These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

@ CCP Spitfire and Phantom.

First post
Author
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#1 - 2011-10-24 11:00:41 UTC
I would like to congratulate you on doing an outstanding job so far, for this past week, since the lay-offs. I've seen you posting on the most obscure threads, asuring people that their feedback is being heard, compiling lists of player concerns and questions and overall giving the impression that you spend half the day posting and the other half running around the office chasing developers to relay player feedback.

However, keep an eye out and try to keep a steady pace instead of trying to do too many things at once, so that you won't burn yourselves out. Like putting a module on overload, it gives a stellar performance however it burns down fast and then its no good.

Unless you two got a raise together with the increased responsabilities.. in that case, chop-chop!

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#2 - 2011-10-24 11:04:25 UTC
Both need to lighten up a bit though.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#3 - 2011-10-24 11:59:13 UTC
indeed, both Spitfire and Phantom has has been flying ...

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2011-10-24 12:03:24 UTC
I agree, both of these guys are awesome!
Fille Balle
Ballbreakers R us
#5 - 2011-10-24 12:14:32 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
I would like to congratulate you on doing an outstanding job so far, for this past week, since the lay-offs. I've seen you posting on the most obscure threads, asuring people that their feedback is being heard, compiling lists of player concerns and questions and overall giving the impression that you spend half the day posting and the other half running around the office chasing developers to relay player feedback.

However, keep an eye out and try to keep a steady pace instead of trying to do too many things at once, so that you won't burn yourselves out. Like putting a module on overload, it gives a stellar performance however it burns down fast and then its no good.

Unless you two got a raise together with the increased responsabilities.. in that case, chop-chop!

Totally agree with you. This thread needs more posts showing more appreciation for our esteemed community representatives.

Keep up the good work guys!

But yeah, don't overdo it. We can't afford to loose you Cry

Stop the spamming, not the scamming!

Big Bad Mofo
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-10-24 12:22:58 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:

Yes agreed, and a little 'consistency' wouldn't go amiss....
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-24 12:30:30 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
I agree, both of these guys are awesome!

Don't worry, you're awesome too Blink
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#8 - 2011-10-24 12:31:50 UTC
Quite frankly, I am amazed that they have not vented their outrage at the Eve community who insists on kicking CCP whilst they're down.

Good going guys, but don't burn the candle at both ends, you're only human as well.

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2011-10-24 12:52:16 UTC
Thank you very much for these kind words!

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2011-10-24 12:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
Thank you for the kind words everyone! Much appreciated; we'll try not to let you down (or burn out, for that matter). Smile

Brooks Puuntai wrote:

I posted a Russian Nyan Cat video on Twitter the other day (with devastating results); does it count?

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

SilentSkills
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-10-24 13:13:02 UTC
link it or didn't happen Big smile
Shionoya Risa
The Xenodus Initiative.
#12 - 2011-10-24 13:13:30 UTC
CCP Spitfire wrote:

I posted a Russian Nyan Cat video on Twitter the other day (with devastating results); does it count?

Sheesh, everyone knows Mexican Nyan Cat is best nyan cat!
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#13 - 2011-10-24 13:21:07 UTC
CCP Spitfire wrote:
Thank you for the kind words everyone! Much appreciated; we'll try not to let you down (or burn out, for that matter). Smile

Brooks Puuntai wrote:

Its a start.

Though after dealing with Fallout tweeting about her cats all the time, I kind of stopped paying attention to CCPs twitter.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#14 - 2011-10-24 13:29:46 UTC
Don't like nyan cat much...

But Trololo rocks!!

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Jooce McNasty
Islefive Consulting
#15 - 2011-10-24 13:36:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jooce McNasty
I just want to throw my thanks in as well. I am sure it is hard especially after the news last week but all the Dev's posting on the forums are keeping my hope alive with the constant communication, Just seeing the nice blue Dev arrow next to a pile of threads makes me feel better about the future of this game.

Keep up the good work.