos. So your story about him jamming in your house kind of checks out. I guess.
Blink
Philboyd Benoit
#186 - 2013-01-07 19:38:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Philboyd Benoit
Hello. I am Waldo.

Wheres Waldo you ask?

I am camping your system.

And I am red!

destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#187 - 2013-01-07 19:44:48 UTC
Mitani isnt really famous when you think about it. he doesnt come out of his hole to much,

Bobbi Atwel is famous, in a way too. since he kills tengu's with a bomber :).
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#188 - 2013-01-07 20:00:12 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
You knew LaToya was doing a gentleman's club tour and didn't tell me about it? What kind of friend are you, huh? Anyway, I'm sure she would have remembered me (the cool guy standing on the sidewalk at Newark Int'l Airport, in a suit because he just had a job interview) and given me some special treatment.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a football (handegg) signed by the entire Pittsburg Steelers Super Bowl team of 1980. Unfortunately my former roommate played catch with it out in the rain, so the signatures are barely legible now. Typical college roommate story.... If they're not drinking your last beer, or eating your last bit of food in the fridge, they're erasing the sigs on your Super Bowl football.

Well, I can't top the Feynman story. I saw a documentary on him once where he was whaling away on a set of bongos. So your story about him jamming in your house kind of checks out. I guess.
Blink

Damn. I knew I was forgetting to tell someone abuot that trip to Reading...
Anyway, you got your smile and 'flip in a non-professional environment, so I s'pose it counts for more. Steelers auto-bag is pretty cool. But I got Lance Mackey's AND DeeDee Jonrowe's sig - from ON the trail!

Maybe not many people care abuot that... I guess I'll have to buy you a frosty one in apology about the missed roadtrip, and we'll swap stories. then shoot each other in the face. Twisted

(Wish I'd been old enough to ask some meaningful questions of Feynmen at the time - Was little older than a snot-monkey at the time. Feynman would've been a Goon, for certain.)

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Irsam Samri
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#189 - 2013-01-07 20:00:29 UTC
Robin Williams played DAOC (Dark age of Camelot) a few years back, and he was good. I swear we played with him on the PvP server but he never came to voice chat so couldnt confirm
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#190 - 2013-01-07 20:03:31 UTC
Irsam Samri wrote:
Robin Williams played DAOC (Dark age of Camelot) a few years back, and he was good. I swear we played with him on the PvP server but he never came to voice chat so couldnt confirm

Wouldn't surprise me at all - I kinow people who've met him 'in the wild' and he universally seemed pretty cool to all of them.

Conar
My Wormhole Hurts
#191 - 2013-01-07 20:34:51 UTC
Morgan Feeman, FC : Fleet up! Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rana Ash wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
I want to be on voice with Samuel L. Jackson.

Nah Morgan Freeman is way better, imagen him calling primary in fleet

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#192 - 2013-01-07 20:55:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
silens vesica wrote:
Irsam Samri wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me at all - I kinow people who've met him 'in the wild' and he universally seemed pretty cool to all of them.

Oh yeah. A co-worker of mine used to work in an electronics store in San Francisco or Marin County, I've forgotten which. Robin Williams would come in with his son and by big piles of console games for him. My friend had the job of demonstrated and recommending the games to the son. Said dad Robin was always very laid-back and cool.

Same friend, same store: Michael Jackson would come in sometimes also. He'd kind of hide out in a corner with his hat over his eyes, trying to be anonymous. His huge white guy bodyguard would do the shopping, and try to bargain the sales guys down on the prices. And throw a little physical intimidation + snobbery into it. They'd say, "Wait, let me check with the manager." Then go out back, smoke a cig, come back and say, "Sorry, he said nope."

Robin Williams-- generous, good alignment. Michael Jackson-- cheap, weirdo bully alignment.

If you need any more second-hand celebrity gossip, just let me know.
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#193 - 2013-01-07 21:10:15 UTC
I ain't no superstar, I'm more like a planet

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#194 - 2013-01-07 21:23:01 UTC
I remember reading somewhere that Sasha Grey played EVE Online.
Don't remember where that was though. I don't believe it anyway.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#195 - 2013-01-08 14:59:31 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that Sasha Grey played EVE Online.
Don't remember where that was though. I don't believe it anyway.

She did voices for Saint's Row.
She states that she's played Unreal Tournament, SOCOM, and other shooters. EVEOnline doesn't seem any stretch at all.
She also admits to being bad at it. Blink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GvhwSn0kA8

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#196 - 2013-01-08 15:54:41 UTC
Efraya wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
I want to be on voice with Samuel L. Jackson.

Primary ************, are you DPS'in him?

Lately on fleetcoms:

Russian Fc: в основном, на мать парня с Blastertengu
Samuel L. Jackson: English, Sir? Do you speak it?

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Cruella Deathwing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#197 - 2013-01-09 09:08:21 UTC
I'm lead guitar player for "some" band. And I do movies.
Don't tell anyone. P
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#198 - 2013-01-09 10:16:51 UTC
For a moment I imagined an FC calling targets.
That FC being Morgan Freeman.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tyrton
Imbecile MIiss Managment and Disasters
Intergalactic Interstellar Interns
#199 - 2013-01-09 11:17:46 UTC
Tubrug1 wrote:
fukier wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
Pewty McPew wrote:
You mean soccer?

No.

No clue what you are talking about then... Football is called football because its one foot long...

American logic.

It would be amusing if the NFL/CFL "pick a letter and put it in front of FL" actually had to play with the rules of football where you can't use your hands to effect the ball, yet keep the "silly elongated not really a ball" ball. They would have to pick a golie who would have to balance between the uprights. Just so they could earn the name "foot" ball. I would watch that game.
Garonor
Aegis Security Consulting
#200 - 2013-01-09 11:32:31 UTC
Luc Chastot wrote:
I'm Joseph A. Ratzinger.

Really? Well since you are here, maybe you could help answer an age-old question, which has been troubling me for years:

Do you actually s**t in the woods? And if so: which woods do you prefer and have you had your own forrest planted behind the Sistine Chapel?